PDA

View Full Version : Sedo Parking Rip Off???

Rubber Duck
3rd November 2005, 12:41 PM
If you log in to your account at Sedo, if you start on an English Site it might be easier to following.

Under Clicks, click on some of the domains which are recording a zero, you will then get an account which contradicts the main Parking Statistics. Where do these figures come from is Sedo filtering out Chinese and Japanese Traffic or is the programme just not picking up our results into the summary. Either way I think we are being stitched up here!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Actually, NO. I have misunderstood I think as the when there is are no recorded clicks for the individual domain then it defaults to an Account Summary rather than for the individual domains.

It not, however, surprising that we jump to these conclusions when the interface has more bugs than an NHS ward!

Olney
3rd November 2005, 01:59 PM
I think I tried to say that they have a sort of messed up system.

When you have a Chinese language site & expect people to log into that to access putting in Japanese sites...

Basically whoever made that conscious decision & all that agreed should be fired.

gammascalper
3rd November 2005, 04:00 PM
- their parking servers are blocked by the chinese government. Why offer chinese parking then?
- they lump chinese and japanese parking together
- their user interface is confusing and their site is slow. It's obviously a legacy system which started from humble roots i.e. they didn't expect this kind of success...

Feel free to add to the list

Rubber Duck
3rd November 2005, 05:29 PM
- their parking servers are blocked by the chinese government. Why offer chinese parking then?
- they lump chinese and japanese parking together
- their user interface is confusing and their site is slow. It's obviously a legacy system which started from humble roots i.e. they didn't expect this kind of success...

Feel free to add to the list

I think my greatest need at the moment is a need to know! I would be prepared frankly to park my domains anywhere with relevant content that was giving me accurate traffic figures and the opportunity to grow that traffic even if I wasn't getting paid for it.

I have been thinking about Affiliate programmes, but as I understand it you need to host a website for this kind of thing and set up banners on it. Does anyone know if any Affiliate programmes work purely on a URL forwarding basis, similar to PPC?

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon