PDA

View Full Version : NameDrive under attack

glow
24th August 2007, 05:58 AM
namedrive.com server is not responding

Hello everyone,
As you may know, we have been suffering a massive DDOS attack for some 8 hours now. We are striving to get things back up as soon as humanly possible. We will of course compensate you for any lost revenue today.
We apologise for the inconvenience and hope to return to full power shortly.
Mister B
blog.namedrive.com

jacksonm
24th August 2007, 07:31 AM
namedrive.com server is not responding

Hello everyone,
As you may know, we have been suffering a massive DDOS attack for some 8 hours now. We are striving to get things back up as soon as humanly possible. We will of course compensate you for any lost revenue today.
We apologise for the inconvenience and hope to return to full power shortly.
Mister B
blog.namedrive.com

Update
------------------------
DDOS Attack Update
August 24th, 2007

Hi guys,

Just an update here. I can’t believe this still hasn’t been resolved. This is a massively concerted, aggressive and malicious attack. We deal with a DDOS pretty much every day, but even our sophisticated defenses our somewhat overwhelmed by this. We are working on a solution and hope to be up shortly.

I’ll repeat for the nth time that your earnings won’t be affected by this and you will be compensated fully once this is over.

I apologise again for other people’s malevolence and hope we can get this sorted asap.

Ed
-----------------

Looks like they refused to pay the Russians.

Drewbert
24th August 2007, 05:12 PM
Maybe they're providing PPC for a domain that has offended someone?

jacksonm
24th August 2007, 05:38 PM
Maybe they're providing PPC for a domain that has offended someone?

I think it's just a routine shakedown attempt.

Botmasters: Pay us 50k USD by tomorrow and get protection for 1 year. Don't pay and we will take your sites out of operation and cause your ISP to drop you. No other ISP will take you, either, with that huge network outage we caused.

Webmaster: Piss off!

Botmasters: Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!