PDA

View Full Version : RE: Namedrive PPC

Steve Clarke
8th July 2007, 11:17 PM
While I appreciate the fact that Namedrive has been at the forefront of monetizing IDNS...I am certainly not impressed with the average PPC, that my optimised domains earn.
Yesterday was particularly dreadful.

21 IDN clicks

1 Greek Click At 0.23 - Very Good

1 Russian Click At .07
1 Russian Click At .06
1 Russian Click At .03
9 Russian Clicks At .02
1 Russian Click At .01
3 Russian clicks At .00

1 Polish Click At .04

1 Hebrew Click At .02

1 Thai Click At .02

1 Czech Click At .00

Looking forward to some much needed competition!

touchring
9th July 2007, 03:09 AM
That's about it, ND, a few cents per click. I know pple are quietly getting more per click for names like Arabic on Sedo, but i've not tried myself.

IDNer
9th July 2007, 03:48 AM
I've got many [ .00 ] clicks on ND...
They said it's mean that the revenue was less than 0.009 per click

touchring
9th July 2007, 04:57 AM
I've got many [ .00 ] clicks on ND...
They said it's mean that the revenue was less than 0.009 per click

For what language? Some might just be bot clicks.

Rubber Duck
9th July 2007, 05:50 AM
I don't think the problem lies with Namedrive. The problem is that Google don't have many adverts booked in some languges. There is insufficient competition to force advertisers to bid the clicks up. This will take time. It may be that some high clicks particularly in Arabic are picking up on English Advertising.

While I appreciate the fact that Namedrive has been at the forefront of monetizing IDNS...I am certainly not impressed with the average PPC, that my optimised domains earn.
Yesterday was particularly dreadful.

21 IDN clicks

1 Greek Click At 0.23 - Very Good

1 Russian Click At .07
1 Russian Click At .06
1 Russian Click At .03
9 Russian Clicks At .02
1 Russian Click At .01
3 Russian clicks At .00

1 Polish Click At .04

1 Hebrew Click At .02

1 Thai Click At .02

1 Czech Click At .00

Looking forward to some much needed competition!

touchring
9th July 2007, 06:41 AM
I don't think the problem lies with Namedrive. The problem is that Google don't have many adverts booked in some languges. There is insufficient competition to force advertisers to bid the clicks up. This will take time. It may be that some high clicks particularly in Arabic are picking up on English Advertising.

Yes, this is what we are experiencing right now (lack of competition), but last year, when there were few to almost no local ads, PPC was in fact much higher since ND served American ads in lieu. The presense of just a few local ads will cause PPC to drop drastically when users click on native ads instead of american.

IDNer
9th July 2007, 06:44 AM
For what language? Some might just be bot clicks.

Mostly Chinese, and few in Dingbats

touchring
9th July 2007, 07:10 AM
Mostly Chinese, and few in Dingbats

I think i remembered seeing chinese showing up with 1 click but no earnings before i swopped the url channels for japanese and latins - they show up only if you do a search all. That was before the 1st july traffic hike.

I'm still tracking a few chinese, and they average about 2 cents. So I wonder if it would be better to park at SC?

Have you made a comparison? How about showly, i remembered he got quite a few minisites?

markits
9th July 2007, 07:13 AM
adsense is better

touchring
9th July 2007, 07:33 AM
adsense is better

pre-1st july, yes, but after july 1st? traffic pre-july is so little, parking is useless.

Rubber Duck
9th July 2007, 08:27 AM
pre-1st july, yes, but after july 1st? traffic pre-july is so little, parking is useless.

Funny, my parking figures at ND just get better and better!

clipper
9th July 2007, 08:44 AM
I don't think the problem lies with Namedrive. The problem is that Google don't have many adverts booked in some languges...

Shh...

