PDA

View Full Version : Is NameRich Good? Compared to Dopa...

duskdawn
18th May 2007, 01:20 AM
Hi guys,
Haven't been here for a while and it seems namerich is emerging as a good option for Chinese traffic name parking. Anyone tried it please share your experiences with us.
Thank you.
BTW, I am currently using dopa, so if you have used both, your opinion are greatly welcome.

alpha
18th May 2007, 09:25 AM
I am definately seeing more traffic via NameRich, but it is paying virtually zero

Drewbert
18th May 2007, 07:19 PM
I put a bunch of names in 3 days ago as a test and they're resolving but still not approved. Which possibly means they're taking revenue from them without giving me any of it?

jacksonm
18th May 2007, 07:40 PM
I put a bunch of names in 3 days ago as a test and they're resolving but still not approved. Which possibly means they're taking revenue from them without giving me any of it?

When you point your domain directly to a parking provider's nameservers, you have no way of knowing if they actually report *all* of your traffic or not.

I won't mention any names without quite a lot more data to substantiate my suspicion, but I have seen queries in my DNS logs for domains which are pointed to a parking providers webserver IP, and I have observed that even after 2 hours not all of the queries resulted in incremented views in the parking system. I am talking about queries like "www.xn-foo.com" and not just "xn--foo.com". I understand that the bare domain gets queried by many automated systems for many reasons, but generally not the www hostname unless it's a web browser.

namerich
23rd May 2007, 08:08 AM
Dear All,

It's really nice to see so many discussions going on about NameRich here at IDNForums, but wow, are you guys hard to keep up with. We've asked IDNForums for a dedicated NameRich.com Sub Forum but no reply so far.

Without naming names, there are obviously other choices to NameRich for your China parking needs. However, we'd like to take this opportunity to dispell any notions that we are "carving out" or "holding back" any revenue from our customers. The bottom line is that if a domain parked on NameRich gets traffic and subsequent clicks, the customer WILL earn revenue from that click. Furthermore, we adhere to IETF standards on our servers for traffic reporting and attempt to provide the most accurate reporting possible. However, traffic stats will vary from one provider to the next as there are so many variables. In the end, what matters most to all of you is revenue. Putting aside for the moment traffic, CTR's and RPC's, we believe that net parking revenues derived on NameRich should be in line with other providers if not a bit better but the only way to tell is to test and compare.

What we can absolutely guaruntee to our customers is responsive customer support and a committment to building long term relationships with them. We hope to have an opportunity to earn your business!

NameRich

Wot
23rd May 2007, 11:47 AM
Dear All,

It's really nice to see so many discussions going on about NameRich here at IDNForums, but wow, are you guys hard to keep up with. We've asked IDNForums for a dedicated NameRich.com Sub Forum but no reply so far.

Without naming names, there are obviously other choices to NameRich for your China parking needs. However, we'd like to take this opportunity to dispell any notions that we are "carving out" or "holding back" any revenue from our customers. The bottom line is that if a domain parked on NameRich gets traffic and subsequent clicks, the customer WILL earn revenue from that click. Furthermore, we adhere to IETF standards on our servers for traffic reporting and attempt to provide the most accurate reporting possible. However, traffic stats will vary from one provider to the next as there are so many variables. In the end, what matters most to all of you is revenue. Putting aside for the moment traffic, CTR's and RPC's, we believe that net parking revenues derived on NameRich should be in line with other providers if not a bit better but the only way to tell is to test and compare.

What we can absolutely guaruntee to our customers is responsive customer support and a committment to building long term relationships with them. We hope to have an opportunity to earn your business!

NameRich

Thanks for that- worth putting a few names up to see Wots what :)

Olney - dedicated forum?

jacksonm
23rd May 2007, 04:09 PM
Furthermore, we adhere to IETF standards on our servers for traffic reporting and attempt to provide the most accurate reporting possible. However, traffic stats will vary from one provider to the next as there are so many variables.

Which IETF traffic reporting standard are you referring to? I was not aware of the existence of such an animal.

namerich
23rd May 2007, 05:02 PM
Dear Jacksonm,

Apologies if I spoke innaccurately regarding IETF standards if there is not a specific traffic reporting standard. I meant to emphasize that we do our best to provide accurate reporting to our customers and I know that our engineers often refer to IETF standards during development.

