PDA

View Full Version : Snapnames Sale and an IDN Article

domainstosell
8th August 2007, 02:27 PM
Not sure if people have seen these yet, but first, DNJournal reported a sale of a Chinese IDN at Snap:

a股.com (xn--a-nt7c.com) Went for $3,170
Looks like it means "a shares" as in stock

Also, there's a new domaining magazine called Modern Domainer, and their first issue has an article on IDNs. The article is OK, but it takes kind of a wishy-washy stance on the whole thing and sort of fizzles out at the end.

Here is a link to the pdf of the first issue. The mag is available in print as well.

http://www.moderndomainer.com/web_pdf/ISSUE_01_web.pdf

mulligan
8th August 2007, 03:04 PM
In the same DNJ article

ç.com - at $10,000

Nice ... and congrats to the buyer .. :)

domainstosell
8th August 2007, 03:08 PM
Nice, I missed that one...

IDNCowboy
8th August 2007, 04:32 PM
Not sure if people have seen these yet, but first, DNJournal reported a sale of a Chinese IDN at Snap:

Also, there's a new domaining magazine called Modern Domainer, and their first issue has an article on IDNs. The article is OK, but it takes kind of a wishy-washy stance on the whole thing and sort of fizzles out at the end.

Here is a link to the pdf of the first issue. The mag is available in print as well.

http://www.moderndomainer.com/web_pdf/ISSUE_01_web.pdf
These magazines come and go... Jay on his blog also mentioned another magazine that never took off... I'm not talking about the one that was given away for free at T.R.A.F.F.I.C. and is on its 3rd issue.

touchring
8th August 2007, 04:54 PM
In the same DNJ article

ç.com - at $10,000

Nice ... and congrats to the buyer .. :)

Nice, another big buy by Mark. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_Stock_Exchange

The securities listed at the SSE include the three main categories of stocks, bonds, and funds. Bonds traded on SSE include treasury bonds (T-bond), corporate bonds, and convertible corporate bonds. SSE T-bond market is the most active of its kind in China. There are two types of stocks being issued in the Shanghai Stock Exchange: A shares and B shares. A shares are priced in the local Renminbi yuan currency, while B shares are quoted in U.S. dollars. Initially, trading in A shares are restricted to domestic investors only while B shares are available to both domestic (since 2001) and foreign investors. However, after reforms were implemented in December 2002, foreign investors are now allowed (with limitations) to trade in A shares under the Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) system. There is a plan to eventually merge the two types of shares.

Rubber Duck
8th August 2007, 05:24 PM
Long-term ç.com will be a massive investment.

I am guessing that its greatest use is going to be as Turkish.

domainstosell
8th August 2007, 06:05 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_Stock_Exchange

The securities listed at the SSE include the three main categories of stocks, bonds, and funds. Bonds traded on SSE include treasury bonds (T-bond), corporate bonds, and convertible corporate bonds. SSE T-bond market is the most active of its kind in China. There are two types of stocks being issued in the Shanghai Stock Exchange: A shares and B shares. A shares are priced in the local Renminbi yuan currency, while B shares are quoted in U.S. dollars. Initially, trading in A shares are restricted to domestic investors only while B shares are available to both domestic (since 2001) and foreign investors. However, after reforms were implemented in December 2002, foreign investors are now allowed (with limitations) to trade in A shares under the Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) system. There is a plan to eventually merge the two types of shares.

Nice info. When I saw the DNJournal report, I had to check and see what the domain was (since it only showed punycode). The .net was available, so I grabbed it. Guess I'll keep it... :)

touchring
8th August 2007, 06:08 PM
The .net was available, so I grabbed it. Guess I'll keep it... :)

:o

mulligan
8th August 2007, 06:24 PM
Nice info. When I saw the DNJournal report, I had to check and see what the domain was (since it only showed punycode). The .net was available, so I grabbed it. Guess I'll keep it... :)

I was wondering why the buyer had left the .net free after spending over $3K on the .com (I seen it was free but left it, didn't know what the hell it was)

Rubber Duck
8th August 2007, 06:27 PM
Its funny how those heavy gold coins just slip right through the fingers as if they had been greased. :p

domainstosell
8th August 2007, 06:29 PM
I was wondering why the buyer had left the .net free after spending over $3K on the .com (I seen it was free but left it, didn't know what the hell it was)

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either, you'd think that they'd lock it up at reg fee just to protect their investment.

I know Ron does an amazing job at DNJournal, and I'm not complaining (too much), but I wish that the IDN listings would include at least the Unicode, if not a translation/language, etc.

Rubber Duck
8th August 2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I couldn't believe it either, you'd think that they'd lock it up at reg fee just to protect their investment.

I know Ron does an amazing job at DNJournal, and I'm not complaining (too much), but I wish that the IDN listings would include at least the Unicode, if not a translation/language, etc.

He will if it is supplied from a reliable source. As most here didn't have a clue what it meant, I guess he was struggling a little!

jacksonm
8th August 2007, 07:31 PM

So now we know the value of the .net compared to the .com - 428 times less!

touchring
8th August 2007, 07:49 PM
So now we know the value of the .net compared to the .com - 428 times less!

I'm not surprised, the natives go for the dot com. I got autoinsurance.net last year for cheap. Only the cream of crop keywords like a major city, like that Wuhan.net there are a few bidders.

Drewbert
8th August 2007, 07:50 PM
Ron will often add a translation/explanation that is provided to him after the release of the week's data.