PDA

View Full Version : I need help in Selling A valuable Domain! this is my First post

steitieh
28th August 2007, 01:43 PM
Hey Guys,

This is my first post in this forum.

I was forwarded to this forum by a friend, he told me there are many chinese potential buyers here.

I have a domain name called: ZGC.INFO

Any chinese would know what ZGC is, and how valuable this is.

So, I am just looking for help and guidance here on how to approach the real buyers?

Thanks a lot,
Rami

jacksonm
28th August 2007, 02:23 PM
Hey Guys,

I was forwarded to this forum by a friend, he told me there are many chinese potential buyers here.

So, I am just looking for help and guidance here on how to approach the real buyers?

Thanks a lot,
Rami

Why did you end a statement with a question mark?

Are you referring to Zhong-guan-cun (ZGC) Science Park, the so-called Silicon Valley of China?

steitieh
28th August 2007, 04:12 PM
Why did you end a statement with a question mark?

Are you referring to Zhong-guan-cun (ZGC) Science Park, the so-called Silicon Valley of China?

Yes, thats what I am referncing...

Can you guys advice?

Thanks,
Rami

Rubber Duck
28th August 2007, 05:24 PM
But does anyone in China know what dot info is?

Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot,
Rami

steitieh
28th August 2007, 06:29 PM
But does anyone in China know what dot info is?

Honestly, I dont know, thats why I am asking for advice and help here! I have ZERO experience in the Chinese market!

Thanks,
Rami

touchring
28th August 2007, 06:41 PM
I don't think you can sell zgc.info to a chinese investor.

zgc.info is just a lll.info. how much is an lll.info worth these days? $50?

mwbseiso
28th August 2007, 06:44 PM
According to 3 Character (http://3character.com/priceguide.html), LLL.info is worth $145. I personally think this is overpriced, but I'm not sure.

pspdropship
29th August 2007, 04:45 AM
dot info is not very popular here in China, the same in the US i guess. ZGC can be the silicon valley in Beijing but it can also refer to thousands of other stuff... :)

touchring
29th August 2007, 05:14 AM
According to 3 Character (http://3character.com/priceguide.html), LLL.info is worth $145. I personally think this is overpriced, but I'm not sure.

Same price as a lll.us?

I invested a few grand in .us 2 years back, thought it was a good bet on seemingly strong growth in the USA, but now it seems not a wise choice - prices are languishing, probably got caught in the subprime! Not sure what to do with them now. LOL.

Asiaplay
29th August 2007, 05:17 AM
yeah - to be honest I wouldn't even attempt to try and sell it in China at the moment (even if it was the .com).

The time it is likely to have value is when / if ever that centre has Western companies inside who think having this domain could help them (as is easier for Westerners to find and type).
I can not see any Chinese company wanting to pay more than US$20 for it at the moment (if even wanting it) - and the couple of phone calls which someone would waste calling suitable companies on this, would match any earnings on that.

My personal opinion is that it is a possible ok sale in 10 years time (but really there are literally 10s of thousands of IDN names which will outsell this for use in China). Not trying to be negative when say this, but really is true.

Perhaps see if there is not a company in the USA who could be using it (must be someone who uses these initials in short for their company name) - as this is the only place where it seems that, 3 character ascii domains, are likely as unusual as this one are likely to have any strong value for a long time.

Just comments which I hope are useful for you - cheers, Asiaplay