PDA

View Full Version : DNF adds IDN for Sale Section

gammascalper
2nd March 2006, 04:56 PM
http://www.dnforum.com/f72/new-idn-domains-sale-section-thread-136504.html#post770512

http://www.dnforum.com/f298/

sarcle
2nd March 2006, 05:26 PM
http://www.dnforum.com/f72/new-idn-domains-sale-section-thread-136504.html#post770512

http://www.dnforum.com/f298/

More great news for IDNers. Things are really taking shape and quickly I might add.

thefabfive
2nd March 2006, 05:43 PM
They even have some sale threads posted already (including one from our own gammascalper). Probably some closet IDNers on those boards just waiting to come out. :p

sarcle
2nd March 2006, 05:45 PM
They even have some sale threads posted already (including one from our own gammascalper). Probably some closet IDNers on those boards just waiting to come out. :p

Yes, for those wanting to keep idn a secret. IT'S TO LATE NOW!

gammascalper
2nd March 2006, 05:46 PM

DOH -- now you can find all my absolutely crap ASCII names...

sarcle
2nd March 2006, 05:49 PM
DOH -- now you can find all my absolutely crap ASCII names...

Yeah, I didn't want to tell you buddy. :p

Oh, please can the days of registering complete ASCII junk finally be behind us?

I believe that day has finally come. Don't hold it against us. lol

gammascalper
2nd March 2006, 05:54 PM
I believe that day has finally come. Don't hold it against us. lol

Gosh, isn't this going to be the truth.

Drewbert
2nd March 2006, 08:20 PM
>Oh, please can the days of registering complete ASCII junk finally be behind us?

Doubtful.

They'll continue, and now there'll be people registering complee IDN junk, like I did for a week untill I fine tuned my system. :^)

enom and pool register thousands of crpa names i the drops everyday to insert into their auction systems in the hope they'll make a few bucks on some of them (and they delete then after 4 days if they don't so they get a refund from Verisign).

thefabfive
2nd March 2006, 09:34 PM
The IDN sale section is not even a day old and I already count 4 sales. With this much activity it's amazing they waited so long.

Edwin
2nd March 2006, 10:13 PM
I've posted a whole batch of Yandex >100,000 Russian domains on there to try and get the ball rolling a bit more. Let's see...

DavyBUK
2nd March 2006, 10:15 PM
Yes I'm starting to feel left out not being a member of dnforum now !!

Before I was always put off by the idea of paying a fee when there wasn't much there I was interested in...I guess I'm going to have to reconsider now !!!

Nice to see things moving along.....

David

bramiozo
2nd March 2006, 10:16 PM
This will allow for a broader reseller audience to step in the game, besides the obvious extra exposure of idn's I think this legitimizes IDN's for a lot of reluctant dn'ers.

Good news :)

idn
3rd March 2006, 02:43 AM
I think this is good news, but the section really needs to be monitored. If people misrepresent the idn for sale (even unintenionally) it will create some problems. i.e. incorrect translation, singular/plural, etc.

thegenius1
3rd March 2006, 03:00 AM
I think this is good news, but the section really needs to be monitored. If people misrepresent the idn for sale (even unintenionally) it will create some problems. i.e. incorrect translation, singular/plural, etc.

Even more importantly than that is Names for Cheap, We dont need to be giving away the goods, and i seen some names on there today for 40 bucks, i dont think we need to start with the smal stuff, they need to develop a standard and a respect

Rubber Duck
3rd March 2006, 07:35 AM
Even more importantly than that is Names for Cheap, We dont need to be giving away the goods, and i seen some names on there today for 40 bucks, i dont think we need to start with the smal stuff, they need to develop a standard and a respect

I wouldn't worry about that too much. If you are selling quality goods for 30 Bucks you'll soon run out of stock. The regrets soon bite.

Better to have an active market with low prices that follow an upward trajectory, than no market at all with everyone holding, but nobody buying.

Olney
3rd March 2006, 08:31 AM
DomainState has an IDN section we should probably suggest NP to include an IDN section too just to be fair...

Still feels good to be the authority site...

I for one won't be selling anything for cheap... Unless I just don't want the domains...

Also I did think that they don't have the rules set up to know if there are crap domains or not.
Is it Ok for you guys to comment on Domains???
This is wrong or this doesn't mean that etc...

Drewbert
3rd March 2006, 08:31 AM
Depends if you're buying to resell or to get traffic revenue.

