PDA

View Full Version : adsense blues

mdw
31st August 2007, 05:02 AM
Like Rhys was saying, this week my adsense has also taken a major hit. But I heard the opposite view expressed by another member here. Let's just assume it's like that saying from Tim O'Reilley: "The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed yet." Here's hoping it hasn't been distributed to my neck of the Y! index.

Is this the warmup before the new Yahoo world order and we should wait until the dust clears? Or are IDNers gonna have to work extra hard in countries where Yahoo dominates? Somebody must have gained - there can't just be losers can there?

Olney
31st August 2007, 05:29 AM
As your site ages it can better in the other engines too.
Yahoo indexes as rank(ed) the quickest but don't forget about MSN & Google.

Rubber Duck
31st August 2007, 05:55 AM
As your site ages it can better in the other engines too.
Yahoo indexes as rank(ed) the quickest but don't forget about MSN & Google.

Well, you just don't know what they have changed. It maybe that age has become more important at Google, which maybe why some of you have been hurt.

Anyway, as far as I can tell this only affect Yahoo Japan. Yahoo doesn't seem to matter much anywhere else, and I am not sure MSN shows up on the Radar Screen anywhere.

For those of us not entirely focused on Japan, the actions of Baidu and Yandex are likely to be more critical. And all of them are under pressure from Google.

touchring
31st August 2007, 06:01 AM
Like Rhys was saying, this week my adsense has also taken a major hit. But I heard the opposite view expressed by another member here. Let's just assume it's like that saying from Tim O'Reilley: "The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed yet." Here's hoping it hasn't been distributed to my neck of the Y! index.

Is this the warmup before the new Yahoo world order and we should wait until the dust clears? Or are IDNers gonna have to work extra hard in countries where Yahoo dominates? Somebody must have gained - there can't just be losers can there?

Look on the bright side. Look to Guru for inspiration. 1 million pageviews with an IDN. Number ONE IDN. :)

mdw
31st August 2007, 06:45 AM
Look on the bright side. Look to Guru for inspiration. 1 million pageviews with an IDN. Number ONE IDN. :)
Still not much consolation, because it's so much harder to monetize Thai sites for the time being anyway.