PDA

View Full Version : Нержавеющая Сталь or нержавейка (stainless steel)

burnsinternet
11th May 2007, 08:54 AM
I just registered НержавеющаяСталь.com and нержавейка.com.

Both Нержавеющая Сталь and нержавейка translate as 'stainless steel' in multiple dictionaries.

Any comments or help would be appreciated. Keep or drop?

rofsjan
11th May 2007, 09:07 AM
Нержавеющая Сталь is formal Russian. The domain name НержавеющаяСталь.com is very long.

нержавейка is informal Russian. Using this word for b2b is questionalbe.

Success, burnsinternet.

alpha
11th May 2007, 09:30 AM
thats a very long name.

I'm sure there must be a more popular (and shorter) abbreviation?

do you have insurance? you will get sued for RSI from websurfers :p

Rubber Duck
11th May 2007, 09:52 AM
Culturally Russians seem to be more disposed to long names than Americans.

Of course eventually the tendency for such lengthy names may result in massive popularity of Acronyms. Who knows?

alpha
11th May 2007, 10:09 AM
Culturally Russians seem to be more disposed to long names than Americans.

Of course eventually the tendency for such lengthy names may result in massive popularity of Acronyms. Who knows?

yes that would make sense.

that must have been the logic behind Drews grab of all the Cyrillic acronyms last year.

Rubber Duck
11th May 2007, 10:37 AM
The most bafflng aspect of this from my point of view is the virtual collapse of the the Russian Aftermarket despite the Russian's being top of the class from a type-in perspective.

The Russian economy is booming. Growth on Internal measure is approaching double figures, the currency is booming. In US dollar terms real growth must be somewhere between 20 and 30%.

The only reason, I can think of that this market is so undervalued are the linguistic uncertainties. We can only hope the clarity that will be brought by the DNLocal Elite Auctions will turn this situation around.

burnsinternet
11th May 2007, 03:05 PM
Well, yes, in English the domain Stainless Steel dot com would also be a long name, but it is certainly descriptive. Also, steel dot com and dot net were regged the same day long ago, so I had to get creative.

My domains ЭротическиеРассказы.com, СайтЗнакомств.com, ПрикольныеКартинки.com, СвадебноеПлатье.com, ВечерниеПлатья.com and others are also long, but they do just fine. For $7 each, I think I'll take a shot. I am in this for the long haul.

Thanks for the comments and wishes of success, Rofsjan, and all others who help me! I wish you much success as well!

khurtsiya
14th May 2007, 07:42 PM
I just registered НержавеющаяСталь.com and нержавейка.com.

Both Нержавеющая Сталь and нержавейка translate as 'stainless steel' in multiple dictionaries.

Any comments or help would be appreciated. Keep or drop?
wordstat
нержавейка 19060
нержавеющая сталь 12987

For russians both are good. Нержавейка is better i think, cuz it's shorter and everybody knows and uses this word, not Нержавещющая сталь.

burnsinternet
14th May 2007, 11:33 PM
I just wanted to make sure that translation was correct. I have seen нержавейка used, but I wasn't sure if it was a typo or something hideous.