PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice JP up at Namedrive?

rhys
7th June 2007, 05:30 AM
OK - my namedrive traffic on Japanese domains is suddenly off the hook. For example, I have made as much on Namedrive already this month as I made all of last month. Yes, in 6 days I have had as much traffic and clicks as I received for the entirety of the month before. I have investigated what is going on and it seems that suddenly en masse a bunch of my Japanese domains got indexed on the first and second page of Google Japan. Unfortunately this is not type-in traffic and I do expect that google will depress these rankings eventually but for the moment I am rather enjoying it.

Can anyone else confirm the same phenomenon? The same cause? Anyone else finding other traffic like actual type-in traffic?

burnsinternet
7th June 2007, 06:08 AM
My traffic is better, but nothing like you are reporting. Ride that wave, Rhys!

Wot
7th June 2007, 06:41 AM
Nope, but then most of mine are crap so no surprise. :)

Olney
7th June 2007, 06:44 AM
Most of mine aren't parked so I saw nothing.

Drewbert
7th June 2007, 06:55 AM
No increase here :(

Google has had something against me for a number of years though.

Keyword: Florida.

yanni
7th June 2007, 07:38 AM
I saw a considerable increase in my Japanese traffic last month compared to April, and the trend continues upwards this month: So far I'm at half of last month's total traffic.

Same thing has been happening to my Greeks as well.

touchring
7th June 2007, 08:31 AM
No increase here :(

Google has had something against me for a number of years though.

Keyword: Florida.

r u using iqmc in whois? they look at whois.

Rubber Duck
7th June 2007, 08:49 AM
Japanese Rolls. Russian Rocks!

alpha
7th June 2007, 10:43 AM
Yes, I too am seeing these sorts of increases on Japan parked names.

woohoo

Olney
7th June 2007, 10:49 AM
I've also seen Japanese going through whois daily looking at domains too guys...
For the premium ones you guys have that's developed you might see the referral from whois databases...

Drewbert
7th June 2007, 06:02 PM
r u using iqmc in whois? they look at whois.

Not for my namedrive stuff.

thefabfive
7th June 2007, 07:27 PM
Japanese has hit new highs for clicks the last two month and this month is on pace for another. It's nice to see but there's still a long way to go.

Russian has also hit new highs each of the last 5 months.

rhys
7th June 2007, 09:02 PM
Japanese has hit new highs for clicks the last two month and this month is on pace for another. It's nice to see but there's still a long way to go.

Russian has also hit new highs each of the last 5 months.

Hey Fab, check out some of your leading domains on namedrive and see where they are ranking on Google or Yahoo. Is your traffic coming from google like mine is?

thefabfive
7th June 2007, 10:01 PM
Couldn't find any of my leading domains in the first 100 listings of Google.co.jp or Yahoo.co.jp. These names have been fairly consistent performers so it's not completely out of character.

I do know that some of my Arabic and Farsi domains got indexed some time back and saw a huge spike in traffic. Fairly obvious signature in that case.

Alternatively, some Russian traffic domains I converted to websites have shown mostly type-ins (nearly all from Opera browsers) from the logs.

Lot of different phenomena going on depending on the language...