PDA

View Full Version : Returns from arabic adsense?

touchring
28th August 2007, 07:05 AM
Has anyone done arabic for adsense? How is the PPC like? Care to share. :)

I was looking at my ND account, not exactly satisfied with my 2/3 cents PPC. :o

jacksonm
28th August 2007, 07:12 AM
Has anyone done arabic for adsense? How is the PPC like? Care to share. :)

I was looking at my ND account, not exactly satisfied with my 2/3 cents PPC. :o

The prices are about the same now in adsense, as there are only a few arbs running ads at the moment. It will take a while for these guys to quit and for the real ad inventory to ramp up.

touchring
28th August 2007, 07:29 AM
The prices are about the same now in adsense, as there are only a few arbs running ads at the moment. It will take a while for these guys to quit and for the real ad inventory to ramp up.

Thks. If there's no enhancement in revenue, I think i'll wait for a while then. btw, did you put up pages in arabic format - right to left?

Meanwhile, i noticed that many of my ND Google cached pages are stucked at Nov or Dec 2006. Anyone noticed this trend also?

jacksonm
28th August 2007, 07:35 AM
Thks. If there's no enhancement in revenue, I think i'll wait for a while then. btw, did you put up pages in arabic format - right to left?

Of course they are RTL! Just put this at the top of the page:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="ar" lang="ar" dir="rtl">

The advantage of putting up pages in arabic now, even if you don't put adsense on them, is that you can track them with analytics. Namedrive does not record/display search terms for arabic (no kidding), nor does it provide geo stats on a finer level of detail than continent.

Drewbert
28th August 2007, 07:54 AM
Also Joshua, you will need to inject into your page after your stylesheet definiton, but before you start writing HTML to the page....

body {direction: rtl;}

(changing the square brackets to the obvious).

That will tell the browser to treat your entire style sheet at RTL.

Well, in theory. Doesn't quite work right for me yet. Still fine tuning.

touchring
28th August 2007, 08:07 AM
Also Joshua, you will need to inject into your page after your stylesheet definiton, but before you start writing HTML to the page....

body {direction: rtl;}

(changing the square brackets to the obvious).

That will tell the browser to treat your entire style sheet at RTL.

Well, in theory. Doesn't quite work right for me yet. Still fine tuning.

Oh thks. I think i'll try that. :)

yanni
28th August 2007, 08:40 AM
Namedrive does not record/display search terms for arabic (no kidding)

?
I've picked up some good domains in the past from ND's keywords on my Arabic domains.

jacksonm
28th August 2007, 08:58 AM
?
I've picked up some good domains in the past from ND's keywords on my Arabic domains.

Oh, you mean to tell me that the boatload of traffic I get to my arabics via ND is all type-in? Nice :-)

yanni
28th August 2007, 10:41 AM
I don't mean to say anything besides what I posted.
You mentioned "search terms" and I assumed you're talking about user search terms performed thru your parked pages, and ND lists these.

It's obvious to me now that you're talking about search engine terms used by boatloads of Arabs to find your pages.

What is not obvious to me is the need to be sarcastic in response to a simple query...

jacksonm
28th August 2007, 10:57 AM
I don't mean to say anything besides what I posted.
You mentioned "search terms" and I assumed you're talking about user search terms performed thru your parked pages, and ND lists these.

It's obvious to me now that you're talking about search engine terms used by boatloads of Arabs to find your pages.

What is not obvious to me is the need to be sarcastic in response to a simple query...

It wasn't sarcasm, man. I have been wondering for a while why all the other language domains (japanese, chinese, etc) show the search terms which were used to arrive at the pages, but the arabics don't. I assumed that because I get so much traffic to my arabics that the ND system must not record the arabic search terms because I don't see any for any of my arabic domains.

What does that "user searches" actually mean? Here I was under the impression that this was the term which the user searched to arrive at my page, but you're saying it's the searches a user does through the parked page. If that's the case, then I have simply been confused. That really stinks if I can't see which term a visitor used to arrive at my page. One more reason to move to a page where you can use analytics.

yanni
28th August 2007, 11:41 AM
I believe that ND shows the terms that users query in the search box of the parked page. I don't think it records searches made thru a search engine that landed the visitor on the page.
I could be wrong though.
As I mentioned earlier, I do see these terms on my Arabic domains on ND, and as a result I've picked up some decent keywords from these user queries.

OTOH, sedopro does show search engine query strings.

And, my apologies for mis-reading your earlier post as being sarcastic.