PDA

View Full Version : Anyone also in the tropics experiencing a cooler and stormy year?

touchring
5th May 2007, 07:08 AM
Has anyone here also living in the tropics experiencing a cooler and stormy year? This year is definitely the coolest year i've experienced in a decade. Raining all the time.

Anyone got that experience also?

Ok, i know, it's dry in Australia.

Rubber Duck
5th May 2007, 08:53 AM
El Niño.

Yes, and it has already gone.

touchring
5th May 2007, 09:07 AM
El Niño.

Yes, and it has already gone.

What happens to US Gulf states when there is El Niño? If there are storms, I think it is going to be serious this year looking at the strenghth of the monsoons.

Rubber Duck
5th May 2007, 09:11 AM
Don't know.

I know Grey Whales have been starving off the West Coast of the US and that one possible explanation is the the brewing El Nino had disrupted the food supplies by dramatic changes in water temperatures, but they were not totally sure that was the cause.

touchring
5th May 2007, 09:25 AM
Don't know.

I know Grey Whales have been starving off the West Coast of the US and that one possible explanation is the the brewing El Nino had disrupted the food supplies by dramatic changes in water temperatures, but they were not totally sure that was the cause.

Yes, i remembered, 1998 El Nino, lots of forest fires, smoke everywhere, in fact, Northern Thailand just experienced that 2 mths back. This time might be worst than 1998.

Rubber Duck
5th May 2007, 11:09 AM
Yes, i remembered, 1998 El Nino, lots of forest fires, smoke everywhere, in fact, Northern Thailand just experienced that 2 mths back. This time might be worst than 1998.

All minor stuff compared with the Earthquake that is about to hit the Japanese Internet.

L@@K
5th May 2007, 11:23 AM
Hi all !

This all very serious.

1999 in France: the Big Storm, thousands trees on the ground.

2003 in Europe: heat wave, High temperature => 15.000 died, 30.000 I think in all South Europe. Especially old people. A big shock here.

2006 in Portugal : thousands fire of forest everywhere

2007 in Italia: DRY DRY DRY !

In Africa, in Madagascar (pacific coast) that I know especially, they begin to have typhoon they never had before !

Idem in Brazilia, and in South America.

This is ALL VERY serious

If you not yet seen the Al Gore movie, you must do.(an unconvenient true)
No politic here, I don't know him and I don't care, but I know the facts are true.

And it's very worrying...

Regards

bwhhisc
5th May 2007, 11:34 AM
All minor stuff compared with the Earthquake that is about to hit the Japanese Internet.

LOL- good one.

Rubber Duck
5th May 2007, 12:01 PM
Perhaps someone should tell Dubya!

Hi all !

This all very serious.

1999 in France: the Big Storm, thousands trees on the ground.

2003 in Europe: heat wave, High temperature => 15.000 died, 30.000 I think in all South Europe. Especially old people. A big shock here.

2006 in Portugal : thousands fire of forest everywhere

2007 in Italia: DRY DRY DRY !

In Africa, in Madagascar (pacific coast) that I know especially, they begin to have typhoon they never had before !

Idem in Brazilia, and in South America.

This is ALL VERY serious

If you not yet seen the Al Gore movie, you must do.(an unconvenient true)
No politic here, I don't know him and I don't care, but I know the facts are true.

And it's very worrying...

Regards

yanni
5th May 2007, 01:12 PM
Dubya is living his own personal hell with Iraq. No time to worry about El Niño.

Rubber Duck
5th May 2007, 01:18 PM
Dubya is living his own personal hell with Iraq. No time to worry about El Niño.

Yes, the only problem is that he does it by proxy with other people's lives. Perhaps he should put his own on the line more often, then the man who has really been in charge all along might get the opportunity to step up to the block.

Might I suggest a meet and greet in downtown Bagdad.

Drewbert
5th May 2007, 05:05 PM
El niño failed to trigger this year, so we are expecting an active hurricane season here in the Caribbean.

Weather was definitely different. Spoke to people who had lived here for 15 years and they said they'd never seen anything like it.

Previously, for 9 months of the year, it was cloudless skys, with a couple of tropical thunderstorms rolling through each day. Good for tourism.

Last year, we had days where it was overcast all day - never seen that here before, on the caribbean OR pacific coasts.

Australia is apparently not looking good either...

http://theorstrahyun.blogspot.com/2007/05/australia-faces-worlds-most-extreme.html

We can thank the denialists access to the media for the lack of movement from what SHOULD be the country leading the fight. Karl Rove carries the blame for a lot of the world's woes right now.