PDA

View Full Version : Have expiring latin single char?

Pete
23rd August 2007, 09:48 PM
If you have some single chars that you are letting go, I might be interested; 10$.
Latin script characters only, no dingbats (some symbols maybe though), mostly coms.

PM me if interested.

Cheers.

L@@K
23rd August 2007, 11:25 PM
$15, PM me ! LOL !

blastfromthepast
23rd August 2007, 11:27 PM
$25 per latin single character. PM for quick sale. Thanks.

mwbseiso
24th August 2007, 12:54 AM
$50 per single latin character! PM me!

jose
24th August 2007, 01:33 AM
You mean like xn--1na.com ɢ.com ?

mwbseiso
24th August 2007, 01:36 AM
Well, not exactly - a latin character! Not any character.

jose
24th August 2007, 02:25 AM
That's a latin character!
http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/latin_extended_a.html

blastfromthepast
24th August 2007, 02:43 AM
I like this letter:

ſ

xxbossmanxx
24th August 2007, 02:54 AM
xn--jmg.com (ợ.com)
xn--lha.com (ƀ.com)
xn--oha.com (ƃ.com)
xn--tha.com (ƈ.com)
xn--mna.com (ɓ.com)
xn--pna.com (ɖ.com)
xn--dia.com (ƛ.com)
xn--1ja.com (ǖ.com)
xn--hka.com (ǥ.com)
xn--nka.com (ǫ.com)
xn--pka.com (ǭ.com)
xn--hma.com (ȫ.com)
xn--lma.com (ȯ.com)
xn--pma.com (ȳ.com)
xn--jma.com (ȭ.com)
xn--nma.com (ȱ.com)
xn--gia.com (ƞ.com)
xn--4la.com (ȟ.com)
xn--0la.com (ț.com)
xn--loa.com (ɵ.com)
theres 20 of em I'll take PM offers on the lot. :)

mwbseiso
24th August 2007, 02:56 AM
http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/latin_extended_a.html

jose, looks like you and I are again rendering characters differently :) it appears that this time the characters render incorrectly on my computer, since the character you displayed showed up as a "square" on my screen.

blastfromthepast
24th August 2007, 03:16 AM
xn--jmg.com (ợ.com) (link pop) (renew now) 2007-12-29 00:00:00

Amazing:

รtєשเє ợยเภภ

http://www.myspace.com/quinndell

Rubber Duck
24th August 2007, 05:52 AM
jose, looks like you and I are again rendering characters differently :) it appears that this time the characters render incorrectly on my computer, since the character you displayed showed up as a "square" on my screen.

You will just be missing some fonts.

Jose. Can we start a Fonts Section at DNLocal.com under RESOURCES?

yanni
24th August 2007, 01:20 PM
Thread highjacking at its finest...

jose
24th August 2007, 06:52 PM

You're still in learning mode. Stop ending your sentences with "!".
All that we have discussed here before a lot. Latin chars, and squares due to the lack of fonts. Cheers.

Jose. Can we start a Fonts Section at DNLocal.com under RESOURCES?

Sure! What's your idea? PM

jacksonm
24th August 2007, 07:02 PM

Rubber Duck
24th August 2007, 07:02 PM
All that we have discussed here before a lot. Latin chars, and squares due to the lack of fonts. Cheers.

Sure! What's your idea? PM

Well many languages are not standard in XP, so I guess where members are having problems with the square boxes they need to be pointed to a location where they can download the relevant fonts. Even I may be mixing a few!

jacksonm
24th August 2007, 07:03 PM

Stop ending your sentences with ! And stop ending them with LOL!

mwbseiso
24th August 2007, 07:28 PM
Forget DreamHost. BlueHost now offers unlimited domains also!
Looks to me like your signature ends with a "!", or is that my computer rendering fonts incorrectly again?

Thanks for your evaluation. When did you become the forum's self-appointed grammar police AND psychiatrist? (do I have your permission to use ALL CAPS at least?)

jacksonm
24th August 2007, 07:34 PM
Looks to me like your signature ends with a "!", or is that my computer rendering fonts incorrectly again?

