PDA

View Full Version : from Ename.com to Domainsite.com

dusty
9th July 2007, 01:51 AM
Has anyone transferred from Ename.com to Domainsite.com?

Is it generally a problem to transfer IDN.cn from a China based registrar to a US based one?

I am involved in a few transactions where the China based individuals say they have trouble in transferring to Domainsite. If I go ahead and accept the name in an account at Ename, will I be able to transfer it myself later? Is Ename.com legit?

thefabfive
9th July 2007, 02:18 AM
Ename.com is one of the biggest Chinese registrars so your name should be fine there. They do have an English interface, but I don't know if it has all the functionality of the Chinese version.

It is very difficult navigating the Chinese interface of Ename without help. They have many security features that are hard for the non-Chinese speaker to deal with. Try creating an account at the English version and see if the sellers can transfer the name there.

As far as I know, transferring between a China-based registrar and a US-based registrar is not possible at the moment.

My advice would be to have the seller renew the name until 2009 so you have time to resolve any potential issues with transferring. And use the English version of Ename. That's probably your best bet.

touchring
9th July 2007, 02:54 AM
Last i heard it is not possible to transfer as the .cn rates chinese registrars get is much lower than what enom or domainsite gets. If you bought a .cn, ask the seller to push the name to domainsite.com.

Ename.com is one of the biggest Chinese registrars so your name should be fine there. They do have an English interface, but I don't know if it has all the functionality of the Chinese version.

I got my .cn and .gongsi at ename, tried logging in using english, can't see my name, i can only assume that the english version only supports english domains. Anyone done better?

Neptune
9th July 2007, 07:25 AM
try dynadot i think they accept .cn transfers from china registrars... working on same situation right now actually

touchring
9th July 2007, 09:16 AM
try dynadot i think they accept .cn transfers from china registrars... working on same situation right now actually

Thks for letting us know. Which chinese registrar are you transferring from? Have you successfully transferred any name this way?

dusty
10th July 2007, 05:20 AM
There is whois record for IDN.cn at CNNIC.cn for IDN.cn I have registered with China based companies. However, there is no whois record for those IDN.cn registered at Domainsite and other US based registrars. Any idea why this is?

Those registered with China based registrars show up in the CNNIC.cn whois database with all four versions (IDNsimp.cn, IDNtrad.cn, IDNsimp.zhongguo, IDNtrad.zhongguo)

Any idea why the whois isn't shared? Could this be why transfers are not possible?

Now that I think about it, all the .cn I registered with http://i-dns.biz/ (the one CNNIC.cn pushed for a while) are registered in their name rather than mine. I was told that is the only way for a non Chinese to do it. That whois looks like this:

Domain Name 厉害.中国
厲害.中国
厉害.cn
厲害.cn
Domain Status ok
Registrant Name 陈润凡
Registar 北京中科三方网络技术有限公司
Administrative Email support-cn@i-DNS.net
Name Server ns1.i-dns.biz
Name Server2 ns2.i-dns.biz
Creation Date 2006-02-18 15:43
Expiration Date 2008-02-18 15:43

Is the IDN.cn somehow split between native Chinese and other?

Neptune
10th July 2007, 08:17 AM
still working on it myself, but as i understand supposedly this is the process:

step for transfer from chinese registrar:
1. Dynadot submits the authcode to neustar(www.neustar.com.cn), (CNNIC overseas Agent).
2. then neustar submit it to CNNIC.
3. then CNNIC will transfer in 1 work day when they receive the requisition.

and here is the link of neustar:
http://www.neustar.com.cn/aboutcn/index.html

we shall see what happens

touchring
10th July 2007, 10:11 AM
I was told that is the only way for a non Chinese to do it.

This must be some archaic regulation from CNNIC. We don't have this problem with Domainsite.

http://www.neustar.com.cn/faqs/index.html#operations_transfers_registrar

Interesting, i don't remember seeing this while checking out their faq last time. :)

blastfromthepast
10th July 2007, 10:20 AM
Now that I think about it, all the .cn I registered with http://i-dns.biz/ (the one CNNIC.cn pushed for a while) are registered in their name rather than mine.

That really means that they aren't yours, but are owned by them. Legally. Come to think of it, some sneak hosting companies do this for their customers too.

dusty
10th July 2007, 06:14 PM
That really means that they aren't yours, but are owned by them. Legally. Come to think of it, some sneak hosting companies do this for their customers too.

Any non China natives have IDN.cn registered at China based registrars with their own whois info? If there is no problem with that I might just opt for doing this rather than attempting the transfer to US company like DS. DS does not seem ready to do the manual transfer required.

touchring
10th July 2007, 06:42 PM
Any non China natives have IDN.cn registered at China based registrars with their own whois info? If there is no problem with that I might just opt for doing this rather than attempting the transfer to US company like DS. DS does not seem ready to do the manual transfer required.

You can sign up for an account at ename.cn and register .cn in your company name (doesn't have to be chinese company). There's no rule that restricts ownership, but i heard from chinese forums that domains are best registered to companies, or they can be confiscated of some sort, rumours or real, i dont' know.

dusty
19th July 2007, 01:38 AM
In the end:
We successfully transferred from a China based registrar to Dynadot.com

It did not take that long, but did involve paper application on the China end. Whois is still in CNNIC unlike other IDN.cn originally registered with US based registrar.

From CNNIC.cn:
Domain Name
天氣.中国
天气.cn
天氣.cn
天气.中国
Domain Status clientTransferProhibited
Registrant Name Dustin Hill
Registar InamePro dba Dynadot
Administrative Email dustyhill@gmail.com
Name Server ns1.cnolnic.com
Name Server2 ns2.cnolnic.com
Creation Date 2006-11-15 20:00
Expiration Date 2008-11-15 20:00

Ename.com would not allow us to put IDN.cn into an account there.

blastfromthepast
19th July 2007, 02:16 AM
In the end:
We successfulling transferred from a China based registrar to Dynadot.com

This is good news. Thanks for sharing!

Great domain you got! Well worth it. Any kind of weather information has nothing to do with politics, always needs to be updated, offends noone and pleases everyone, because we all depend on it. A great business to be in.