PDA

View Full Version : Google Analytics isn't showing IE7 stats

Olney
22nd May 2007, 03:59 AM
I started to check my stats with another stat reports & noticed that 15% of one of my traffic IDN domains has Traffic from IE7 here in Japan & Google Analytics isn't showing anything.

I'm going to post this in the Analytics Group.

domainguru
22nd May 2007, 04:01 AM
I started to check my stats with another stat reports & noticed that 15% of one of my traffic IDN domains has Traffic from IE7 here in Japan & Google Analytics isn't showing anything.

I'm going to post this in the Analytics Group.

I mentioned this about 2 months ago. Also posted it to Analytic Group. Didn't get a reply. Hope you do better :)

mdw
22nd May 2007, 05:09 AM
mine is working fine - be sure you drill down all the way :)

http://click.pro/temp/analytics.jpg

as you can see, I clicked on visitors on left, then browser then in the result, all numbers are aggregated by browser mfg, so click on name of Internet Exporer and viola! it will show breakdown by major version

Olney
22nd May 2007, 05:16 AM
Nah I'm using the drill downs also, exact same site I just checked with server stats.
Not a single IE7 user listed.

mdw
22nd May 2007, 05:35 AM
can you compare and verify that they're getting lumped in with the IE6 numbers?

Olney
22nd May 2007, 05:44 AM
On yours it actually shows at least IE 7.0
I think on ours, (me & others)
We don't see IE7 stats at all. Nothing, like it didn't exist.

One of my domains for the last month

5,011 visits used 8 browsers
Internet Explorer 4,783(visits) 95.45%

Not one single IE7 stat....

Yeah I do assumed they are getting lumped together.

domainguru
22nd May 2007, 06:10 AM
its weird, for some people (mdw) it works 100%, for others (olney) 0%, for others (dg), maybe 1%. Definitely a bug, but of what type is a complete mystery.

mdw
22nd May 2007, 06:30 AM
yeah clearly their screwup - they're not correctly identifying some of the IE7 builds?

And now that I'm looking closely, I'm convinced it's underreporting the IE7 visits on mine too. I infer that from the very low traffic sites I have (yes I'm blessed with many of these)

There is one site with very low traffic that is under construction, and was loaded by me with IE7 yesterday. Yet the stats show no IE7, only IE6. I'm pretty sure the few hits were me, and should be reported as IE7.

domainguru
22nd May 2007, 07:03 AM
yeah clearly their screwup - they're not correctly identifying some of the IE7 builds?

And now that I'm looking closely, I'm convinced it's underreporting the IE7 visits on mine too. I infer that from the very low traffic sites I have (yes I'm blessed with many of these)

There is one site with very low traffic that is under construction, and was loaded by me with IE7 yesterday. Yet the stats show no IE7, only IE6. I'm pretty sure the few hits were me, and should be reported as IE7.

i've got a funny feeling its a punycode vs unicode issue. but its just a funny feeling, no data to back that up.

rhys
22nd May 2007, 09:19 AM
No problem with my ascii domains using google analytics but with Japanese IDN's (which is the extent of my experience using analytics) they do not report IE7. Same as Olney.

gammascalper
22nd May 2007, 03:20 PM
How weird is that... I've never seen one IE7 visit to any of my sites when using Analytics, but some other stats programs are showing 10-15% for Japanese sites.

domainguru
23rd May 2007, 01:29 AM
How weird is that... I've never seen one IE7 visit to any of my sites when using Analytics, but some other stats programs are showing 10-15% for Japanese sites.

Yep, you join Olney in the works 0% of the time group. This would be so great to figure out ....