PDA

View Full Version : NameRich.com

discovernow
22nd May 2007, 03:28 PM
Anybody having any luck at NameRich.com parking Chinese IDN?

Drewbert
22nd May 2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the reminder.

I stuck a bunch of domains there about a week ago, and they're STILL not approved.

Not looking good.

namerich
23rd May 2007, 07:48 AM
Dear DiscoverNow and Drewbert,

NameRich.com com accepts all Chinese IDN's after transfering them to Punycode. Also, we no longer require that names be screened before parking. Therefore, as soon as names are added to your NameRich account and DNS changed to our name servers, they will begin resolving within 24 hours and sometimes less.

In the past (prior to 5/16/2007) all names had to go through an approval process, after which customers were notified by e-mail to change their DNS.

Drewbert, if you haven't changed DNS for your domains, you can do so now and your names should start resolving shortly thereafter. If you run into any problems, please send an e-mail with your username to service@namerich.com.

We would like to assure everyone that NameRich.com is a 100% real company based in Beijing China (see chinaspringboard.com), is fully functional, and does pay out revenue for domains that quality traffic and clicks. We are focused on building our business into the leading China-focused domain name investment platform and are committed to providing the highest level of service to both international and domestic Chinese customers. We welcome any and all feedback from the domaining community so that we can continue to improve our services for you.

Best regards,

NameRich

discovernow
23rd May 2007, 02:53 PM
I put in my Chinese IDNs 1 week ago and it still says stats are "processing". Any word when stats will be up to date?

namerich
23rd May 2007, 04:53 PM
Dear Discovernow,

We update our stats every day. However, our system will only display stats for domains that have traffic so as to reduce database download time given the limited bandwidth between China and the International Internet. So instead of showing a bunch of 0's for domains that don't have any traffic, if a group's domains do not have any traffic, the system will show "processing." Actually, we have had many customers express confusion in this regard and we will most likely replace this with different wording such as "domains in this group do not have any traffic for this time period" In short, the "processing" you see unfortunately means that your domains have not received any traffic. If you like, we can double check by looking at our server logs. Please just send us your username via e-mail and paste in this post. Thanks for parking your domains with us.

NameRich

Drewbert
23rd May 2007, 05:43 PM
Namerich,

Some of the names I loaded into your system are ASCII names that get plenty of traffic and have done so for years.

I just checked on of them in DNS.

ns6.namerich.cn points them at 210.72.12.14

ns5.namerich.cn fails to provide an answer.

Even though ns6 appears to be working, I'm still showing zero traffic for all these names.

FIX YOUR SYSTEM.

namerich
23rd May 2007, 06:06 PM
Dear Drewbert,

Thank you for your note. I'm not sure why ns5 isn't responding on your end. I will have our engineers look into the issue first thing Thursday morning. Could you please send us an e-mail at service@namerich.com with your NameRich username and make a reference to your username here on IDNForums so that we can isolate the issue? If there is a problem with our system we will get it resolved as soon as possible. Thank you!

NameRich

Drewbert
25th May 2007, 06:34 AM
Well, I suspect the problem isn't only with my names, so how about you whip up a little script that runs through the entire database of names hosted at namerich, and tests them from a system not on namerich's internal network, for NS response etc?

My guess is that will uncover a couple of likely problems.

namerich
25th May 2007, 12:00 PM
Dear Drewbert,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've PM'd you in response to some of your questions specific to your account. Please take a look when you have a chance.

NameRich

goidn
20th July 2007, 04:24 PM
NameRich appears to be an affiliate of SEDO.
Is that correct?

Rubber Duck
20th July 2007, 05:24 PM
NameRich appears to be an affiliate of SEDO.
Is that correct?

That would explain a lot!

namerich
20th July 2007, 08:27 PM
Dear Goidn,

NameRich is a partner with Sedo. We monetize our international traffic through Sedo because they are recognized as one of the best International traffic monetization programs available. NameRich, however, is 100% focused on China traffic monetization. Therefore, users in China visiting a domain parked on NameRich will see a 100% Chinese parking page whereas users visiting from outside of China will see a Sedo parking page. You can see an example of NameRich's parking pages at the following url: www.blgmedia.com.

Best regards,

NameRich

goidn
24th July 2007, 05:38 PM
Well,
here's the numbers.

Portfolio (80 IDNs) was moved from SEDO to NameRich.

Prorated accounting shows that they pay 60% of the SEDO rates.

Numbers don't lie. NameRich does.

namerich
24th July 2007, 05:56 PM
Dear Goidn,

To repeat, Sedo is our partner for international traffic. NameRich's focus is on CHINESE traffic. Therefore, our most successful customers are those with domains who's majority of traffic is coming from China. In other words, we monetize well in areas where others do not. If someone has a domain with most of it's traffic coming from outside of China, then they are better off parking that domain with an international parking provider. What it comes down to is how much revenue you can earn with a particular domain. If you have the capability to geo-target your traffic yourself, you could send your international traffic to Sedo and receive 100% of the revenue for that traffic. Similarly, you could send only your Chinese traffic to NameRich and receive 100% of the revenue for that traffic.

I don't believe that we have lied or misled in any way. A clear understanding of how parking providers work typically clarifies any misunderstandings. We are all trying to do good things here.

Best regards,

NameRich

jacksonm
24th July 2007, 06:25 PM
Dear Goidn,

To repeat, Sedo is our partner for international traffic. NameRich's focus is on CHINESE traffic. Therefore, our most successful customers are those with domains who's majority of traffic is coming from China. In other words, we monetize well in areas where others do not. If someone has a domain with most of it's traffic coming from outside of China, then they are better off parking that domain with an international parking provider. What it comes down to is how much revenue you can earn with a particular domain. If you have the capability to geo-target your traffic yourself, you could send your international traffic to Sedo and receive 100% of the revenue for that traffic. Similarly, you could send only your Chinese traffic to NameRich and receive 100% of the revenue for that traffic.

I don't believe that we have lied or misled in any way. A clear understanding of how parking providers work typically clarifies any misunderstandings. We are all trying to do good things here.

Best regards,

NameRich

Are you saying that you pay more for chinese originated traffic than sedo does? And you are paying 60% of sedo's rate for non-chinese traffic?

Please clarify with numbers, and not a theoretical explanation.

touchring
25th July 2007, 03:08 AM
Well,
here's the numbers.

Portfolio (80 IDNs) was moved from SEDO to NameRich.

Prorated accounting shows that they pay 60% of the SEDO rates.

Numbers don't lie. NameRich does.

Is your traffic from outside china? If so, you should park at Sedo instead.

Are you saying that you pay more for chinese originated traffic than sedo does? And you are paying 60% of sedo's rate for non-chinese traffic?

Please clarify with numbers, and not a theoretical explanation.

You are asking the wrong question since Sedo name servers are blocked in china.

goidn
2nd August 2007, 01:13 PM
Does NameRich accept transfers of IDN.CN?

How much do you charge for that?

Do you accept PayPal or credit cards?

goidn
6th August 2007, 01:24 PM
Hello Hello - Anybody home?

Does NameRich accept transfers of IDN.CN?

How much do you charge for that?

Do you accept PayPal or credit cards?