PDA

View Full Version : Païen.com

burnsinternet
13th June 2007, 11:29 PM
Païen is French for Pagan. Niche, but seems brandable or able to be sold to an end-user. http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pa%C3%AFen

Low Overture, etc. but it pulls up a LOT of parking ads in almost any language. I fresh regged it because it sounded brandable. Also could be used for travel/tourism.

Also, HEIDA (PAÏEN): White wine grape found in the Valais district of Switzerland. Of ancient origin it is thought to be identical to the Savagnin grape of French Savoie. http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heida

Any comments?

nicb5
14th June 2007, 03:38 AM
I think as long as you realize it's pretty much a end user name unless you dev, it is indeed a good name. Like I kinda said in jacksonm's post about fée verte, i'm happy that people are starting to realize that stats are not everything, and that a very brandable name will probably sell as much or even better than a generic once the end users start to notice about IDNs. For example, I speak french and register names that many people here would consider stinkers. But I'm not dumb, I know these names will sell pretty good to end users even though stats are not necessarily supporting it. What I'm trying to say is that you can afford to be a little creative once in a while and think outside the box. I know it's all speculation but I believe that in french there is almost a market for anything, since it's so similar to ASCII. You can't really go wrong, provided you are willing to wait the time it will take.

Now back to the name, there is a little inconvenient if I may call it that way, and that is the character " ï ". It's pretty rare and not a lot of francophones know how to type it in. I for myself have to type "SHIFT+^" then "i". Just a little detail to consider!

Nick

burnsinternet
14th June 2007, 03:48 AM
I agree about the ï difficulty and type-in problems. Overall, it is very very difficult to find top Latin keywords dot com, so I sometimes reg something fun. This was an impulse buy.

I have a lot of Christian IDNs in different languages, and I realize that all the parking ads for this name are Christian. However, I believe that a market exists for this name and some people would absolutely love it. It is not a million dollar name, but will sell for better than reg fee some day. I would think that a forum could be sustained with this name. What do you think?

nicb5
14th June 2007, 04:01 AM
It is not a million dollar name, but will sell for better than reg fee some day

That's the key to the whole IDN thing for me. As long as I can make a dollar profit on it, it was then worth it. People try to hard to get the million dollar names and often times forget that you almost always will make a 200% +++ ROI in a year or two regardless (some exceptions...) of the name . Find a financial institution that will give you that! Anyway that's my opinion of course, I'm not generalising what people here think or do.

And yeah I think it would fit nicely to a forum, IMO even more to a blog.

Cheers,
Nick