PDA

View Full Version : Korean IDN.org domains

burnsinternet
20th May 2007, 03:21 PM
Any comments on translation and impact of the .org extension are welcome.

번역기.org (translator)
Korean Ovt: 172,054

일본어번역기.org (Japanese translator)
Korean Ovt: 451,334

영어번역기.org (English translator)
Korean Ovt: 223,661

Fka200
20th May 2007, 06:15 PM
All I can say is really nice OVT #s lol.

thefabfive
20th May 2007, 06:55 PM
The Koreans seem to be crazy for domain names. And I think both .org and .info will be fine. Great OVT, BTW.

burnsinternet
20th May 2007, 07:06 PM
If only I could be 99% certain of the translations! These are just best guesses.

Fka200
20th May 2007, 07:11 PM
If only I could be 99% certain of the translations! These are just best guesses.

With OVT like that, does it really matter? I think one of the Korean domains I bought yesterday had like 60K OVT but it was like " Long river running, light" or something... but I figured with 60k ovt maybe it had some hidden meaning that I just couldn't understand... lol.

burnsinternet
20th May 2007, 07:39 PM
Some of my biggest flops are Korean regs. OMG, I could make you laugh. It would be funny if it were not so sad.

One thing I found is that a good dot com, still unregistered this late, with good Ovt is almost always a TM. And with Korean, it is bloody difficult to determine that. Needless to say, I have a wonderful example with 898,787 and another with 711,491 Ovt. I am fairly certain that these have issues.

And the best part is.... No traffic whatsoever. Those will be easy to drop. I can't wait to see what happens at Snap when those babies show up.

Koreans are regging top terms in every possible extension (just like the rest of us). I have found top Korean IDN.org domains regged by Koreans since 2002 while, of course, the .com was regged in 2000. No wonder that market is so tough to crack....