PDA

View Full Version : Still stuff to be found...

Edwin
7th August 2007, 02:34 PM
20 minutes of digging this evening turned up...

肉じゃが.com
コンニャク.com
賃貸倉庫.com
ゴーヤチャンプルー.com
ゴーヤチャンプル.com
イカ焼き.com
賃貸店舗.com
出張宿泊.com
ワークステーション.com
詰め合わせ.com
ベビー家具.com

No "huge" names, but some nice bits and pieces nonetheless :)

mwbseiso
7th August 2007, 03:22 PM
Is it just me or is the CSS messed up for some threads like this one? (I apologize this is not directly relevant to this thread; just using it as an example of the "broken CSS")

Edwin
8th August 2007, 01:14 AM
That snoring sound must be people asleep at the wheel. I just picked up...

記事検索.com
サイト検索.com
電話番号案内.com
路線案内.com
郵便番号案内.com
乗車案内.com
道路案内.com
検索サイト登録.com
歌詞検索サイト.com
動画検索サイト.com
画像検索サイト.com
サイト内検索.com
地図検索サイト.com
漢字検索.com
駐車場検索.com
道路検索.com
経路検索.com
距離検索.com
高速料金検索.com
苗字検索.com
乗換検索.com
論文検索.com
ホームページ検索方法.com
超画像検索.com
検索ワード.com
携帯番号検索.com
検索履歴.com
家紋検索.com
無料検索エンジン登録.com

rhys
8th August 2007, 07:00 AM
What can we say Edwin, you're a voracious beast and I'd be inspired to give you some competition but I'm on vacation.

thegenius1
8th August 2007, 09:31 AM
That snoring sound must be people asleep at the wheel. I just picked up...

Sleep whats that ? Sleep deprivation due to IDN's maybe the death of me.

blastfromthepast
8th August 2007, 09:33 AM
You guys still believe IDNs will take off? That's so 2006.

touchring
8th August 2007, 09:50 AM

I bought a few grand of ASCIIs 2005, now they are depreciated and looking to depreciate further. This is much worst than IDNs.

mdw
8th August 2007, 03:36 PM
OK Edwin,

I can't really keep up on hand regs, but I did grab:

プーケットホテル.jp
バンコクホテル.jp
タイ観光.com
クラビ.com
サムイ.com
カンボジア旅行.jp

Also thanks to whoever dropped those japanese city hotels :)

Rubber Duck
8th August 2007, 04:46 PM

That's because we have rolled forward one year and Bill still has not delivered on his promises. I suppose if we had been a bit brighter we would have spotted the pattern!

touchring
8th August 2007, 05:07 PM
That's because we have rolled forward one year and Bill still has not delivered on his promises. I suppose if we had been a bit brighter we would have spotted the pattern!

The traffic is a consolation, but most importantly, the native market for the names we deal in is bigger than we had expected, this is a more important to me than IE7, which will come eventually.

Rubber Duck
8th August 2007, 05:30 PM
The traffic is a consolation, but most importantly, the native market for the names we deal in is bigger than we had expected, this is a more important to me than IE7, which will come eventually.

Speak for yourself. It astounds me that they are taking so long to catch on!

touchring
8th August 2007, 05:44 PM
Speak for yourself. It astounds me that they are taking so long to catch on!

The money is in the native end user companies, organizations. They won't move until IDNs are widely used. I don't expect to sell my top names to speculators either.

Rubber Duck
8th August 2007, 05:52 PM
Well, whatever the locals are up to, Edwin is now firmly back in acquisition mode by all appearance for the first time in a very long time, as far as I am aware. That would seem auspicious in itself! :)

Drewbert
8th August 2007, 06:45 PM
Yes. Duly noted. :)

Edwin
8th August 2007, 10:15 PM
I'm trying not to, but there's so much nice stuff I can't help myself...

アレルギー科.com
アスレチック.com
オリジナルプリント.com
フィールドアスレチック.com
ケーブルカー.com
ストロー.com
データエントリー.com
ドライアイス.com
トレーニングジム.com
パターゴルフ場.com
ピッツェリア.com
フォーマルウェア.com
ベーカリーカフェ.com
ヘルスメーター.com
もやし.com
リストランテ.com
リフレッシュ.com
レーシングカー.com
ロープウェー.com
中古自転車.com
海浜公園.com
牛たん.com
路線バス.com

Please save me from myself :) See this thread for more details...
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/12528-anyone-up-for-a-gamble.html

Olney
8th August 2007, 11:36 PM
I think that was me....

Also thanks to whoever dropped those japanese city hotels :)

IDNCowboy
9th August 2007, 12:18 AM
I think that was me....
why'd u drop them

mdw
9th August 2007, 01:18 AM
why'd u drop them
Everybody knows it's gonna be years before collecting the non-premiums is gonna pay off. And conspicuously missing from this batch were the Tokyo and Osaka.