NameRich

jacksonm
23rd May 2007, 09:10 PM
Dear Jacksonm,

Apologies if I spoke innaccurately regarding IETF standards if there is not a specific traffic reporting standard. I meant to emphasize that we do our best to provide accurate reporting to our customers and I know that our engineers often refer to IETF standards during development.

NameRich

Thanks for the clarification.

Dear Jacksonm,

NameRich

Thanks for the clarification.

Drewbert
4th July 2007, 01:41 AM
Well now that China appears to be sorting out their plug-in problems, Dopa is pissing all over Namerich as far as traffic and CTR is concerned.

What's up NameRich?

namerich
4th July 2007, 02:36 AM
Dear Drewbert,

We have customers that have compared domain performance between multiple platforms and, just as in the US, some domains perform better with one provider versus another. We'd be glad to do a case specific comparison for any of your names to see where the actual discrepancies are. If our performance on a domain is indeed less than another provider, we'd truly appreciate the opportunty to find a way to make it better for you and, in turn, all of our customers.

Please feel free to PM me with any specific issues.

NameRich

duskdawn
11th July 2007, 11:03 PM
I have a question here:
I see namerich.cn provides Chinese version for local people but I am using the English one in namerich.com. I couldn't log into the .cn with the ID registered at .com. Why don't you guys use the same system for both Chinese and English users? I see the .cn is largely promoted in China so I hope the English version will not be gradually ignored. BTW, are the 2 systems absolutely the same? Let's say if a new feature is added in .cn, will it be added in .com at the same time? And since I am moving back to China, do you suggest I move to Chinese version?

namerich
16th July 2007, 05:33 PM
Dear Duskdawn,

Apologies for the slow reply. Here are the answers to your questions. The parking system for the Chinese and English versions of NameRich are exatly the same. However, we have separated the accounts of customers that signed up on each website. Some Chinese customers that originally signed up on NameRich.com asked to be transferred to the Chinese version because it's easier for them to navigate the system in their native language. If you would like to have your account transferred to the Chinese version, simply send an e-mail with your Username to service@chinaspringboard.com and we'll take care of that for you. All of the features of the system are updated in one database and will be reflected in both versions.

I've also sent you a PM regarding some other issues. Thanks for being a NameRich customer.

NameRich

duskdawn
16th July 2007, 05:43 PM
谢谢!

Since you said it is the same system, I will remain in the English platform at this moment. I will let you guys know if I want to switch in the future.
BTW, just to reply your pm here, my home is in Beijing and am moving back next month. Glad to visit you guys if possible.
Thank you.

Rubber Duck
16th July 2007, 05:47 PM
Actuallly, got so bored today having been reminded of the URL where I parked my Chinese, I thought I would check things out. Can anyone explain what all these numbers mean?

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07162007184620dw5.jpg
URL copied to Clipboard

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07162007184141ce7.jpg
URL copied to Clipboard

thefabfive
16th July 2007, 06:40 PM
Can anyone explain what all these numbers mean? They mean it won't be long now.

Rubber Duck
16th July 2007, 06:52 PM
It appears to have been a bit of a roller coaster ride!

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07162007194526nj0.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07162007195113cr9.jpg

Have some bears been keeping the honey pot all to themselves?

thefabfive
16th July 2007, 07:12 PM
Many of us have seen the same trend. Both on Namerich and at Dopa.

touchring
16th July 2007, 09:00 PM
NR PPC doesn't look good. only 0.09 yuan per click, as opposed to 0.40 for SC.

Here's my SC stats. Should i take down my chinese minisites and move to SC?

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7052/sclg9.png (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-07-16

Rubber Duck
16th July 2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks. Nameservers switched to Dopa. Fingers crossed!

Giant
17th July 2007, 01:12 AM
谢谢!

Since you said it is the same system, I will remain in the English platform at this moment. I will let you guys know if I want to switch in the future.
BTW, just to reply your pm here, my home is in Beijing and am moving back next month. Glad to visit you guys if possible.
Thank you.

Glad to see one more "sea turtle" in China :-).

