PDA

View Full Version : what is your highest search results idn?

abram lincohen
26th August 2007, 10:42 AM
Mine is an arabic one-150.000.000 results in google. not my favorite, though...

jacksonm
26th August 2007, 10:50 AM

xn--w8t.biz - 1,010,000,000 for 性

This means "sex" in simple chinese.

abram lincohen
26th August 2007, 11:03 AM
Great:) What a name... Apart from search google, what is your highest overture search results for countries? Mine is around 2.000.000 for a portuguese one a month...

burnsinternet
26th August 2007, 11:17 AM
Not sure what is highest, but 309,000,000 for 女 and 254,000,000 for "Português" are probably it for me.

Great:) What a name... Apart from search google, what is your highest overture search results for countries? Mine is around 2.000.000 for a portuguese one a month...

Which name?

Rubber Duck
26th August 2007, 11:59 AM

That is a lot for Arabic at the moment. It all depends on the level of Web Development. Several Billion in Chinese is not a problem. More than 1 Million in Hindi is Gold Dust! Other languages 10K can still be very interesting.

jacksonm
26th August 2007, 12:27 PM
That is a lot for Arabic at the moment. It all depends on the level of Web Development. Several Billion in Chinese is not a problem. More than 1 Million in Hindi is Gold Dust! Other languages 10K can still be very interesting.

Arabic and french are both going to be interesting, as there are so many countries which use those languages. Arabic will be a bit more interesting, though, as all arabic domains are IDNs.

burnsinternet
26th August 2007, 12:33 PM
Chinese has some big numbers! Just remembered: 469,000,000 for 元.

I forgot I had half these domains.

abram lincohen
26th August 2007, 12:58 PM
Which name?
It's insurance related.. .COMs In Brasil, .br has avery strong grip on the market... This might (will) change however as there are so many brazilians ...

abram lincohen
26th August 2007, 01:27 PM
True; it's also a common keyword-very good one. Hopefully I will be able to develop it later.

bwhhisc
26th August 2007, 02:35 PM

That is huge for Arabic, what is the domain?

abram lincohen
26th August 2007, 02:40 PM
I'll keep it under rug at this time. Trust me it gets these results in google. The funny thing is that I registered it 6 month ago. I may respond to pm.

I forgot to mention that I have only . com and .net. for this domain. 150.000.000 google results is truly a lot for an arabic keyword at this time. Which one is more valuable(com or net), it's hard to tell. with general rejection of everything US in arabic world I can spot the general trend towards .net in arabic.. Although it can change, of course if US politics towards arabic countries would change, which is unlikely.

dusty
26th August 2007, 03:20 PM
中 1,100,000,000 in Google

bwhhisc
26th August 2007, 03:26 PM
I'll keep it under rug at this time. Trust me it gets these results in google. The funny thing is that I registered it 6 month ago. I may respond to pm.

Pretty lame to start a thread to ask others to list their domains, when your not willing to post your own.

abram lincohen
26th August 2007, 03:32 PM
Pretty lame to start a thread to ask others to list their domains, when your not willing to post your own.
It's CarInsurance.com, which is mandatory in Brazil-main term. But as I said, .br has a lot of grip on Brasil, so .coms are used but not so much as in spanish speaking countries. This will change, of course.

g
26th August 2007, 03:34 PM
That is huge for Arabic, what is the domain?

هذا.com 185,000,000 google results
الي.com 175,000,000 google results

both are available

it only depends on the name

yanni
26th August 2007, 03:35 PM
I thought it was Arabic?

L@@K
26th August 2007, 04:00 PM
à.TV, 942 Million

means 'at', 'for' and/or 'from' in French

domainguru
26th August 2007, 05:22 PM
I'm sorry but this thread is bs. Nobody cares how many search results a word returns, just how many times it is searched for. Is "the" amazingly valuable because it appears 5 billions times in search results? Of course not.

abram lincohen
26th August 2007, 05:24 PM
I'm sorry but this thread is bs. Nobody cares how many search results a word returns, just how many times it is searched for. Is "the" amazingly valuable because it appears 5 billions times in search results? Of course not.
Of course. But archive (archives).com looks like a good domain .

Rubber Duck
26th August 2007, 05:26 PM

It is not quite as simple as that.

Something like Q.com won't get much overture. Doesn't mean that it does not have value. It is a Brandable. Very highly brandable. Don't expect much income, but the potential resale value is high!

jacksonm
26th August 2007, 05:29 PM

Dood, "the.com" - it's a 3-letter ascii dictionary word! Worth millions!

