PDA

View Full Version : Blog in Chinese?

jose
6th March 2006, 12:46 AM
Did I just registered Blog in chinese or what?

个人主页.net

Opinions? I just can't translate this, but it looks like it. Any help?

I get 14,300,000 on Baidu for "个人主页" and toons of adds form hosting companies?!?!?

yumi
6th March 2006, 12:51 AM
In sim Chinese,博客 means blog.
In Trad Chinese,部落格 means blog.

个人主页 means personal homepage.

jose
6th March 2006, 01:03 AM
Thanks a lot yumi. Must be worth something no?

seesawgame
7th March 2006, 12:45 AM
Thanks a lot yumi. Must be worth something no?
个人主页.net is like PersonalHomePage.net

idnceo
7th March 2006, 02:47 AM
个人主页.net is like PersonalHomePage.net

Wow! Seesawgame, you have 台北.net that one rocks! by the way, your city -Taipei- nightlife rocks! I went to Roxy and 101 every night during the 2 weekends i stayed traveling in your country last year. Good luck with 台北.net!!! it is great!;)

seesawgame
10th March 2006, 06:00 AM
Wow! Seesawgame, you have 台北.net that one rocks! by the way, your city -Taipei- nightlife rocks! I went to Roxy and 101 every night during the 2 weekends i stayed traveling in your country last year. Good luck with 台北.net!!! it is great!;)
Dear idnceo, thank you to the 台北.net appreciation, I thought this domain name really is great, is at least in my own the best idn domain name. ;)

matt and matt
10th March 2006, 06:01 PM
hey we're new to this can anyone give us some advice on how to make money out of people when they type in one of our domains into google.

wow that is well good are best is 46,800,000 google search hits

from
matt and matt

p.s do you want to send us that lol

thegenius1
10th March 2006, 07:35 PM
Hello and welcome to the world of idn's matt and matt, You are now travelling back to the future!!!..... You can park youre names @ namedrive where most of us hold our portfolios http://www.namedrive.com/?ref=41242iL ,,

And on the Blog note, i pickd this one up a little while ago, a good online sources had it down as blog, translation equals Weblog , witch the word blog comes from, but can anybody confirm if this is the term people in china use 网络日记.com , and dave blessed me with this domain with the speculation it could become blog
网记.net .... What is some of you natives speakers thoughts on this

IDNCowboy
10th March 2006, 10:00 PM
Hello and welcome to the world of idn's matt and matt, You are now travelling back to the future!!!..... You can park youre names @ namedrive where most of us hold our portfolios http://www.namedrive.com/?ref=41242iL ,,

And on the Blog note, i pickd this one up a little while ago, a good online sources had it down as blog, translation equals Weblog , witch the word blog comes from, but can anybody confirm if this is the term people in china use 网络日记.com , and dave blessed me with this domain with the speculation it could become blog
It was mentioned before this is what we consider a twin word.... it is more appropriate to make this seem like "weblog" which is also a pretty good name. However it is not becoming the official word for "blog" as blog is "博客" ... That term was registered a while ago.

Just because someone here claims he is a scholar because he has 10000 names doesn't mean he is right. It is always good to ask a native speaker. I actually had "网络日记"on my reg list a while back but "博客" is the golden goose.

Giant
11th March 2006, 01:06 AM
Just because someone here claims he is a scholar because he has 10000 names doesn't mean he is right.

Sounds like somebody is teasing our Big Dave :-) (I'm just kidding!)

No Jeff, I am a Chinese native speaker, but I have to say Dave is always right when he comments on Chinese language.

We did discuss this term once not long ago.

网络日记.com and 网络日志.com have exactly the same meaning -- weblog.
The word "记" (record) is very common, and "志" (record) is a bit classic. Because we already use "日记" to mean Diary, so we chose "日志" to mean Blog. Both are being used, but the latter is more popular.

网络日记 Google result 317,000

网络日志 Google result 6,040,000

IDNCowboy
11th March 2006, 01:17 AM
Sounds like somebody is teasing our Big Dave :-) (I'm just kidding!)

No Jeff, I am a Chinese native speaker, but I have to say Dave is always right when he comments on Chinese language.

We did discuss this term once not long ago.

网络日记.com and 网络日志.com have exactly the same meaning -- weblog.
The word "记" (record) is very common, and "志" (record) is a bit classic. Because we already use "日记" to mean Diary, so we chose "日志" to mean Blog. Both are being used, but the latter is more popular.

网络日记 Google result 317,000

网络日志 Google result 6,040,000
right and i said its weblog.... but he's saying that its more often used as "blog" than any other term which is incorrect...

I posted what blog is in chinese verified by a chinese speaker.
blog is short for weblog.

thegenius1
11th March 2006, 09:00 AM
right and i said its weblog.... but he's saying that its more often used as "blog" than any other term which is incorrect...

I posted what blog is in chinese verified by a chinese speaker.
blog is short for weblog.

Excuse me Jeff but where exactly did i say this ? If i new exactly what it was i would not be posting it for confirmation, I said a good online source has it down as blog, Not a person but a Website that speacilizes in Hot Chinese Words, so if you could point out where i make the claim of one being more popular than the othere that would be great

matt and matt
11th March 2006, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=thegenius1]Hello and welcome to the world of idn's matt and matt, You are now travelling back to the future!!!..... You can park youre names @ namedrive where most of us hold our portfolios http://www.namedrive.com/?ref=41242iL ,,

Thanks for the advice we own, Chinese IDN's though can you still use www.namedrive.com/?ref=41242iL to make money from traffic with chinese domains.Are best one now has 928,000,000 traffic is that good.

matt and matt

thegenius1
11th March 2006, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=thegenius1]Hello and welcome to the world of idn's matt and matt, You are now travelling back to the future!!!..... You can park youre names @ namedrive where most of us hold our portfolios http://www.namedrive.com/?ref=41242iL ,,

Thanks for the advice we own, Chinese IDN's though can you still use www.namedrive.com/?ref=41242iL to make money from traffic with chinese domains.Are best one now has 928,000,000 traffic is that good.

matt and matt

Yes you can use all IDN domains to park there, i have arabic, russian, chinese and japanese all parked @ N.D..... What you do is enter the punny codes and you will be able to select your keywords, if you need further help just p.m me with any specific questions

touchring
12th March 2006, 10:02 AM
Some Google.cn results:

约有10,700,000项符合"博客" site:*.cn的查询结果
约有276,000项符合"网络日记" site:*.cn的查询结果
约有246,000项符合"网络日志" site:*.cn的查询结果

Both 网络日记 and 网络日志 are used rarely as you can see from the results.

bramiozo
12th March 2006, 10:14 AM
Yesterday I picked up 日记.net, 日记.com is dropping today ;)

touchring
12th March 2006, 06:26 PM
Game over for this. :)