18th July 2007, 09:25 AM
Ernährung.de xn--ernhrung-2za.de ("nutrition" in German) €24,660 = $33,992

Aşk.com xn--ak-fta.com (Turkish for "love/passion") $14,101

아마존.com xn--hz2b13s8pc.com ("Amazon" in Korean) $2,000

笔记本.cn xn--8pvz65bq8l.cn ("Notebook" in Chinese)$2,575

Nice :)

JColson
18th July 2007, 09:31 AM
Great selection too! Difficult to ignore these sales.

Rubber Duck
18th July 2007, 12:06 PM
Shh! You'll wake Alpha.

touchring
18th July 2007, 12:06 PM
Aşk.com xn--ak-fta.com (Turkish for "love/passion") $14,101

wow! i can't believe this. idn got lucky with his turkey!

아마존.com xn--hz2b13s8pc.com ("Amazon" in Korean) $2,000

Registration Service Provided By: 1-877NAMEBID.COM LLC

Domain Name: XN--HZ2B13S8PC.COM

Registrant:
Amazon.com, Inc.
Amazon Hostmaster (hostmaster@amazon.com)
Legal Dept, PO Box 81226
Seattle
WA,98108-1226
US
Tel. +001.2062664064

Creation Date: 13-Jul-2007
Expiration Date: 13-Jul-2008

Domain servers in listed order:
ns-2.amazon.com
ns-1.amazon.com

Administrative Contact:
Amazon.com, Inc.
Legal Dept, PO Box 81226
Seattle
WA,98108-1226
US
Tel. +001.2062664064

Technical Contact:
Amazon.com, Inc.
Legal Dept, PO Box 81226
Seattle
WA,98108-1226
US
Tel. +001.2062664064

Billing Contact:
Amazon.com, Inc.
Legal Dept, PO Box 81226
Seattle
WA,98108-1226
US
Tel. +001.2062664064

idn
18th July 2007, 12:27 PM
wow! i can't believe this. idn got lucky with his turkey!

I can believe it! I was the second highest bidder :( Amazing stats and a great target for development. The winner has the second best Turkish portfolio out there.

g
18th July 2007, 12:36 PM
امازون.com
xn--mgba7a0ehl.com Taken - whois website

can you believe this

amazon.com in arabic !

taken since 2004 !

I have a feeling now that over 1 million arabic IDNs are registered by today.

and I will believe anything further on

Fka200
18th July 2007, 01:26 PM
امازون.com

can you believe this

amazon.com in arabic !

taken since 2004 !

امازون.com isn't 100% correct--and here's where it gets more interesting.

check the who-is on the 100% correct version: أمازون.com... :) looks like amazon.com isn't sleeping!

jacksonm
18th July 2007, 01:41 PM
امازون.com

can you believe this

amazon.com in arabic !

taken since 2004 !

I have a feeling now that over 1 million arabic IDNs are registered by today.

and I will believe anything further on

You can still find a real pearl out there every now and then ;-)

Drewbert
18th July 2007, 04:54 PM
I can believe it! I was the second highest bidder :( Amazing stats and a great target for development. The winner has the second best Turkish portfolio out there.

Yeah. I'd love to see the traffic levels on that puppy.

And the click prices :)

g
19th July 2007, 12:25 AM
امازون.com isn't 100% correct--and here's where it gets more interesting.

check the who-is on the 100% correct version: أمازون.com... :) looks like amazon.com isn't sleeping!

I will not comment on what is correct and what is not correct lest I reveal secrets of the trade :)

but listen to the Wise Gee (hehe) saying......

"domains cann't be classified as ASCII and IDNs, nor correct and typo, english nor nonenglish but domains should be classified as domains to sell and domains to drop"

don't understand that I am against the hyphenated version.... I only give them different value .

g
19th July 2007, 12:26 AM
You can still find a real pearl out there every now and then ;-)

of course , mostly because those million domains are registered by non arabic speakers :)

idnowner
19th July 2007, 01:13 AM
I wanna see Japanese IDN sales on the boards!

Rubber Duck
19th July 2007, 07:53 AM
Well I will reveal a one.

If it gives you bags of Google Search results between Quote Marks then it is good for Type-in.

If it gives you bags of Google Search results without Quote Marks it is good for Search.

This is pretty much universally applicable, Arabic or not, grammatically correct or otherwise.

I will not comment on what is correct and what is not correct lest I reveal secrets of the trade :)

but listen to the Wise Gee (hehe) saying......