LOL!

domainguru
26th August 2007, 05:30 PM

I forgot to mention that I have only . com and .net. for this domain. 150.000.000 google results is truly a lot for an arabic keyword at this time. Which one is more valuable(com or net), it's hard to tell. with general rejection of everything US in arabic world I can spot the general trend towards .net in arabic.. Although it can change, of course if US politics towards arabic countries would change, which is unlikely.

Did you really say you don't know whether .com or .net is more valuable? I think you need to go back to domain school. Its a question first graders should be able to answer without hesitation.

Dood, "the.com" - it's a 3-letter ascii dictionary word! Worth millions!

LOL!

Really? When has it been bought for millions? Its a parking page, that probably produces very little returns. Come back to me when you understand anything about the domain biz.

Something like Q.com won't get much overture. Doesn't mean that it does not have value. It is a Brandable. Very highly brandable. Don't expect much income, but the potential resale value is high!

So are you going to talk bs like Whacko and say "the.com" is worth millions. Of course it isn't. It is worth a fraction of good 3 letter domains, get real everyone.

abram lincohen
26th August 2007, 06:13 PM

Potential reasale.... I guess we will have to wait. Overvelming majoriy of people who decide on IDN implementation , nevert heard of it. It simply not part of their corporate jobs. I asked a guy at my IT dept, Why didn't you buy some domain names in 1994-you would not have to work now!
He said: "'I heard of them late and I did not believe in them". Most of them never believed.

jacksonm
26th August 2007, 06:21 PM
Really? When has it been bought for millions? Its a parking page, that probably produces very little returns. Come back to me when you understand anything about the domain biz.

If you didn't understand that that was sarcasm, then you have been away from your home country for too long and are starting to lose your grasp on the nuances of your native language.

But I don't hold it against you.

Rubber Duck
26th August 2007, 06:41 PM
No of course the.com is not worth millions but it worth something and will eventually sell for a good price. Brandability is very subjective and depends on peoples perceptions which change with time.

Type-in Traffic is important. It is what should provide most of the cashflow for a domain speculator, but it not the only game in town.

thegenius1
26th August 2007, 06:57 PM
I got the biggest penis in Japan out of 644,000 :)

Drewbert
26th August 2007, 07:01 PM
If I'm going to start a business with a "brandable" name, I'm going to pick something that comes up with ZERO google results.

Why pick something that has millions of google results already. THAT'S NUTS!

I got the biggest penis in Japan :)

Bigger than Craig's?

Rubber Duck
26th August 2007, 07:05 PM
If I'm going to start a business with a "brandable" name, I'm going to pick something that comes up with ZERO google results.

Why pick something that has millions of google results already. THAT'S NUTS!

If you start with Zero, then you need to throw a lot more dollars at it and you certainly aren't going to pay big bucks for it.

If it has loads of Google then it is going to be less defensible but it is going to be cheaper to buy the mindshare, probably.

mulligan
26th August 2007, 07:05 PM
I got the biggest penis in Japan :)
Ouch ... Sounds painful .. Had a feeling you liked it like that ... :p

bwhhisc
26th August 2007, 07:24 PM

How much did your operation cost? :p

jacksonm
26th August 2007, 07:28 PM

Was that the population of the mountain monkeys?

abram lincohen
26th August 2007, 08:44 PM
Did you really say you don't know whether .com or .net is more valuable? I think you need to go back to domain school. Its a question first graders should be able to answer without hesitation.

So are you going to talk bs like Whacko and say "the.com" is worth millions. Of course it isn't. It is worth a fraction of good 3 letter domains, get real everyone.
Domain guru, I think you need to recognize that you know nothing, can predict nothing and can advise nothing. If you do this sincerely, you have a chance, if you don't you are doomed to failure in everything. This is as simple as that.

Asiaplay
26th August 2007, 10:35 PM
Domain Guru has a valid point - single character / letter IDNs and domains are obviously going to have the highest number of google searches.

This is why we always put a term in quotation for overt etc. - however even then words like "and" "they", "he" etc. will rank very high with little or no brand use.

The exceptions of course are terms like "heart", "money" etc. which have a value in themselves as a brand.

However I think we all know this... is really a discussion on A, B, C - hehe ;)
The point is more what others have said over and over, is an IDN brandable, can someone use it as a keyword to successfully gain a Search Engine or type-in advantage within the business area they are targeting (often this actually means the best IDNs are low ranked terms).

