PDA

View Full Version : How do you sell when you own 3 extensions...

Olney
5th March 2006, 07:53 AM
I'm wondering how many of you guys are registering more than 1 extension.
I just started to register all 3 extensions
Actually the batch that I'm getting today are mainly Japanese dot net, & dot jp
With some dot coms too.

What would you guys do when you sell?
Sell each extension seperately?
Sell them in a set?

Drewbert
5th March 2006, 07:58 AM
Needing the set is basically registrar hype to sellmore domains.

in the gtld land, generally if you've got the .com you don't NED anything else. Unless maybe if ou're an org, then you might want to use the .org but have the .com as well to rescue any traffic going there as a mistake.

With ccTLD's i te mix it becomes more complicated.

For selling, I'd offload the .net early and ratchet up the price on the others.

Rubber Duck
5th March 2006, 08:10 AM
I'm wondering how many of you guys are registering more than 1 extension.
I just started to register all 3 extensions
Actually the batch that I'm getting today are mainly Japanese dot net, & dot jp
With some dot coms too.

What would you guys do when you sell?
Sell each extension seperately?
Sell them in a set?

I would sell them separately, if you can get a buyer for the dot net, then let that go first, if not sell the dot JP. Keep the dot Com, unless they are offering silly money.

If it is a small to medium sized business they will not spend that much initially, but if the grow and make good money they will come back with big bucks for the dot com later. If they don't the competition will!

rhys
5th March 2006, 10:57 AM
I will part with some of my .nets first and hold .com and .jp. Next on my order to sell for Japanese IDNs would probably be .com as I believe .jp to be where the bulk of the future action will be. Clearly we've discussed whether that is true or not on threads before but it is my belief.

Rubber Duck
5th March 2006, 11:02 AM
I will part with some of my .nets first and hold .com and .jp. Next on my order to sell for Japanese IDNs would probably be .com as I believe .jp to be where the bulk of the future action will be. Clearly we've discussed whether that is true or not on threads before but it is my belief.

This game is all about conviction and having the courage to follow them. Clearly dot com is not going to be valuable, if nobody is registering dot jp and vis-versa. It is not about being Right or Wrong, it is a question of How Right you are going to be! Frankly, this is more profitable than printing your own banknotes at the moment. It would cost you more in paper and ink, let alone the investment in the printing press!

touchring
5th March 2006, 02:58 PM
Clearly, if you have a great Japanese .com, it's going to be better than a 2nd class .jp.

If you have a lousy .com, then the equivalent .jp is also not worth keeping, when it comes to the $60 2nd year renewal.

Olney
5th March 2006, 09:52 PM
It's me guys
Look at my portfolio
Look at my prior registrations
Then you can imagine if "I'M" in a situation where I own all 3 extensions.
My portfolio that I showed publicly was really almost all that I owned until I found this new batch.