PDA

View Full Version : Sedo plans to launch Japanese site this year...

Edwin
4th March 2006, 12:13 PM
According to a (short) post by a Sedo rep in the thread below, Sedo intends to launch a Japanese version of their site during this year...
http://jp.domainnameforum.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=118&forum=7&post_id=629#forumpost629

gammascalper
4th March 2006, 01:56 PM
If they get it right this will be huge!

Let's just hope we don't have to log-in at sedo.fr or something incredibly stupid :-p

Rubber Duck
4th March 2006, 02:55 PM
If they get it right this will be huge!

Let's just hope we don't have to log-in at sedo.fr or something incredibly stupid :-p

Yes, I think that IF needs to be in upper case in about 36 points, bold and highlighted in Red. Sedo have a lot to prove!

sarcle
4th March 2006, 02:59 PM
Yes, I think that IF needs to be in upper case in about 36 points, bold and highlighted in Red. Sedo have a lot to prove!

Yes, I have been unimpressed with Sedo's lack of initiative and talk in this area. For being a "major" parking program I would think they would have a lot to prove being among the first to get this rolling. And so far... NADA!

Drewbert
4th March 2006, 04:06 PM
Especially considering they spawned in a non-English-as-first-language country.

Rubber Duck
4th March 2006, 06:50 PM
Had there Market update Report through today from SEDO. Frankly your average Osterich would have more idea of what is going down!

rhys
4th March 2006, 11:10 PM
According to a (short) post by a Sedo rep in the thread below, Sedo intends to launch a Japanese version of their site during this year...
http://jp.domainnameforum.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=118&forum=7&post_id=629#forumpost629

I'm curious to hear more about what they consider a "Japanese" version of their site to be. I didn't see IDNs mentioned in that piece specifically.

Olney
5th March 2006, 04:27 AM
I'll tell you
I've been watching Sedo.jp
& it went from a live site to being pointed to Sedo's domain this year.

IDNCowboy
8th March 2006, 03:25 AM
I'm curious to hear more about what they consider a "Japanese" version of their site to be. I didn't see IDNs mentioned in that piece specifically.
something similar to this lol
http://www.sedo.com/main.php3?language=cn&tracked=&partnerid=

blastfromthepast
23rd December 2006, 03:50 AM
Sedo intends to launch a Japanese version of their site during this year...

The year is almost up. Sedo.jp points to sedo.co.uk.

Rubber Duck
23rd December 2006, 05:41 AM
The year is almost up. Sedo.jp points to sedo.co.uk.

Well, on past form they will see their obligation as being fulfilled then! Dead Legs.

touchring
23rd December 2006, 08:19 AM
Forget about Sedo for now, they are hopeless, i was rejected again for SedoPro. If sedo continues that way, they're going to go "Yahoo!". :p

Rubber Duck
23rd December 2006, 08:22 AM
Forget about Sedo for now, they are hopeless, i was rejected again for SedoPro. If sedo continues that way, they're going to go "Yahoo!". :p

Voted Traffic Parking Service of the year by Traffics.

God if I went to that convention, I would wear Rubber Gloves!

sarcle
23rd December 2006, 01:35 PM
God if I went to that convention, I would wear Rubber Gloves!

Aren't you all rubber? Or are you talking "double bagging" it?

Rubber Duck
23rd December 2006, 01:56 PM
Aren't you all rubber? Or are you talking "double bagging" it?

I think I would need some of that Anti-Viral spray stuff as well, and we are only talking hand shakes. That lot give me the f*cking creeps! Sorry I meant the efuckingcreeps.com.

touchring
23rd December 2006, 02:06 PM
I think I would need some of that Anti-Viral spray stuff as well, and we are only talking hand shakes. That lot give me the f*cking creeps! Sorry I meant the efuckingcreeps.com.

Ya, this reminds me, during the SARs epidemic, i was asked to clean my hands with those alcohol sprays before i could enter the office to meet my clients. Those were the days, i think we might that again soon, who knows?

Rubber Duck
23rd December 2006, 02:09 PM
Ya, this reminds me, during the SARs epidemic, i was asked to clean my hands with those alcohol sprays before i could enter the office to meet my clients. Those were the days, i think we might that again soon, who knows?

Well in that case perhaps I can interest you in 非典.com

touchring
23rd December 2006, 02:11 PM
Well in that case perhaps I can interest you in 非典.com

Not referring to SARS, but flu. :)

sarcle
23rd December 2006, 02:15 PM
Not referring to SARS, but flu.

Ah, well then maybe I can interest you in インフルエンザ.com :)

Rubber Duck
23rd December 2006, 02:16 PM
Not referring to SARS, but flu.