Cheers - Asiaplay

PS: Genius... knowing from reading history on this forum and what IDN you own for Japanese - your reply did give me my laugh for the evening, as it was off the edge reply - cheers... haha...

Rubber Duck
26th August 2007, 10:39 PM
Single Alphabetic characters also tend to have very high levels of type-in traffic. I guess Domainguru will know that as he owns the Thai Alphabet.

Domain Guru has a valid point - single character / letter IDNs and domains are obviously going to have the highest number of google searches.

This is why we always put a term in quotation for overt etc. - however even then words like "and" "they", "he" etc. will rank very high with little or no brand use.

The exceptions of course are terms like "heart", "money" etc. which have a value in themselves as a brand.

However I think we all know this... is really a discussion on A, B, C - hehe ;)
The point is more what others have said over and over, is an IDN brandable, can someone use it as a keyword to successfully gain a Search Engine or type-in advantage within the business area they are targeting (often this actually means the best IDNs are low ranked terms).

Cheers - Asiaplay

PS: Genius... knowing from reading history on this forum and what IDN you own for Japanese - your reply did give me my laugh for the evening, as it was off the edge reply - cheers... haha...

thegenius1
26th August 2007, 11:46 PM
Ouch ... Sounds painful .. Had a feeling you liked it like that ... :p

LOL good one , but my vegas homies know otherwise we like T & A ;)

thegenius1
26th August 2007, 11:46 PM
How much did your operation cost? :p

It cost a few bucks , but the investment pays pretty well lol

Was that the population of the mountain monkeys?

Jokster ay ? I take pride in being the fastest swimmer out of 500,000

mwbseiso
26th August 2007, 11:54 PM
I have:

архив.net (archive in Russian) - 151,000,000
авторы.com (authors in Russian) - 98,000,000

Nothing stellar, but not bad either...

abram lincohen
27th August 2007, 03:02 AM
Of course it is. You need to rethink your valuation criteria.

jose
27th August 2007, 04:15 AM
It's CarInsurance.com, which is mandatory in Brazil-main term. But as I said, .br has a lot of grip on Brasil, so .coms are used but not so much as in spanish speaking countries. This will change, of course.

Yours is "segurodeautomóvel.com"?!

It is the word OVT shows, and has been developed and shows nicely on SERP

However, we here in Portugal never say "seguro de automóvel", but always "seguro automóvel", maybe in Brazil it's different, I don't know.
We say, more informally, "o seguro do carro", but the product itself is "seguro automóvel"

I have segurosautomóvel.com (car insurances)

segurodeautomóvel, segurosdeautomóvel and seguroautomóvel were all regged on 2005.

OVT rules on putting on the same basket two keywords with the "de" (of) and without it and the plural and singular are still fussy to me.

HUGE TIP: ALL NETS FROM THOSE DOMAINS ARE STILL FREE!

mgrohan
27th August 2007, 04:32 AM
I would much prefer a domain with very little google results, and high number of searches.
Easier to rank, and less work needed on SEO.
Of course if IDNs are given more favourably rankings this may be a bit less of thing.

Higher overture/searches: means more potential traffic
Higher google search results: typically means more competition / hard to rank - seo. May also may mean a more popular topic.

But 'the' 'and' etc are not going to rank/count for anything.

Also single Chinese characters which are not full, and do not have any meaning themselves should not have that high value even though they will have huge number of google searches..

Neptune
27th August 2007, 04:33 AM
HUGE TIP: ALL NETS FROM THOSE DOMAINS ARE STILL FREE!

They were, thanks Jose!

Rubber Duck
27th August 2007, 08:27 AM
Of course it is. You need to rethink your valuation criteria.

THE wouild be fetch $50K in ASCII dot just because it is a three letter acronym with a Vowel. You could probably double that because it is a common word. No, it isn't going to get much useful traffic, but that is not the point.

jose
27th August 2007, 05:45 PM
They were, thanks Jose!

you're welcome.

About high G values, mine is probably トップ ("top" in japanese) 536.000.000
In Arabic, mines من and في are above 300M

blastfromthepast
27th August 2007, 07:07 PM
They were, thanks Jose!

Running the charity as always Jose. Why didn't you register them yourself?

jose
27th August 2007, 08:57 PM
Running the charity as always Jose. Why didn't you register them yourself?

Because I have learned a lot from this forum and it gives me pleasure to give something back now and awhile, for my friends.

I really was going to do it myself, mainly when I dicovered Brazilian people use more the version with the "de" in between. But I am happy someone from the forum did it.

Blast: Thanks for the opurtunity to answer that question. ;)