PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday the Russian World "fell apart" and today the car manufacturers "dropped"

IDNCowboy
28th February 2006, 07:09 PM
Any goodies?

Rubber Duck
28th February 2006, 07:15 PM
Any goodies?

Mainly just a bunch of lousy dot nets. Thought I had a good new system, but it crashed and burned:

xn--80adq.net ваз the vases
xn--l1adadp.net оптом wholesale
xn--90agc8a.com обед the dinner
xn--90agc8a.net обед the dinner
xn--80add5ao.net волга the Volga
xn--b1amehks9b.net москвич the Muscovite
xn--i8sp31blrgjk2a.net 汽车电子 Autoelectrics

touchring
28th February 2006, 07:16 PM
Got фитнес.com Fitness today. It seems like to be the same guy that dropped those domains.

Rubber Duck
28th February 2006, 07:20 PM
Got фитнес.com Fitness today. It seems like to be the same guy that dropped those domains.

That was on my list, but the better man won again, but I'll be back when I have invented a better mouse trap!

IDNCowboy
28th February 2006, 07:22 PM
Mainly just a bunch of lousy dot nets. Thought I had a good new system, but it crashed and burned:

xn--80adq.net ваз the vases
xn--l1adadp.net оптом wholesale
xn--90agc8a.com обед the dinner
xn--90agc8a.net обед the dinner
xn--80add5ao.net волга the Volga
xn--b1amehks9b.net москвич the Muscovite
xn--i8sp31blrgjk2a.net 汽车电子 Autoelectrics
why aren't they nice names?

That was on my list, but the better man won again, but I'll be back when I have invented a better mouse trap!
I took the day off from reggin today :P

too many goodies

I also got tired of looking thru all the countries and manufacturers

Drewbert
28th February 2006, 07:24 PM
I did pretty well yesterday. Got a lot of country names and firstnames in Russian.

Today, not as good - picked up the dreggs I think. The good ones went elsewhere...

кухня.com kitchen
фитнес.com fitness
клуб.com club

I'd actually loaded all the car marques into my system, but later thought "do I need this grief?" so removed them.

IDNCowboy
28th February 2006, 07:25 PM
well i'm sure there are plenty left... approx 1/3 of the list were country names and also russian names :P

Drewbert
28th February 2006, 07:28 PM
>why aren't they nice names?

Because I got the .com versions? :^)

Congrats on fitness.com that should do very well on PPC once IE7 comes out.

Rubber Duck
why aren't they nice names?

Yes, but we were dreaming big today!

thefabfive
Yesterday, I got:

Egypt.com
Egypt.net

and some other ones that slip my mind.

Today I got:

stomatology.com (or mouth-ology)
autoservice.com
club.net

all in Russian of course. Don't have my list in front of me so can't list the unicode. Wild, wild ride.

touchring
28th February 2006, 07:41 PM
I did pretty well yesterday. Got a lot of country names and firstnames in Russian.

Today, not as good - picked up the dreggs I think. The good ones went elsewhere...

кухня.com kitchen
фитнес.com fitness
клуб.com club

I'd actually loaded all the car marques into my system, but later thought "do I need this grief?" so removed them.

Ooo... , so кухня.com is a dot com and not a .net!! That's the problem with outsourcing the sorting. :-( No wonder i got fitness.com, there was a better name to pull away the competition ....

thefabfive
28th February 2006, 07:44 PM
Ooo... , so кухня.com is a dot com and not a .net!! That's the problem with outsourcing the sorting. :-( No wonder i got fitness.com, there was a better name ...

I believe кухня.net also dropped today.

touchring
28th February 2006, 07:49 PM
I believe кухня.net also dropped today.

Yes, my guy didn't search through the list thoroughly and listed only the .net.

DavyBUK
28th February 2006, 08:00 PM
I think only club.net dropped today which is клуб so well done to thefabfive I think who got it !

кухня is the kitchen/cuisine word I believe and both com and net went down tonight.

David

Drewbert
28th February 2006, 08:29 PM
Yes, sorry, it was the .net of club. Congrats!