PDA

View Full Version : Current trends versus Common phrases/words

mgrohan
19th August 2007, 05:49 AM
OK, am slowly building up my collection of IDNs, with development in mind i was wondering what would be the best to buy.

(a) keyword/phrase which: is a current trend (i.e. current tv series, popular book) - with 10,000 searches a day, but only for the past few months. And unsure how long it will be popular/available.

(b) keyword/phrase which: is a common phrase (i.e. 'china real estate', 'plastic surgery') - with 500-1500 searches a day, but these words are always searched and trends are steady over the last year.

Which would you prefer?

domainguru
19th August 2007, 07:30 AM
OK, am slowly building up my collection of IDNs, with development in mind i was wondering what would be the best to buy.

(a) keyword/phrase which: is a current trend (i.e. current tv series, popular book) - with 10,000 searches a day, but only for the past few months. And unsure how long it will be popular/available.

(b) keyword/phrase which: is a common phrase (i.e. 'china real estate', 'plastic surgery') - with 500-1500 searches a day, but these words are always searched and trends are steady over the last year.

Which would you prefer?

If they were the same price, definitely the latter. Think "traffic for 20 years", not one year.

rhys
19th August 2007, 07:42 AM
No question #2. But I still think anything sub 1000 ovt is not that attractive for traffic.

Why mess with TM anyway? If its popularity did persist, you stand a good chance of getting a C&D.

mgrohan
19th August 2007, 08:16 AM
Good point i guess on the TMs, never thought about that part.

I was actually more thinking about movie/tv stars etc rather than tv series/movies. Are celebrities names TM'd?