Seems to me to be a bit of a waste of time trying to do that with flu. I am sure they did hand washing in 1918. The main source of transmission is migratory birds, so even stopping people going on aeroplanes would be a complete waste of time!

Most of the measures put in place during these crisis are to calm the public and for political effect, often their medical relevance is negligible.

Ah, well then maybe I can interest you in インフルエンザ.com :)

Way to go! People always buy on paranoia. It is a much better sales driver than rational objectivity.

By the way I have just seen this at Namepros:

I have on SEDO :

the-world.mobi - 1.510.000.000 - Google - 23-Dec-2006

the-time.mobi ---- 941.000.000 - Google - 23-Dec-2006

the-news.mobi --- 364.000.000 - Google - 23-Dec-2006

top-100.mobi ---- 319.000.000 - Google - 23-Dec-2006

the-music.mobi -- 133.000.000 - Google - 23-Dec-2006

in-business.mobi - 136.000.000 - Google - 23-Dec-2006

buy-now.mobi ----- 98.400.000 - Google - 23-Dec-2006

indirect.mobi ------ 87.100.000 - Google - 23-Dec-2006

world-map.mobi --- 46.800.000 - Google - 23-Dec-2006

accu.mobi -------- 14.400.000 - Google - 23-Dec-2006

Do these morons never pick up any pointers from the aftermarkets?

touchring
23rd December 2006, 02:24 PM
Seems to me to be a bit of a waste of time trying to do that with flu. I am sure they did hand washing in 1918. The main source of transmission is migratory birds, so even stopping people going on aeroplanes would be a complete waste of time!

Most of the measures put in place during these crisis are to calm the public and for political effect, often their medical relevance is negligible.

Having been through the SARs, i know how jittery people can become, my mom nearly had a nervous breakdown and i had to move back home - i used to live outside.

And SARS wasn't exactly a pandemic, very few people actually died if you consider that a few hundred million people were in the region were affected. Many times more people die of heart ailments because of the stress it brought.

If the pandemic really comes, i've planned to move the whole family to a mountain resort or home - an internet connection and 12 months canned food is all that is required. :)

Rubber Duck
23rd December 2006, 02:28 PM
Having been through the SARs, i know how jittery people can become, my mom nearly had a nervous breakdown and i had to move back home - i used to live outside.

And SARS wasn't exactly a pandemic, very few people actually died if you consider that a few hundred million people were in the region it affected. Many times more people die of heart ailments or hypertension because of the stress and poor biz it brought.

We all seen the pictures on the TV with white filters.

Having done some research on filters and their effectiveness for a laboratory I once set up, I couldn't help feeling it was nothing more than a PR excercise.

touchring
23rd December 2006, 02:33 PM
We all seen the pictures on the TV with white filters.

Having done some research on filters and their effectiveness for a laboratory I once set up, I couldn't help feeling it was nothing more than a PR excercise.

You mean the 3M N95 masks? They were a precious commodity then. I suspect i got a cache of a few dozens at home.

Rubber Duck
23rd December 2006, 02:38 PM
You mean the 3M N95 masks? They were a precious commodity then. I suspect i got a cache of a few dozens at home.

Yes, but weren't they just dust masks?

How effective are these really going to be against an airborne virus?

There are marketed as the World most popular respiratory mask. Yes, big companies love them because they are so cheap. They are not even that good a stopping concrete dust!

touchring
23rd December 2006, 02:43 PM

There are marketed as the World most popular respiratory mask. Yes, big companies love them because they are so cheap. They are not even that good a stopping concrete dust!

If i've not remembered wrong, there's a better one, N99/100 (correction), but it's so effective, even air molecules got trouble getting through, so you must breath very hard. :)

http://store.safetycentral.com/abn95avbiflu.html

If you work in NYC or London city, i think it's good to stock some at home or in your brief case. It should work against radioactive contamination.

sarcle
23rd December 2006, 02:49 PM

I don't know how effective they would be. But this was a marketing technique and I'm sold.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/809/sarswomanpj4.jpg

But you're right. It's kind of like our government telling us after the 9/11 attacks to go buy plastic sheeting and duct tape to prevent nuclear fallout incase of an attack. :confused:

touchring
23rd December 2006, 02:57 PM
For maximum effectiveness, you need one of these:

http://www.danshistory.com/gasmask.jpg

Rubber Duck
23rd December 2006, 04:15 PM
For maximum effectiveness, you need one of these:

http://www.danshistory.com/gasmask.jpg

Well I have used those will CS Gas and they bloody work to those bastards in the Army pull them off!