PDA

View Full Version : IDNF will be changing server & upgrading in the next few days

Olney
28th May 2007, 12:59 AM
I and one of the programmers from my company will be upgrading the forum & moving to a new server.
I have the new server already & am configuring it. The prevent further lag time we optimize the new server before moving the site over.
Things might be rocky for the next week but IDNF will be the only site hosted on the new server.

Rubber Duck
28th May 2007, 01:39 AM
Good luck with the upgrades. It will be a challenge, but it was very necessary.

alex
28th May 2007, 04:57 AM
Yes, good luck, Olney! I just finished a big server move myself last week, so I know exactly what you're going through. Once you get through it, you'll know it was well worth the effort. I'm looking forward to the new, snappier IDNF!

khurtsiya
28th May 2007, 05:11 AM
Good luck with this, Olney ;-)

Olney
28th May 2007, 06:33 AM
Server move in less than 24 hours will start around

Tokyo time 6am (maybe later)

Check here for your local time

& Please adjust your sales & auctions accordingly

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=28&year=2007&hour=6&min=0&sec=0&p1=248

alpha
9th July 2007, 07:19 AM
whats the latest on this Olney?

was there ever a server change, its slower now and has more timeouts than ever before?

touchring
9th July 2007, 07:25 AM
It was faster at the beginning but now just as slow.

Wahts' the best dedicated server around at the cheapest price? i'm using ev1servers, but it's 3-4 years old and running on celeron P. Seems that the specs these day have improved many folds and at same price.

jacksonm
9th July 2007, 07:29 AM

was there ever a server change, its slower now and has more timeouts than ever before?

The database is in bad shape. Moving servers won't help it. The database needs to be fixed and tuned, or this site will not continue to live.

Rhys added rep to me, it didn't show up.

I replied to Rhys, and the reply is visible, but the front page still shows Rhys as being the last poster in the thread and it didn't move to the top of the list.

alpha
20th July 2007, 01:09 PM

bump - Olney are you reading these threads?

jacksonm
20th July 2007, 01:38 PM
bump - Olney are you reading these threads?

Check this out:

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1094 (goes to 2 pages)

I have 22 positive iTrader ratings, yet my feedback score is at 19.

Feedback Score:
Positive Feedback: 19
Members who left positive: 100%
Members who left negative: 0
Total positive feedback: 22

Also, rep power is at 1, although more than 1 person has added rep.

alpha
20th July 2007, 01:42 PM
Check this out:

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1094 (goes to 2 pages)

I have 22 positive iTrader ratings, yet my feedback score is at 19.

Feedback Score:
Positive Feedback: 19
Members who left positive: 100%
Members who left negative: 0
Total positive feedback: 22

thats fine, thats how its supposed to work

I have a trader rating of 53, but only 29 show. It's because it only totals unique feedback, to help prevent abuse

Olney
20th July 2007, 01:50 PM
Yes I'm reading these...
I also didn't know it was just unique feedbacks...

alpha
20th July 2007, 01:52 PM
Yes I'm reading these...
I also didn't know it was just unique feedbacks...

great!

would you care to shed any light on the thread topic please

jacksonm
20th July 2007, 02:03 PM
thats fine, thats how its supposed to work

I have a trader rating of 53, but only 29 show. It's because it only totals unique feedback, to help prevent abuse

You mean if I do 10 separate deals with you over time, my rating is only supposed to increase by 1?

alpha
20th July 2007, 02:06 PM
You mean if I do 10 separate deals with you over time, my rating is only supposed to increase by 1?

yes. Although there may be some fuzzy logic in there, where a trader rating might get counted more than once if it is left after a certain period of time since the last one from the same buyer/seller - i'm not sure to be honest.

Rubber Duck
20th July 2007, 02:22 PM
Fuzzy logic? You don't say!