"domains cann't be classified as ASCII and IDNs, nor correct and typo, english nor nonenglish but domains should be classified as domains to sell and domains to drop"

don't understand that I am against the hyphenated version.... I only give them different value .

jacksonm
19th July 2007, 09:33 AM
of course , mostly because those million domains are registered by non arabic speakers :)

I hate trying to learn or guess what might be correct in agglutinative languages. Compounding the problem is that multiple languages share the same script, and there are definitely large chances for collision.

Collision example:

Finnish
-----------
term: automme
meaning: "our car"
grammar: from the noun "auto" with possessive "mme"
google: 51.7k google results, but most of them are french.

What the hell does "automme" mean in french, anyway? It's not found in the babelfish translator.

I have found countless examples of similar collisions in many terms I have researched, even outside of latin scripts. This can even be used as a means of deception during auctions, sales, etc. and probably is by certain types of people.

g
19th July 2007, 10:12 AM
Well I will reveal a one.

If it gives you bags of Google Search results between Quote Marks then it is good for Type-in.

If it gives you bags of Google Search results without Quote Marks it is good for Search.

This is pretty much universally applicable, Arabic or not, grammatically correct or otherwise.

between quotes or without quotes ,doesn't make any difference in google search

as long as it is one word.... whether it is hyphenated or not

I know results are different if you added quotes for almost any word

but that's may be because arabic google is still naive and stupid

typein domains are solid .... it is obvious that the nonhyphenated will receive more typeins when it happens

now search engines are expermenting how they will treat the different versions of one word .... google is still working

but I know what will happen at the end :)
exactly like I figured out in the past that nonhyphenated versions will dominate where now some people still debate.

please Rubber Duck keep my mouth shut up

I am slow at registering names ...haha

bwhhisc
19th July 2007, 10:24 AM
exactly like I figured out in the past that nonhyphenated versions will dominate where now some people still debate.

gee- what is the solution to words that don't stick together and cut off a letter.
Seems that putting a hypen in is the only solution versus cutting off part of the letters.

g
19th July 2007, 11:03 AM
gee- what is the solution to words that don't stick together and cut off a letter.
Seems that putting a hypen in is the only solution versus cutting off part of the letters.

it is not cutting off .... the shape of letters changes and it will look confusing

no the hyphen will not be the only solution of course :) !!! surprise !!!

I am still trying to figure that out

if you are an expert technical guy ... you may be able to help :)

Rubber Duck also may help as he is in contact with domainsite guys

ummmm...... no more secrets today ....hehe

Rubber Duck
19th July 2007, 11:05 AM

I think everyone is waiting for ICANN to conjure up a solution.

What is probably required is an ARABIC SPACE character, but obviously there is no provision for this at the moment.

g
19th July 2007, 11:13 AM
I think everyone is waiting for ICANN to conjure up a solution.

What is probably required is an ARABIC SPACE character, but obviously there is no provision for this at the moment.

yes exactly ...we need an arabic space like the arabic hyphen

and you wake in the morning to find that over 100k arabic IDNs two words combo are suddenly registered :)

touchring
19th July 2007, 11:26 AM
yes exactly ...we need an arabic space like the arabic hyphen

and you wake in the morning to find that over 100k arabic IDNs two words combo are suddenly registered :)

have ppl been registering arabic w/ hyphens? I was into registering arabic compound words that don't stick together back in dec 2005. like that sexphoto.com?

i was seldom a pioneer being late in the domain market, but i guess i'm the pioneer in this since i caught the biggest of such names. ironically, i don't know anything about arabic!

some thing to be proud of. yeh! :p

bwhhisc
19th July 2007, 11:32 AM
Maybe any registered without hypen will get "grandfathered" in if they create the space bar.

g
19th July 2007, 11:33 AM
have ppl been registering arabic w/ hyphens? I was into registering arabic compound words that don't stick together back in dec 2005. like that sexphoto.com?

i was seldom a pioneer being late in the domain market, but i guess i'm the pioneer in this since i caught the biggest of such names. ironically, i don't know anything about arabic!

some thing to be proud of. yeh! :p

it is never late to get in the market..... and finally some gems cover the loss

how southkorea.com is doing :)

g
19th July 2007, 11:38 AM
Maybe any registered without hypen will get "grandfathered" in if they create the space bar.

actually it is not a space ... we need a button to turn off automatic sticking to many letters when needed ... other letters don't stick in anyway

no domain can be registered with a space

so those names that don't stick will stay .... and touchring will be proud of himself :)

Fka200
19th July 2007, 12:05 PM
I must say, the Arabic market is extremely interesting :) Bunch of stuff been changing in the last 3-5 months... or things I've recently been noticing more closely... one or the other.

alpha
19th July 2007, 12:21 PM
why is everyone speaking in code?

mulligan
19th July 2007, 01:30 PM
Do you really think they are going to invent something specifically for Arabic domain names to stop them 'sticking together'?

