PDA

View Full Version : IE7 in Israel

Lmg67
12th August 2007, 10:45 AM
This is interesting. I'm in Jerusalem using wireless internet at a bagel cafe. (of course Jewish people have bagel cafes!) I already have IE7. But apparently it didn't detect it because my version was downloaded in America? This is what popped up:

download
get Internet Explorer 7 now
upgrade to Internet Explorer 7
you are using Internet Explorer 7
take a tour
get add-ons
Overview

The features

Get it now

Internet Explorer 7 downloads
Upgrade with confidence. Get downloads for Internet Explorer 7, including recommended updates as they become available. To download Internet Explorer 7 in the language of your choice, please visit the Internet Explorer 7 worldwide page.

Check system requirements.
Please see our support site for troubleshooting and feedback options.

Automatic Updates distribution process
To help our customers become more secure and up-to-date, Microsoft will distribute Internet Explorer 7 as a high-priority update via Automatic Updates. Distribution of Internet Explorer 7 by Automatic Updates will take several months to complete. Learn more. (i added emphasis)

Get Internet Explorer 7
Based on your operating system, the version of Internet Explorer 7 below is best for your computer.

Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
This is the most common version for use with Windows XP Professional Edition SP2 and Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

download
If you want to download Internet Explorer 7 for a different operating system:

Select your operating systemWindows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)Windows XP Pro x64 EditionWindows Server 2003 x64 EditionWindows Server 2003 SP1 or SP2Windows Server 2003 ia64 Edition
Not sure which operating system you have? Order a CD
You can also get Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP with Service Pack 2 on CD in selected countries and regions. To order now, please select your country or region:

Select your country/regionAfghanistanAlbaniaAlgeriaAndorraAngolaArmeniaAustraliaAustriaAzerbaijanBahrainBelarusBelgium (French)Belgium (Dutch)Bosnia and HerzegovinaBotswanaBulgariaCameroonCanadaCongoCote d’IvoireCroatiaCyprusCzech RepublicDenmarkEgyptEstoniaEthiopiaFaroe IslandsFinlandFranceGabonGambiaGeorgiaGermanyGhanaGreeceGreenlandHong Kong (English)Hong KongHungaryIcelandIndonesiaIndiaIrelandIsraelItalyJordanKazakhstanKenyaKuwaitKyrgyzstanLatviaLebanonLesothoLiberiaLibyaLiechtensteinLithuaniaLuxembourgMacedoniaMadagascarMalawiMalaysiaMaliMaltaMauritiusMoldaviaMonacoMoroccoMozambiqueNamibiaNetherlandsNew ZealandNigeriaNorwayOmanPakistanPhilippinesPolandPortugalQatarRepublic of RwandaReunionRomaniaRussian FederationSan MarinoSaudi ArabiaSenegalSerbia and MontenegroSeychellesSierra LeoneSingaporeSlovakiaSloveniaSomaliaSouth AfricaSpainSwazilandSwedenSwitzerland (German)Switzerland (Italian)Switzerland (French)TajikistanTanzaniaThailandTogoTunisiaTurkeyUgandaUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesUnited KingdomUnited StatesUzbekistanVietnamYemenZambiaZimbabwe

Find help, get answers
See answers to common questions about Internet Explorer and get support.

Join the community
Connect with others through Internet Explorer chats, blogs, webcasts, articles, and more.

Get the Quick Reference Guide
View or download this guide to learn quick keyboard shortcuts for Internet Explorer 7.

ANYWAY i thought it might be interesting to someone.
Laurie

Manage Your Profile |Contact Us |Free Newsletter |RSS Feeds
© 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use |Trademarks |Privacy Statement

Rubber Duck
12th August 2007, 11:13 AM
Now that is interesting.

What you appear to be saying is that you have a US version of XP running a US version of IE7, but Microsoft.com have been alerted
to the fact that you don't have a local version of IE7 appropriate to IP allocated by your ISP. Have I got that right?

Well we can conclude that Auto Updates is working in Israel.

It would seem that it may not be the language of the OS that is the key to triggering Auto Updates, but your connection IP address.

It would seem that CD versions are uniquely NOT available in Japanese, Chinese and Korean!

It also begs the question whether warnings about downloading IE7 in areas affect by the Active X problems may have been triggered
by IP addresses in those countries. Perhaps there has been active dissuasion of downloading if you are located in Korea or Japan?