It appears to have been a bit of a roller coaster ride!

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07162007194526nj0.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07162007195113cr9.jpg

Have some bears been keeping the honey pot all to themselves?

VeriSign's plug-in in IE6 was blocked by MS's DEP (Data Execution Prevention) again since July 11.

touchring
17th July 2007, 05:43 AM
VeriSign's plug-in in IE6 was blocked by MS's DEP (Data Execution Prevention) again since July 11.

Is the CNNIC plugin affected by the DEP also?

Rubber Duck
17th July 2007, 05:51 AM
Can any of you elaborate and explain what is going down here.

If traffic is back and converting well this is big news.

Oh, and somebody remember to wake up Alpha in 2050!

alpha
17th July 2007, 07:35 AM
...Oh, and somebody remember to wake up Alpha in 2050!

I sleep with one eye open...

[good news about the traffic, just need the ppc value to increase from its pathetic amount now]

Rubber Duck
17th July 2007, 07:37 AM
I sleep with one eye open...

[good news about the traffic, just need the ppc value to increase from its pathetic amount now]

Back a Dopa. Doesn't seem so bad. Early days though!

Also immediately got an equiry in Chinese. Quoted him $100K!

touchring
17th July 2007, 07:48 AM
Can any of you elaborate and explain what is going down here.

If traffic is back and converting well this is big news.

Oh, and somebody remember to wake up Alpha in 2050!

I find it weired that CNNIC's plugin is dependent on verisign and DEP. That case, didn't their plan got screwed by DEP? And why does DEP switch on and off like automatic?

Rubber Duck
17th July 2007, 07:52 AM
I find it weired that CNNIC's plugin is dependent on verisign and DEP. That case, didn't their plan got screwed by DEP? And why does DEP switch on and off like automatic?

It is only a matter of time before China tells M$ to shove their bloatware where the sun don't shine!

touchring
17th July 2007, 08:08 PM
Back a Dopa. Doesn't seem so bad. Early days though!

Also immediately got an equiry in Chinese. Quoted him $100K!

How did the PPC go? I'm still getting about 37 cents yuan per click.

Rubber Duck
17th July 2007, 08:58 PM
How did the PPC go? I'm still getting about 37 cents yuan per click.

PPC is generally higher although perhaps not quite as high as yours.

CTR seems to be lower, but I will leave it couple of days before drawing firm conclusions.

Giant
18th July 2007, 04:33 PM
Is the CNNIC plugin affected by the DEP also?

Not sure about that, I've never installed CNNIC plugin.

Drewbert
18th July 2007, 05:12 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how Microsoft can remotely control how DEP affects the plugin. Unless they released a windows update on July 1st and then another one later.

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/howto-25.html

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=912923

From what I've seen about DEP so far, if the plug in is affected by it, it's caused by a programming error by the plugin writer?

touchring
20th July 2007, 05:47 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how Microsoft can remotely control how DEP affects the plugin. Unless they released a windows update on July 1st and then another one later.

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/howto-25.html

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=912923

From what I've seen about DEP so far, if the plug in is affected by it, it's caused by a programming error by the plugin writer?

Chinese traffic fell off steeply again. Has anyone figured out?

Rubber Duck
20th July 2007, 05:51 AM
Chinese traffic fell off steeply again. Has anyone figured out?

Bloody typiclal. I had one good day!

Drewbert
20th July 2007, 06:18 AM
Looks like it died again on the 11th.

:(

o00o
8th August 2007, 06:24 AM
hehe

I have NAMERICH.ORG.CN NAMERICH.NET.CN ;)

touchring
8th August 2007, 06:47 AM
hehe

;)

Tomdomain
4th September 2007, 01:08 AM
Actually I am doing well with DNParking.com currently, which is the largest parking service in Asia.........not only more Chinese Traffic and also with high share........

I once be parked with dopa, but converted to DNParking.com laters for high revenue and ensured payment :p hehehe..........

zenmarketing
9th September 2007, 05:35 PM
Suggestion for Namerich:

I parked some names with Namerich, and one thing that annoys me is that the parking stats display the punycode, making it difficult/useless to be able to get any meaningful data from the reports with a quick glance.

Please display IDN domains in their Unicode form, thanks.