PDA

View Full Version : Domainsite Stats.

sarcle
26th February 2006, 08:35 PM
This is a chart for the monthly domain registrations.

http://www.ipwalk.com/webhost/total_domains/webhost_name/domainsite.com

Anyone notice a huge upswing in registering there in the last few months? :)

Before idnforums. August 05 36,000 domains. Last month 47,345 domains.

Surprised no one from there has come to thank us. Kind of disappointing.

IDNCowboy
26th February 2006, 08:42 PM
This is a chart for the monthly domain registrations.

http://www.ipwalk.com/webhost/total_domains/webhost_name/domainsite.com

Anyone notice a huge upswing in registering there in the last few months? :)

Before idnforums. August 05 36,000 domains. Last month 47,345 domains.

Surprised no one from there has come to thank us. Kind of disappointing.
Wow they are very small.. The big players all have over 1 million ppl on their platforms.

Someone should email the CEO and have him come here and discuss his IDN views.

sarcle
26th February 2006, 08:44 PM
Wow they are very small.. The big players all have over 1 million ppl on their platforms.

Yeah, I did email them about 2 weeks ago as I'm sure others have also, but with the influx of registrations like that compared to what they normally have, I'm sure they were busying trying to man the stations.

Keep in mind those figures are only for .com and .net not the other exts.

IDNCowboy
27th February 2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I did email them about 2 weeks ago as I'm sure others have also, but with the influx of registrations like that compared to what they normally have, I'm sure they were busying trying to man the stations.

Keep in mind those figures are only for .com and .net not the other exts.
I emailed him about the thread and also about the comments on the forum on domainsite...

He just responded back with "Thanks for the update."

touchring
27th February 2006, 03:23 PM
Could it be that domainsite is one of his sidelines? How many people can 35,000 to 45,000 domains support in America?

Rubber Duck
27th February 2006, 03:35 PM

I did and that was before they incorporated the Punycode converter at my behest!

Could it be that domainsite is one of his sidelines? How many people can 35,000 to 45,000 domains support in America?

I think about 6.

The CEO is called Bill, then there is Scott, Rick, Randy, I think there was also a Steve.

Yes, but at the moment they are getting the Lions share of the biggest growth area. Network Solutions will look back and wonder who the plonker was that junked IDN! Because they don't have a stake they probably cannot even see how this is starting to pan out.

owen
1st March 2006, 03:59 PM
Hello. Bill, the CEO of domainsite, sent me a link to this thread so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Owen Borseth and I am the developer primarily responsible for IDN, among other things, at domainsite. We do think IDN is a very important part of our overall strategy moving into the future. When IDN first rolled out Bill wanted it integrated as seamlessly as possible on our site. We are small and we have to spread our development resources across all of our different products and offerings. However, we are starting to re-focus more of our efforts on IDN again. For instance, just recently we finished fully implementing stringprep as defined in RFC 3454 (before we were simply converting to punycode with no stringprep).

If anyone has any questions or would like to discuss IDN with me, please feel free to email me at owenb at name.com.

Thanks,
Owen

thefabfive
1st March 2006, 04:08 PM
Hello Owen and welcome to the boards. It's always great when professionals come on these boards to discuss their products with their customers. I think Domainsite is definitely in the lead regarding IDN registrations. Nothing but good experiences here.

There is one thing that would be very helpful... a way to manage our domain portfolios. Right now they are listed by expiration date. When the number of domains is over several hundred is becomes very tedious to look through them all to find what you're looking for. I think implementing folders or some other tagging function to sort our domains would be very helpful. This way we can separate our names by language or at least tag them with the language. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for coming to our forum!

owen
1st March 2006, 04:32 PM
I should also point out that the stats at the link posted in the initial post are for domain names hosted by domainsite.com name servers (ns1-ns4.domainsite.com). Domainsite the registrar has a little over 200,000 domain registrations. Still a fairly small registrar but not as small as what that page shows.

Here is a link to a fairly accurate depiction of our overall registration numbers:

http://www.webhosting.info/registrars/reports/total_domains/DOMAINSITE.COM

We rank about 15th in growth and about 40th in overall registrations.

- Owen

Rubber Duck
1st March 2006, 04:38 PM
I should also point out that the stats at the link posted in the initial post are for domain names hosted by domainsite.com name servers (ns1-ns4.domainsite.com). Domainsite the registrar has a little over 200,000 domain registrations. Still a fairly small registrar but not as small as what that page shows.

Here is a link to a fairly accurate depiction of our overall registration numbers:

http://www.webhosting.info/registrars/reports/total_domains/DOMAINSITE.COM

We rank about 15th in growth and about 40th in overall registrations.

- Owen

Well just about everytime I make a domain sale you get a a customer as I nearly always offer a push and it is generally accepted. I would think I have put nearly 100 Clients your way to date.

Looking at your Stats for the last month your current rate of growth equate to 200% annualised. I somehow doubt if 14 other registrars are matching that, although their gross figures may be bigger.
It is pretty clear to me that most of that growth is related to IDN sales and the sales of ASCII domains from people involved with IDN and specifically on this forum.

Drewbert
1st March 2006, 05:40 PM
>recently we finished fully implementing stringprep as defined in RFC 3454 (before
>we were simply converting to punycode with no stringprep

Ah. Is that why people could register dingbat IDN's through you?