Rubber Duck
19th July 2007, 01:37 PM
Do you really think they are going to invent something specifically for Arabic domain names to stop them 'sticking together'?

Yes.

alpha
19th July 2007, 01:39 PM
Yes.

Is it just Arabic, or do Thai, and certain Indian scripts etc have the same problem

Rubber Duck
19th July 2007, 01:43 PM
Is it just Arabic, or do Thai, and certain Indian scripts etc have the same problem

Farsi and Urdu use the same script more or less.

Thai doesn't have the initial and final forms, I don't believe, but letters are "stacked". Vowels appear over the top of constanants. Don't think there are any serious issues with Thai.

domainguru
19th July 2007, 02:03 PM

Never heard of Thai domains having "sticking together" problems.

g
19th July 2007, 03:45 PM

they already invented that "automatic sticking" option and all they need to do is to make it possible to stop it not only by a space

but may be shift A .... donno

jose
19th July 2007, 04:05 PM
That's why I registered the name IDNAssociation.org

We should stick togheter on certain issues and advise ICANN on how to do it.

I don't believe they will listen to us right away, but at least we would have a place (IDNAssociation) where we have posted our desires and views on all this issues in a clear and unanimous way.

For instance, and besides the Arabic stick togheter issue: how about dingbaits or the vast debade over phishing. We know what should and what should not be allwed

blastfromthepast
19th July 2007, 04:27 PM
That's why I registered the name IDNAssociation.org

Sorry Jose, that name doesn't stick together like the Arabic issue being discussed in this thread.

ala101
22nd August 2007, 03:15 PM
Amazon.net in Arabic (xn--igbi7a0ehl.net)
Creation Date: 20-apr-2001

how did this happen ? was idns available since 2001 ?

IDNCowboy
22nd August 2007, 03:17 PM
Amazon.net in Arabic (xn--igbi7a0ehl.net)
Creation Date: 20-apr-2001

how did this happen ? was idns available since 2001 ?

dabsi
6th September 2007, 05:48 PM
أمزون.com = River by Manaus, what else?

امازون.com has less traffic than أمزون.com

Both are with us.

There is region in the Maghreb aera where you call small monsters: غوغل

:)
DABSI

ala101
6th September 2007, 05:55 PM
أمزون.com = River by Manaus, what else?

is with us.

DABSI

The correct premium one is أمازون.com
and the typo of it is امازون.com

burnsinternet
7th September 2007, 07:29 AM
Shh! You'll wake Alpha.

Alpha hasn't posted since July. What is Alpha doing out there? Last post, he was trying to recruit models for an 18+ site.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/12242-japanese-native-needed-for-development-project.html

What if he was abducted by one of those sex-crazed women that he found? Being held prisoner and forced to perform for the camera.... The horror!

JColson
7th September 2007, 11:05 AM
Perhaps you ought to volunteer to rescue him?

jacksonm
7th September 2007, 11:13 AM
Alpha went to the northern US for a few months, no big deal.

If anything's killed him, it would have been the american beer.

touchring
7th September 2007, 01:25 PM
Alpha went to the northern US for a few months, no big deal.

If anything's killed him, it would have been the american beer.

Yea, odd that there is no internet access the part of north america he went?

Asiaplay
7th September 2007, 01:44 PM
Alpha hasn't posted since July. What is Alpha doing out there? Last post, he was trying to recruit models for an 18+ site.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/12242-japanese-native-needed-for-development-project.html

What if he was abducted by one of those sex-crazed women that he found? Being held prisoner and forced to perform for the camera.... The horror!

He wishes - I guess!!! lol... maybe is playing Alpha bear goes wild in the outback with lost Asian speaking environmentalist as we speak - all in the name of IDN development of course... :)

Thanks for my laugh for the day - cheers, Asiaplay

Rubber Duck
7th September 2007, 04:57 PM
I think you will find that Alpha was more than a little pissed off that nobody that side of the pond followed through his efforts to have an IDN session at Domain Round Table. It would, however, appear that you will have the opportunity to redeem yourselves and even meet the delectable Tina at Associated Cities, where I feel there is a high likelihood that IDN will be represented in the Live Auction.

jacksonm
7th September 2007, 06:37 PM
Associated Cities, where I feel there is a high likelihood that IDN will be represented in the Live Auction.

This would indeed be quite an accomplishment.

burnsinternet
8th September 2007, 06:05 AM
Perhaps you ought to volunteer to rescue him?

He would kill me.