PDA

View Full Version : Recent Yahoo SE update

alpha
21st July 2007, 08:02 PM
posted on Aarons blog

http://www.seobook.com/archives/002365.shtml

..."To me it looks like they put more weight on exact match domain names, inbound link"

:) good stuff.

This probably explains my 4x increase in adsense rev. Question is how long will it last, these spikes usually seem to be just that, and are rarely sustainable - but its all welcomed.

markits
22nd July 2007, 02:54 AM
4x increase for me too. Was wondering what's happening.

jacksonm
22nd July 2007, 10:22 AM
One thing I noticed, Yahoo is definitely ranking IDN.jp sites higher than the same IDN.com, even if the content is much weaker.

I made a test:

On the .com - 4 pages of original content
On the .jp - 1 page which contains a few paragraphs copied verbatim from the wikipedia page

The .jp is ranking at spot 16, the .com is somewhere around 50.

Next test will be to switch the content, where I put the original 4 page content on the .jp and see if it can make the front page.

Still, adsense is pretty much mirroring ND - the .com clicks are worth 4 times that of the .jp clicks.

rhys
23rd July 2007, 03:19 AM
One thing I noticed, Yahoo is definitely ranking IDN.jp sites higher than the same IDN.com, even if the content is much weaker.

I made a test:

On the .com - 4 pages of original content
On the .jp - 1 page which contains a few paragraphs copied verbatim from the wikipedia page

The .jp is ranking at spot 16, the .com is somewhere around 50.

Next test will be to switch the content, where I put the original 4 page content on the .jp and see if it can make the front page.

Still, adsense is pretty much mirroring ND - the .com clicks are worth 4 times that of the .jp clicks.

Are both .com and .jp domains hosted on your Japanese in-country server?

jacksonm
23rd July 2007, 08:37 AM
Are both .com and .jp domains hosted on your Japanese in-country server?

No, ironically enough, they are both hosted on my Netherlands server.

Still, being on page two I got 113 adsense impressions and 11 (9.73% ctr) clicks in 1 day for the jp. Now I'll be happy if I can double the CTR and get the site on page one.

Asiaplay
23rd July 2007, 10:27 AM
Very interesting - thanks for post...

Of interest are you finding this for other ccTLD extensions as well e.g. .cn, .kr, or .de etc.?

Cheers - Asiaplay