PDA

View Full Version : The Rubber Duck

Rubber Duck
7th March 2006, 10:46 AM
To commemorate the historic sale of 東京.net and to avoid the precociousness of other successful domainers, I am changing my call sign to something less high profile than Big Dave. As I have been probably been called a Dumb Fuck by other domainers for several years now, so to make it easy for them to remember I will adopt by Cockney Rhyming Slang rules the call sign Rubber Duck or The Duck for short.

thegenius1
7th March 2006, 10:52 AM
Congrats !!!!!! , i guess that means everything thing went thru as planed, awesome news for all of us, :)

blastfromthepast
7th March 2006, 10:53 AM
http://www.wico.co.jp/image/no1duck.jpg

touchring
7th March 2006, 11:31 AM
I suggest using another callsign as "The Duck" in has negative connotations in the Chinese and maybe other society context - the duck is the opposite of the "chicken".

Rubber Duck
7th March 2006, 11:55 AM
I suggest using another callsign as "The Duck" in has negative connotations in the Chinese and maybe other society context - the duck is the opposite of the "chicken".

I see what you mean! Probably, OK if I don't translate it!

Actually, in English Chicken means about the same thing.

Well, It is probably a step up in most peoples eyes from being a Domain Speculator!

touchring
7th March 2006, 11:59 AM
I see what you mean! Probably, OK if I don't translate it!

Actually, in English Chicken means about the same thing.

Well, It is probably a step up in most peoples eyes from being a Domain Speculator!

Well, the chicken has the same meaning in many cultures when used in reference to certain occupation, although it is the primary term used in the chinese society.

bwhhisc
7th March 2006, 12:03 PM
The US almost had "The Turkey" as our national bird if it had been up to Benjamin Franklin.

Dave, maybe you can be the Phoenix, there is some mythology there about rising up from the ashes. Certainly you took enought heat over the years from the non-believers at many other forums to qualify. Hopefully not offending anyone here with my nomination....

Rubber Duck
7th March 2006, 12:07 PM
The US almost had "The Turkey" as our national bird if it had been up to Benjamin Franklin.

Dave, maybe you can be the Phoenix, there is some mythology there about rising up from the ashes. Hopefully not offending anyone here....

I don't think it is causing any offence. Touchring was just politely pointing out that whilst a Chicken is often used to mean prostitute in Chinese Duck can mean the male equivalent, but it has other more postive connations as well.

bwhhisc
7th March 2006, 12:45 PM
I don't think it is causing any offence. Touchring was just politely pointing out that whilst a Chicken is often used to mean prostitute in Chinese Duck can mean the male equivalent, but it has other more postive connations as well.

A duck has oft been applied to humans as "calm on the surface and paddling like hell underneath".

Rubber Duck
7th March 2006, 12:48 PM
A duck has oft been applied to humans as "calm on the surface and paddling like hell underneath".

Well let them think that. It might help justify charging a Million bucks for something that they know you only paid reg fee for only 12 months ago! Besides, I don't think the Rubber ones paddle that hard, but they always bob to the top.

I like the images invoked from the film and the immortal words,

"This here's the Rubber Duck.... it looks like we got ourselves a Convoy!

That was followed by the biggest "Car" chase Hollywood will ever see and a whole lot of carnage mostly wreaked on the Establishment.

sarcle
7th March 2006, 01:48 PM

Dave the male prostitute. I like the sound of that. :eek:

Just remember we are only selling words not our bodies. That's a nickname that could get your checked at customs.

idnowner
7th March 2006, 01:57 PM
I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa.

www.おめでとうございます.com

Drewbert
7th March 2006, 04:52 PM
>Dave the male prostitute. I like the sound of that.

Dave makes bath time so much fun.

touchring
7th March 2006, 05:10 PM
"Rubber Duck" is better, brings up memories of bathtime fun, big difference from "The Duck".

:o

blastfromthepast
15th January 2008, 12:51 AM
To commemorate the historic sale of 東京.net and to avoid the precociousness of other successful domainers, I am changing my call sign to something less high profile than Big Dave. As I have been probably been called a Dumb Fuck by other domainers for several years now, so to make it easy for them to remember I will adopt by Cockney Rhyming Slang rules the call sign Rubber Duck or The Duck for short.

The origin of the rubber duck is not known, but its history is inevitably linked to the emergence of rubber manufacturing in the late 1800s. The earliest rubber ducks were made from harder rubber and lacked squeakers.

burnsinternet
15th January 2008, 05:30 AM
Blast, are you bored?