PDA

View Full Version : Transferring / Pushing Domains

mwbseiso
7th August 2007, 02:57 AM
Ok, so say I made a sale and I want to transfer a domain to the buyer. How does this work? Does the registrar charge for this? Does it depend on the registrar?

Most of my domains are with Moniker and DynaDot... Anyone has experiences with them? I have a few domains I want to sell and I want to ensure a hassle free transfer prior to actually starting the sales... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and is there a difference between transferring a pushing a domain?

bwhhisc
7th August 2007, 03:09 AM
Dynadot is good, but one party has to initiate the transfer and other party has to accept. This creates a small lag time
to complete transfer, but this is a bit safer for both parties. There is a section in their FAQ about how to do this.

Many here use Domainsite.com. Transfers at domainsite are simple and fast, all you need is the other parties account
number and you can "push" domains over. Easy to move them within your own subaccounts as well.
Quick and no hassle to move domains to another persons account, takes just a few seconds.

Transfer or push are basically the same term depending on which end of the deal you are on.

ala101
7th August 2007, 03:11 AM
you can push them for free to other accounts on the same registrars you are using.
difference between transferring a pushing a domain
same
:)

bwhhisc
7th August 2007, 03:14 AM
Moving domains from one registrar to another is a bit more work. With most registrars, the "sending" party has
to request (or create) an authorization code and give it to the "receiving party". The receiving party then pays
their registrar a years registration fee, then enters the domain name and authorization code and if all goes well it
takes about a week to go thru the system. The year you pay for will add 12 months to the current expiry date.

Most sellers stipulate they will "push" to your account at their registrar to avoid above hassle. Then you can
move it yourself from one registrar to the other if you choose.