PDA

View Full Version : Quickest no-brainer way to increase PPC (no tricks/no fees)

touchring
19th July 2007, 06:46 PM
Switch to a faster server, database. Especially if your site involves database loading!

I did this to one of my sites, it previously earned $30 a day adsense on average, now $40!

I couldn't believe my eyes. I switched because the previous host was a web designer with a dedicated server, so i didn't have full control, and not because the site was slow. The original site was fast enough imo, but apparently not fast enough for some. The new host is a one domain one account provider - don't use unlimited or budget host!

Has anyone experienced similar?

Rubber Duck
19th July 2007, 07:02 PM
Speed varies according to location.

When this gets serious, those targeting Japan should host in Japan!

touchring
19th July 2007, 07:05 PM
Speed varies according to location.

When this gets serious, those targeting Japan should host in Japan!

Sounds right, i was thinking the other time that IDNs are like a typo, if they stare at the address bar for too long without loading the page - they will bounce off.

Rubber Duck
19th July 2007, 07:09 PM
Sounds right, i was thinking the other time that IDNs are like a typo, if they stare at the address bar for too long without loading the page - they will bounce off.

I think if you have search results if the click through doesn't resolve fast enough the browser can get bored and simply click something else before it goes through taking them to someonelse's site.

jacksonm
19th July 2007, 07:45 PM
Switch to a faster server, database. Especially if your site involves database loading!

I did this to one of my sites, it previously earned $30 a day adsense on average, now $40!

And how can you prove that your adsense earnings increased with a faster server? Did your ctr increase while your visits remained static, all the while not changing a thing with the actual site?

Rubber Duck
19th July 2007, 07:59 PM
And how can you prove that your adsense earnings increased with a faster server? Did your ctr increase while your visits remained static, all the while not changing a thing with the actual site?

It is very difficult getting a properly controlled experiment.

Too many variables!