PDA

View Full Version : Hundreds of Adsense webmasters got their termination letter last week!

touchring
20th May 2007, 05:18 PM
Hundreds of adsense webmasters got their termination letter last week! All of you,please check your emails/junk mail folders. I hope none of us here got it.

http://www.webmasterworld.com/google_adsense/3342640.htm

burnsinternet
20th May 2007, 05:58 PM
I'd rather stick with parking pages than get termed by Google.

I guess the moral of the story is to have four pages, keep content relevant, and.... anything else?

Fka200
20th May 2007, 06:15 PM
Has something to do with Adsense Arbitrage. Funny, I was actually going to look into it more since it seemed quite interesting.

touchring
20th May 2007, 06:15 PM
This is one reason why i went into idns - so that i can earn frmo natural type-in. We will lose out to search engines at the end of the day.

Do not take SERP traffic from Google for granted.

burnsinternet
20th May 2007, 06:17 PM
Amen!

Rubber Duck
20th May 2007, 09:07 PM
The only thing you can be fairly certain of hanging onto is the natural type-in on your generic dot coms. That is why quality counts.

touchring
20th May 2007, 09:33 PM
Has something to do with Adsense Arbitrage. Funny, I was actually going to look into it more since it seemed quite interesting.

I was doing arbitrage from 2003 to 2005, but stopped the moment i found out about idns. Living off google isn't a good idea - i don't like to be a pawn in their search game, and all pawns ultimately get chopped off.

Fka200
20th May 2007, 09:36 PM
I was doing arbitrage from 2003 to 2005, but stopped the moment i found out about idns. Living off google isn't a good idea - i don't like to be a pawn in their search game, and all pawns ultimately get chopped off.

Was it decent supplemental income? I've always been curious but have been to busy to explore different revenue sources.

touchring
20th May 2007, 09:49 PM
Was it decent supplemental income? I've always been curious but have been to busy to explore different revenue sources.

If you got lots of time, it was very good income in the early days. But unfortunately, i was bogged down by my work, so it was a mini-supplemental income. But nevertheless, beating the system itself was fun.

rhys
20th May 2007, 10:19 PM
Good riddance arbitragers! I keep having to block them on my english sites.

How would one precisely define a Made For Adsense site anyway?

alex
20th May 2007, 11:33 PM
How would one precisely define a Made For Adsense site anyway?
Made For AdSense (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scraper_site#Made_for_AdSense)

Olney
21st May 2007, 01:48 AM
From Reading on Webmaster World it was arbitrage, the traffic source was paid advertising & in bulk. These guys wrote they were making $20,000 to $70,000 per month.

burnsinternet
21st May 2007, 02:04 AM
They probably wouldn't have made money legitimately, so they stole what they could for as long as they could.

touchring
21st May 2007, 08:20 AM
They probably wouldn't have made money legitimately, so they stole what they could for as long as they could.

The income is actually legitimate - what they did was actually to buy adword and then sell adsense. Google actually allows arbitraging, at least until last week.

In fact, imo arbitraging, is more legtimate than cybersqating.....opps!

Drewbert
21st May 2007, 08:25 AM
>In fact, imo arbitraging, is more legtimate than cybersqating.....opps!

Careful there, Sparky!

Rubber Duck
21st May 2007, 10:32 AM
The income is actually legitimate - what they did was actually to buy adword and then sell adsense. Google actually allows arbitraging, at least until last week.

In fact, imo arbitraging, is more legtimate than cybersqating.....opps!

Yes, but cybersquatting is not a Google issue unless you are squatting a name they want, in which case it is not clear whether it is good or bad. Their record to date suggest they can pretty pragmatic.