Thanks for your evaluation. When did you become the forum's self-appointed grammar police AND psychiatrist? (do I have your permission to use ALL CAPS at least?)

LOL!!!!

jose
24th August 2007, 07:51 PM

Yes, but don't abuse. Also, in case of doubt end sentences with !? instead of !
I am keeping an eye on you. It's a relation we have now, either you like it or not, LOL. The problem with "!" is that it gives a false sense of autorithy and that might fool newbies. Even more newbies than you. Yes, it's possible. LOL I also liked your good attitute in the beginning and thought it was just too good to be true and decided to keep it under my radar. I have choosen you to pick, so you should be proud of it, my time is precious. I want to make a man out of you. You have what it takes. You just need some guided orientation from an older brother. Cheers. :p

Because I can.

Not really, because I am sure about that. I am 100% sure BlueHost now offers unlimited domains.

mwbseiso
24th August 2007, 08:11 PM
jose,

I think that you have crossed your lines. I find your immature comments quite offensive and disrespectful. That said, if you expect me to react with the same, you are mistaken. My time as a managing senior consultant at a large New York firm is worth much more than your time, and I do have everything needed to prove that.

Please stop making a fool out of yourself and PM me to resolve your issues. No need to subject everybody on this forum to reading these irrelevant discussions.

This is an IDN forum for exchanging information and conducting sales. This is not a forum for wannabe-shrinks or immature pointless accusations. If you are here for the latter, I recommend another venue for your circus.

M

jose
24th August 2007, 08:44 PM
You need sense of humor.

My post was for you to laught, not to be be offended. Read it again, plz.

jacksonm
24th August 2007, 09:01 PM
Also, in case of doubt end sentences with !? instead of !

The ending punctuation !? is not allowed in the english language. Neither is a statement with a ? at the end. Only questions have ? at the end.

Leave the english grammar corrections to native english speakers!

For what it's worth, Mahdi's english is impeccable. That is impressive for a native speaker, let alone a foreigner.

bwhhisc
24th August 2007, 09:37 PM
Ease up everybody, its happy hour!

xxbossmanxx
24th August 2007, 09:45 PM
2 for 1 names day?

L@@K
24th August 2007, 10:14 PM
$53 !?

xxbossmanxx
25th August 2007, 12:37 AM
If you really want single char latin l@@k just PM me , I'll sell you as many as you want at that price each. I have maybe 15 more than I listed that I'm going to hang onto but I didnt sort thru what I thought was better or not I just clipped 20 out off the top.

Same with the rest of ya, this thread has 3 people acting like they are wanting but I get no PM's and I'm fire saling em out since I'm bored with them and want to pay somebody to do my port. Games site since guru's site is rockin.

jose
25th August 2007, 01:09 AM
For everyone:

I w-a-s j-o-k-i-n-g

Can you spell that?!

Damn. I wonder if I had the same reaction, last year, when everyone in the forum started calling me gay. LOL.

Chill out. I not to blame for your unhappy lifes. Even if I lost all my domains I would still have a smilye face.

Do you know Monty Python?

"Always look on the bringht side of life". In this case, on the fun side of posts.

From now on, I will do a list of people I can't joke with and try to always remember that.

And sorry for my English, also.

burnsinternet
25th August 2007, 01:53 AM
If you have some single chars that you are letting go, I might be interested; 10$.
Latin script characters only, no dingbats (some symbols maybe though), mostly coms.

PM me if interested.

Cheers.

I have been MIA most of the summer. Did they release single character ASCII or is this regarding the very few French, Portuguese, Spanish, etc. characters?

Pete
28th August 2007, 07:12 PM
Still interested; some posted alternative pricing so I'll refine my proposal:

-I'm looking to buy just a few chars (tanx for the offer Bossman though) to diversify.
-If you have some that you see no potential in and will drop, then try me first.
-If you have some you think are a bit higher value, I'll consider paying between 10$ to 50$.

p

Rubber Duck
28th August 2007, 07:20 PM
I don't see much value in single accented latins except some of the very obvious ones.

