PDA

View Full Version : For those who have french domains

L@@K
3rd August 2007, 10:54 AM
For those who have french domains, you can renew them 2-3 years !

French market is still sleeping.
On french forums, they don't understand anything, grrrrrrrrrrr !

What a SHAME for us ! :mad:

Actually, it's the chance of my life !
To take all while they're sleeping ! :p

domainguru
3rd August 2007, 12:19 PM

What a SHAME for us ! :mad:

Unfortunately that still applies to most markets, and will continue to do so until a critical mass of Internet users have IE7. If only humans could hibernate ....

Rubber Duck
3rd August 2007, 12:25 PM
Unfortunately that still applies to most markets, and will continue to do so until a critical mass of Internet users have IE7. If only humans could hibernate ....

The problem is that in France they do have IE7.

With some latin language the cultural adjustment has to be made. IDN are just not needed that much. Development will of course speed the process and bridge the gap.

domainguru
3rd August 2007, 12:38 PM
The problem is that in France they do have IE7.

With some latin language the cultural adjustment has to be made. IDN are just not needed that much. Development will of course speed the process and bridge the gap.

I'm having a hard time mixing "cultural adjustment" with "French" if you know what I mean.

Rubber Duck
3rd August 2007, 12:42 PM
Well the way I look at it is how different people approach the problem of crossing a river in flood. Some will start designing a bridge. Some will wait for the water levels to drop and try to ford it. Others will just swim for it!

It is all down to your motivation and urgency! If you have blood hounds on your trail, you are not going to start building a bloody bridge!

touchring
3rd August 2007, 12:58 PM
Duplicate.

touchring
3rd August 2007, 01:01 PM

What a SHAME for us !

Surely, ascii is still king in France, but at least our IDNs are earning money. I'm actually losing money on my english Ascii buys and registration 2 years ago. This thought me a good lesson be more careful on what i buy.

On the whole, we are more fortunate than we really think we are. Especially those who diversified to Asian names, this is where the money will be in the future, be it Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Arabic, this is a growth zone. :)