PDA

View Full Version : Japan developing post-Internet technology

alex
20th August 2007, 02:32 PM
Japan developing post-Internet technology (http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nb20070819a2.html)

Communications minister Yoshihide Suga said Japan will start researching and developing technology for a new generation of network to replace the Internet.

The government would like to get the technology into commercial use by 2020, Suga said Friday in Brazil.

The new technology is envisaged as being faster and more reliable than the current Internet while being less susceptible to viruses and breakdowns.

The ministry is hoping Japan will take the lead in developing post-Internet technology and setting global standards.

mdw
20th August 2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah they're working with Senator Ted Stevens to jointly develop an Internet "plunger" to unclog the pipes to deal with those nasty DDOS attacks.

Rubber Duck
20th August 2007, 05:27 PM
No, basically they are looking to take a whole load of business away from the likes of CISCO and Verisign. This should be a wake up call. If the US loses high tech industry like this, where does it go next? Can the US economy maintain an edge or is it going to get left in the slow lane?

xxbossmanxx
20th August 2007, 06:36 PM
The us economy is driven by fat ass consumers who cant stop. We are golden! :p

Rubber Duck
20th August 2007, 06:48 PM
No provided the Fed Keeps lending them all money. But the question is, where is the Fed going to get it from?

The latest answer seems to be to print dollar bills on pre-perforated rolls, so you can just tear them off to use.

Wall Street are behaving like spoilt brats and the Fed is behaving like an over indulgent parent.

The idea is that this kind of intervention will keep the gravy train rolling. What it will mean is a crashing dollar due to loss of confidence of foreign investors who are already reeling at being swindled with fraudulent bonds. High inflation, loss of jobs and a great deal of misery. Nero fiddles as Rome burns.

yanni
21st August 2007, 11:11 AM
The latest answer seems to be to print dollar bills on pre-perforated rolls, so you can just tear them off to use.

We already have these...the $2 bills, but not in rolls; more like a checkbook.
See, no matter what you can think of, some crazy Yank has done it already or is about to do it.

:)

jacksonm
21st August 2007, 11:43 AM
We already have these...the $2 bills, but not in rolls; more like a checkbook.

Jeff Foxworthy once did an extremely funny story about this:

Man comes to reposess a car for non payment.

Repo guy: Mr. Foxworthy, you're behind on your car payments. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to repo your car if you can't make a payment now.

Foxworthy: (digs through wallet and finds no cash) Sorry, I'm a little short on cash at the moment.

Repo guy: If you can't you write me a check, the Camaro's coming with me!

Foxworthy: A check? Why hell yes, I can write you a check! I thought you wanted money!

Repo guy leaves happily with the check and Foxworthy keeps his Camaro for a while longer...