PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest registrar for com.br

ptaylor
20th May 2007, 04:03 AM
Does anyone know where the cheapest registrar for .com.br?

websjapan
1st August 2007, 02:14 AM
http://domainer.com.br/

will register and act as your agent

$35 and fast flexible service.

chinainvest
22nd August 2007, 02:06 PM
I have a problem with an arrangement like this. Just say you find a jem of a name, approach them to act as an agent to register it. You send the name you would like them to register on your behalf, they see it is a really good name, and then they register it for them selfs. It was available before you approached them, now all of a sudden its gone.

It is very risky in my opinion.

domainguru
22nd August 2007, 02:11 PM
I have a problem with an arrangement like this. Just say you find a jem of a name, approach them to act as an agent to register it. You send the name you would like them to register on your behalf, they see it is a really good name, and then they register it for them selfs. It was available before you approached them, now all of a sudden its gone.

Its only risky if they actually do it. Do some research.

mdw
22nd August 2007, 04:43 PM
No doubt there is risk there to be considered carefully! But in .com.br you don't have a lot of choices unless you have a trusted partner who is a brazillian citizen. Westerners take a lot for granted regarding starting companies, but laws in many places are really less conducive to entrepreneurship. I started down this path once and decided not to invest in .com.br because of the judicial environment and the nature of corporations as legal entities in Brazil.

In Brazil setting up a corporation for the purpose of owning domain names is not that hard to do or expensive. But a corporation there is not the same type of ephemeral legal entity it is in the US, for example. You cannot simply close up shop and discontinue any ongoing obligations; liabilities and responsibilities continue long after the company has ceased functioning. Therefore it makes sense to use a proxy to register the domains for you, as long as you get to know the folks running the show, gain confidence in them and of course make sure to never bet it all on one horse! Just my opinion tho...

websjapan
22nd August 2007, 08:44 PM
of course i was worried bout that but this guy seems very honest in all my dealings with him...