Rubber Duck
3rd March 2006, 08:36 AM
DomainState has an IDN section we should probably suggest NP to include an IDN section too just to be fair...

Still feels good to be the authority site...

I for one won't be selling anything for cheap... Unless I just don't want the domains...

Also I did think that they don't have the rules set up to know if there are crap domains or not.
Is it Ok for you guys to comment on Domains???
This is wrong or this doesn't mean that etc...

Most of them won't have got their heads around the xn-- bit yet. There will still be a sustantial minority that don't now the difference between IDN and ccTLD.

Don't worry Olney, this is still going to be our spiritual home, but I think it is good that the lads put themselves around a bit to get the message out!

DCG
3rd March 2006, 05:12 PM
I just wanted to pipe in and say how impressed I am with the people on this forum.

I have been helped in my IDN experience by a number of people here who are class acts.

I will do whatever I can to make the IDN names get out there an I hope you guys all make millions off of them.

Thanks again

-=DCG=-
Dnforum.com

kenne
3rd March 2006, 05:22 PM
I haven't decided whether to reg at DNForum yet. But I have questions about the latest thread selling Chinese prefectures:

Is DNnic selling the simplified version or traditional version or both? He seems to own both versions. In this particular case, it can make a lot of difference.

I think that a market in the early stage should not be "walled" inside the platinum membership. It's better for flow of information and elucidation of ambiguity.

gammascalper
3rd March 2006, 05:29 PM
kenne:

寧夏.net
遼寧.net
廣西.net
陝西.net

These are the provinces he listed.

I thought I saw them in simplified form earlier, but I can't find the thread anymore.

Rubber Duck
3rd March 2006, 05:36 PM
I haven't decided whether to reg at DNForum yet. But I have questions about the latest thread selling Chinese prefectures:

Is DNnic selling the simplified version or traditional version or both? He seems to own both versions. In this particular case, it can make a lot of difference.

I think that a market in the early stage should not be "walled" inside the platinum membership. It's better for flow of information and elucidation of ambiguity.

If you use this dictionary it will be easy to figure out whether they are Simplified or Traditional and which characters differ if any.

http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php?page=chardict

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Drewbert
3rd March 2006, 05:37 PM
I'm not quite sure why you people want to hurry the market along.

Let it mature naturally - which will be once ie7 comes out.

kenne
3rd March 2006, 05:43 PM
Here's the problem:

He listed these for sale:

xn--0rsz9d.net (寧夏.net) 2007-01-09 20:22:08
xn--tdtp73j.net (遼寧.net) 2007-01-09 20:33:39
xn--nzt916g.net (廣西.net) 2007-01-09 20:45:27
xn--bw2a96w.net (陝西.net) 2007-01-09 21:07:49

But I know he also owns simplified version of some of them like: 寧夏.net
while simplified version of 遼寧.net is owned by someone else.

So the question is: Is he selling just the traditional version?
Or selling both versions for those he owns?

Either way, he should say it in the post. Or someone should ask him.
I don't think he's intentionally leaving it out. But in this case, it just
matters a lot for the price. He could probably charge a lot more if
he's selling both versions of 寧夏.net;

Kenne

Rubber Duck
3rd March 2006, 05:44 PM
I'm not quite sure why you people want to hurry the market along.

Let it mature naturally - which will be once ie7 comes out.

Because if everyone had left ICANN and Microsoft to their own devices we would have all been dead before anything happened. If this comes about it will have been more than anything because the Chinese Government has been so proactive, even if they have had to do a bit of sabre rattling!

Drewbert
3rd March 2006, 05:50 PM
>because the Chinese Government has been so proactive

Exactly. The CHINESE GOVERNMENT.

If you think a bunch of domain name speculators can out a useful amont of pressure on ICANN or Verisign, you're fooling yourself.

Unless you walk in the door with a $1,000,000 cheque. Then they MIGHT do something for you, but more likely take the money and sit on their hands.

Rubber Duck
3rd March 2006, 06:18 PM
>because the Chinese Government has been so proactive

Exactly. The CHINESE GOVERNMENT.

If you think a bunch of domain name speculators can out a useful amont of pressure on ICANN or Verisign, you're fooling yourself.

Unless you walk in the door with a $1,000,000 cheque. Then they MIGHT do something for you, but more likely take the money and sit on their hands.

No, I entirely agree with you. We cannot do very much accept prevail upon them to recognise what is in their own best interests, especially when that concurs with our own. You'd be surprised, how short sighted some of these organisations can be until the obvious is pointed out to them.