PDA

View Full Version : Members should participate in forums in order to be allowed access to apprasial forum

IDNCowboy
27th February 2006, 03:40 PM
maybe like 15-20 posts but we have newbies with 0 posts just coming for appraisals without contributing to the board..

bramiozo
27th February 2006, 03:59 PM
Agreed, I would even up that number to 30 posts.

thegenius1
27th February 2006, 04:02 PM
Good point, or maybe they should be limited to a certaing amount, like 1 per 24 hours or something along those lines

Olney
27th February 2006, 11:37 PM
Unfortunately that's not easy to do.
In the beginning I only posted appraisals on DNF.
Since this market is brand new people will have questions on whether or not there maybe value on their finds.
If I limit the appraisals people will just post the same things in the regional forums.

I feel at least they are posting.

IDNCowboy
28th February 2006, 12:03 AM
Unfortunately that's not easy to do.
In the beginning I only posted appraisals on DNF.
Since this market is brand new people will have questions on whether or not there maybe value on their finds.
If I limit the appraisals people will just post the same things in the regional forums.

I feel at least they are posting.
They aren't contributing anything to the forum. Alot of them don't come back.

Olney
28th February 2006, 03:41 AM
Ok you guys have to think about things like this.
No every member or observer on here is even fluent in English.

We're getting more traffic from international versions of Google & Yahoo than the dot coms.

I'm not about to start locking people out of discussions. You may think that they are not coming back but some may buy be buying domains from other members, some may rethink their strategy after getting appraisal.

30 post in other forums is a lot, no other domain forum does this.
It would be the same as locking the forum to guest, it'll kill your forum...

These members should be encouraged to participate more I agree also I need to create the category discriptions in other languages that was suggested already...

bwhhisc
28th February 2006, 03:47 AM
How about 2 appraisal threads per person per day. You can load up each thread as you wish.

thegenius1
28th February 2006, 04:13 AM
How about 2 appraisal threads per person per day. You can load up each thread as you wish.

From a business Standpoint i agree with Onley.... things are fine the way they are, just a few people go overboard sometimes.... So we just have to let them know politly.... If we can get the Chat up and running that would allow us to do more talking and interaction