PDA

View Full Version : Ratios of Dot Com to Dot Net for IDN?

Rubber Duck
2nd August 2007, 01:03 PM
Well this should give you some idea!

Chinese.com $1,120,008

Chinese.net $180,000

Both sold at Sedo within a very short space of time.

I make that a ratio of 6.2.

Perhaps the Duck's working assumption of 5 for Asian IDN is not so quackers after all.

Asiaplay
2nd August 2007, 01:52 PM
hehe - love the and $8 for the .com one... tells me that whoever bought it is careful (and has an Asian understanding) :)

Perhaps is also a result of those who bought the .net and other extensions are more keen on cash than holding out for a price... but their is truth behind the difference as a brand for sure... of interest is there any evidence the same person bought both?

Cheers - Asiaplay

Rubber Duck
2nd August 2007, 01:55 PM
hehe - love the and $8 for the .com one... tells me that whoever bought it is careful (and has an Asian understanding) :)

Perhaps is also a result of those who bought the .net and other extensions are more keen on cash than holding out for a price... but their is truth behind the difference as a brand for sure... of interest is there any evidence the same person bought both?

Cheers - Asiaplay

Don't think so. The dot com was a Euro Transaction, which is where the odd numbers come from. Now that is where the real money is these days!

domainguru
2nd August 2007, 03:03 PM
Well this should give you some idea!

Chinese.com $1,120,008

Chinese.net $180,000

Both sold at Sedo within a very short space of time.

I make that a ratio of 6.2.

Perhaps the Duck's working assumption of 5 for Asian IDN is not so quackers after all.

I don't think statisticians would advise a sample size that small.

jose
2nd August 2007, 04:12 PM
The rule was 10-1, but I would say it's getting shorter, maybe 8-1 would be more correct theses days.