I have a lot of Single Arabics, but we are talking $50K and up for dot com now!

Single characters seem to get a lot more traffic than anything else. I really should have a look at trying to find better conversion rates.

Still interested; some posted alternative pricing so I'll refine my proposal:

-I'm looking to buy just a few chars (tanx for the offer Bossman though) to diversify.
-If you have some that you see no potential in and will drop, then try me first.
-If you have some you think are a bit higher value, I'll consider paying between 10$ to 50$.

p

burnsinternet
28th August 2007, 07:47 PM
$50 seems very low for a Latin single character. Can you give an example of what you mean? Something like ā.com (a real character in a real language) or like ṩ.com (not a keyboard character)? What are you asking for?

burnsinternet
28th August 2007, 07:49 PM
Stop ending your sentences with ! And stop ending them with LOL!

Use www.ǃ.com (http://www.ǃ.com) instead? It is a Latin character, too!

Pete
28th August 2007, 08:13 PM
$50 seems very low for a Latin single character. Can you give an example of what you mean? Something like ā.com (a real character in a real language) or like ṩ.com (not a keyboard character)? What are you asking for?

I'm looking for real characters that are not that much in demand, like ǿ.com, ŵ.net; I got those for reg fee a month ago for instance. I will buy them if I see that they are used in a language that is not too arcane (like some african dialects, pinyin, scientific litterature, etc).
I am also interested in symbols that are not dingbats, like ·.com for example.

jacksonm
28th August 2007, 09:07 PM
Use www.ǃ.com (http://www.ǃ.com) instead? It is a Latin character, too!

Haha, Jerry! :-)

xxbossmanxx
28th August 2007, 11:54 PM
A couple of those I listed are vietnamese vowels with diacritics, vietnamese is a pretty big language.

Pete
29th August 2007, 02:52 PM
A couple of those I listed are vietnamese vowels with diacritics, vietnamese is a pretty big language.

Which ones were they?
But the main issue with your batch was that it was a 10names package deal, unless I missed something. Would you sell only a couple?

mrleewood
3rd October 2007, 06:02 AM
http://www.idnwhois.org/one_character_idn.php?oc=1

blackops
3rd October 2007, 07:38 AM
Single latin for 10 bucks huh??

My single letter latins cost me around $1K each and that was 3 years ago. They generate a fair bit of 'type in', but for $10 I doubt you'd get anything that is even a dingbat let alone 'typeable'...

blastfromthepast
5th October 2007, 03:51 AM
The ending punctuation !? is not allowed in the english language. Neither is a statement with a ? at the end. Only questions have ? at the end.

Leave the english grammar corrections to native english speakers!

For what it's worth, Mahdi's english is impeccable. That is impressive for a native speaker, let alone a foreigner.

The ending punctuation !? is allowed in the English language, and is called an interrobang.

‼ ‽ ⁇ ⁈ and ⁉ are separately encocded in Unicode as single characters. Start using those.

There is a punctuation mark intended to combine the functions of a question mark and an exclamation mark in English called interrobang, which resembles those marks superimposed over one another ("‽") but the sequence of "!?" is used more often.

The interrobang (/ɪn'tɛrəbæŋ/) (‽) is a rarely used, nonstandard English-language punctuation mark intended to combine the functions of the question mark (also called the interrogative point) and the exclamation mark (known in printers' jargon as the bang). The typographical character is a superimposition of those two marks. The same effect is also frequently achieved by placing the exclamation point after or before the question mark; e.g., "How could you do such a thing?!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interrobang

The Irony mark (؟) (French: point d’ironie) is a punctuation mark that purports to indicate that a sentence should be understood at a second level. It is illustrated by a backward-facing question mark. An irony mark may sometimes be referred to as an irony point, snark, or zing. Its usage is extremely rare. This mark was proposed by the French poet Alcanter de Brahm (alias Marcel Bernhardt) at the end of the 19th century.

In typesetting or printing (and therefore when spelling text out orally), the exclamation mark is called a screamer or bang. "Bang" is also common in computer programming slang. Less common names in publishing include "gasper", "startler", and even "dog's cock".