No, really, SHH!

yanni
9th July 2007, 09:37 AM
Regarding sedo, they pay higher rates if the click originates from a "western" country for the same KW.
They may also be checking the computer's primary language nd pay accordingly.

http://bust3d.com/sedoepc.JPG

touchring
9th July 2007, 09:44 AM

The views have been improving over the past 1 year.

bwhhisc
9th July 2007, 11:20 AM

Same here. Every month is inches up a little, my best traffic is on Russian idns, although Japanese and Thai have been increasing. Chinese have started to get small, but steady traffic as well. Japanese definately pays the best, about .15 per click average.

goidn
9th July 2007, 06:38 PM
4 months ago ND was paying $.50, $1 or $2 per click.
Today it's down to $0.02 to $0.25.

Same domains.

IDNCowboy
9th July 2007, 06:48 PM
4 months ago ND was paying $.50, $1 or $2 per click.
Today it's down to $0.02 to $0.25.

Same domains.
same

touchring
9th July 2007, 06:54 PM
same

I did a comparison with adsense, adsense has not changed much over the past 6 months. Anyone with SEdo stats to compare with? Just wanna know if it's a adsense for domains problem or just nd problem. :)

mdw
10th July 2007, 02:55 AM
Problem definitely lies with the advertisers, or lack thereof. Japanese clicks are wonderful, and clickthru rates and prices per click are great when you just use adsense.

But I'm noticing on Thai language sites, if I run adsense, people in Bangkok report seeing them run out of Thai language ads. After a few pageviews they turn into ads that don't seem to be closely related to the content, then after a while turn into English language ads.

I think it's the exact same thing RD notes for Arabic - there just are not enough advertisers paying up for good keywords yet in some languages.

jacksonm
10th July 2007, 08:46 AM
Problem definitely lies with the advertisers, or lack thereof. Japanese clicks are wonderful, and clickthru rates and prices per click are great when you just use adsense.

I moved one site off ND and onto adsense a few days ago and now it makes as much or more in a day as it made in a month at ND. I will be moving about 25 more sites off this week.

touchring
10th July 2007, 09:31 AM
I moved one site off ND and onto adsense a few days ago and now it makes as much or more in a day as it made in a month at ND. I will be moving about 25 more sites off this week.

Wow, did it got more views and clicks on Adsense, or you got more more PPC? Was the increase instantaneous or did you have to wait for a few days?

I'm getting only twice earnings, so i must be doing something wrong. ;)

jacksonm
10th July 2007, 09:47 AM
Wow, did it got more views and clicks on Adsense, or you got more more PPC? Was the increase instantaneous or did you have to wait for a few days?

Instantaneous.

Without doing anything except moving from ND to a minisite, uniques and PPC payout increased substantially.

The site has not been reindexed yet by google or yahoo, either - I have monitored the logfiles. Although it is getting queries from baidu's japanese spider for the namedrive serve.php script, this is irrelevant. It ranks very very poorly in both google and yahoo.co.jp at the moment. 100% of the traffic is type-in, excluding baidu spider and adsense/analytics spider.

touchring
10th July 2007, 10:22 AM
Instantaneous.

Without doing anything except moving from ND to a minisite, uniques and PPC payout increased substantially.

The site has not been reindexed yet by google or yahoo, either - I have monitored the logfiles. Although it is getting queries from baidu's japanese spider for the namedrive serve.php script, this is irrelevant. It ranks very very poorly in both google and yahoo.co.jp at the moment. 100% of the traffic is type-in, excluding baidu spider and adsense/analytics spider.

Well, congratulations, you have just stopped being a sucker to ND for this particular name. :p

domainguru
10th July 2007, 10:37 AM
Instantaneous.

Why woud uniques "increase substantially" just from moving from ND to minisite?

jacksonm
10th July 2007, 11:01 AM
Why woud uniques "increase substantially" just from moving from ND to minisite?

Makes you wonder, don't it? I have suspected as much myself for a while.

domainguru
10th July 2007, 11:06 AM
Makes you wonder, don't it? I have suspected as much myself for a while.

There isn't just one way to measure "uniques". No two stats shops measure them the same, even though you imagine they would. But in the end, it is the income that matters, and if that has increased, all good.