Rick prophesied it last year, much to the chagrin of some folks here, and lo it shall come to pass! :eek:

Olney
9th August 2007, 01:34 AM
why'd u drop them
Slimmed down my portfolio to be easy to manage for 2 to 3 years.
Out of about more than 150 to 200 travel related domains I owned I dropped maybe 30 or 40. I got in early with com & jp, they were good domains but I already have a lot of Japanese hotel related domains. A few of my coworkers also took a bunch from me too.

touchring
9th August 2007, 07:11 AM
Out of about more than 150 to 200 travel related domains I owned I dropped maybe 30 or 40. I got in early with com & jp, they were good domains but I already have a lot of Japanese hotel related domains. A few of my coworkers also took a bunch from me too.

I think a flipper took a few too. :)

Rubber Duck
9th August 2007, 07:38 AM

Good move! You don't want to be driven barmy counting the click revenue later on. Best to act early to avoid unnecessary disruption. :)

Must admit, I sold some last year. I think I got $1500 each for them.

Olney
9th August 2007, 07:51 AM
200 to 300 that I dropped was the lower end of my portfolio.
I got a feeling I'll do well in the longrun with my current portfolio.

Rubber Duck
9th August 2007, 08:11 AM
200 to 300 that I dropped was the lower end of my portfolio.
I got a feeling I'll do well in the longrun with my current portfolio.

I am sure you will, but considering you got the inside track before 98% of those on the forum, "Doing Well" is not a very ambitious.

There have largely been two strategies. One has been to develop, and the other has been to wait and trade. The Development strategy would be a clear success, if it was enabling those that had followed it to finance expansion of their portfolios. If the cost of development has resulted in contraction of portfolios then it is likely to have proved a failure.

touchring
9th August 2007, 08:25 AM
I am sure you will, but considering you got the inside track before 98% of those on the forum, "Doing Well" is not a very ambitious.

There have largely been two strategies. One has been to develop, and the other has been to wait and trade. The Development strategy would be a clear success, if it was enabling those that had followed it to finance expansion of their portfolios. If the cost of development has resulted in contraction of portfolios then it is likely to have proved a failure.

We're still very early in the game, development, to me is like trying to pass time. Finding something to do. Just another facet of the IDN hobby. :)

Rubber Duck
9th August 2007, 08:30 AM
We're still very early in the game, development, to me is like trying to pass time. Finding something to do. Just another facet of the IDN hobby. :)

Yes, but say for the sake of argument, that development cost about $50 per site, then if the owners are struggling to finance renewals, it could be costing half a dozen renewal fees. This could critically damage some portfolios. Of course those that have unlimited financial resources are not going to be unduly concerned.

jacksonm
9th August 2007, 08:56 AM
Yes, but say for the sake of argument, that development cost about $50 per site, then if the owners are struggling to finance renewals, it could be costing half a dozen renewal fees.

This is simply darwinism. If you are short-sighted enough to buy 1000 domains on hope when you know you can't afford $7000 renewal fee for several years in a row, then you will either need to develop, sell at current market rates, or drop.

Even though my portfolio is small, I started developing (2 different domain topics to begin with). I have completely recouped my development outlay in 19 days! The other 346 days of the year will bring $1730 in profit if the current trends continue, and these sites don't require maintenance. The difficult thing is to find writers for foreign languages, though - a lot of them aren't interested in every topic which is proposed.

I don't know why you would consider development and investment as being mutually exclusive. I see development as increasing the value of my investments, so it will actually return dividends on a daily basis.

Rubber Duck
9th August 2007, 09:19 AM
This is simply darwinism. If you are short-sighted enough to buy 1000 domains on hope when you know you can't afford $7000 renewal fee for several years in a row, then you will either need to develop, sell at current market rates, or drop.

Even though my portfolio is small, I started developing (2 different domain topics to begin with). I have completely recouped my development outlay in 19 days! The other 346 days of the year will bring $1730 in profit if the current trends continue, and these sites don't require maintenance. The difficult thing is to find writers for foreign languages, though - a lot of them aren't interested in every topic which is proposed.

I don't know why you would consider development and investment as being mutually exclusive. I see development as increasing the value of my investments, so it will actually return dividends on a daily basis.

I don't disagree. You are precisely right. It is all about who holds what when the music stops.

If the situation you cite is typical, then one would expect those developing to be going back into the market for more names. As I know that to be exactly what you are doing, then I am reasonably convinced that the picture you are painting is reasonably representative. I also know of several others that claim development success that are also selectively acquiring. What concerns me are those that claim development success, but are simultaneously slimming down their portfolios. There I fail to see the rationale.

touchring
9th August 2007, 09:27 AM
I don't do development - i hire people to do development. So, it's either you got the money to hire people to do development and got some time to manage them, or you got the time.

Money (+some time) OR Time.

Development is not for everyone.