PDA

View Full Version : Only Premium Chinese/Japanese Domains

vanion
13th May 2007, 01:07 AM
I have a large budget of around 50k to 100k .

I am looking to purchase premium chinese domains like creditcard.com , loans.com , health.com etc.

If anyone has any of these, please pm me.

For japanese domains, they have to have existing revenue and type ins .

mulligan
13th May 2007, 01:20 AM
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/11031-revenue-domain-for-sale-%28%24180-in-the-last-5-or-so-weeks%29-a.html

sanfran
15th May 2007, 10:26 PM
电话本.com
奉献.com
匝.com
礁.com
歈.com
馔.com

プロパティ.com
リアリティ.COM

您讀漢語語言嗎?

rhys
16th May 2007, 12:10 AM
I have a large budget of around 50k to 100k .

I am looking to purchase premium chinese domains like creditcard.com , loans.com , health.com etc.

If anyone has any of these, please pm me.

For japanese domains, they have to have existing revenue and type ins .

Just for reference, no japanese domains are going to have type-ins at this point worth mentioning. The only traffic japanese domains are developed IDNs. If you are interested in these, do you have an idea of the multiple of yearly earnings you're thinking of paying?

vanion
16th May 2007, 02:27 AM
so basically there are few idns with any type ins and everyone's just speculating?

Fka200
16th May 2007, 02:42 AM
so basically there are few idns with any type ins and everyone's just speculating?

There are in fact type-in IDNs. Trust me, it is no speculation ;)

Olney
16th May 2007, 02:56 AM
I think most of the best domain holders probably know that sales based on type ins now don't seem like a good deal. I think most also would respect you as a potential investor.

US based parking is not maximizing on IDNs for many markets.
Browser support is still low

but we still get type ins

It might be speculation but many are earning revenue via search traffic until there is more browser penetration in markets. & members do have some of the best generics in multiple languages.

My point is selling premiums based on parked traffic multiples/pure typins "today" might be a bit hard to attract the best domain holders.

I personally didn't wanted to write this in your thread but since you asked...
Others may feel different though.

rhys
16th May 2007, 03:22 AM

The type-ins others are talking about are latin IDNs, cyrilics-languages, and maybe arabic. In Japan, there are no real type-ins worth talking about yet. Remember Japanese up to this point had only ascii domains to deal with - which mostly they cannot remember nor can they type. They are not accustomed to typing in yet. For that to happen, all the common internet destinations need to switch over to IDN and start advertising. That will take a little while, though it is starting to happen.

So to Olney's point, no one is going to sell you a premium Japanese IDN for current type-in traffic x a multiple. You can call it speculation but at this point, most of us comprehend the probable value of the terms we are sitting on.

markits
24th June 2009, 03:05 PM
Revisit here.
My guess is that the creditcard.com (Japanese) should be making quite a bit now.

mulligan
24th June 2009, 06:03 PM
Remember Cairo (that you suddenly remembered also meant chiropractor once the deal was done but neglected to tell me) .... in the early days? Craig?

Grade A shithead. Thank fuck I 'learn' fast!

(Apologies for bringing it up)

dfchgq
31st July 2009, 02:04 PM
I have

有机化妆品.com "Organic Skincare" in Chinese
and
婴儿推车.cn "baby stroller" in Chinese

both belong to high price and high potential industry

Pm if interested

chinainvest
2nd February 2010, 06:41 AM
I have 住房貸款.cn

bwhhisc
2nd February 2010, 08:03 AM
I have 住房貸款.cn

This thread is from 2007.....Vanion been not been back to IDNF since then.