PDA

View Full Version : idn.verisign-grs.com

touchring
2nd September 2007, 07:39 PM
Has anyone noticed this referral site in analytics from june to around july?

idn.verisign-grs.com

This appears across different languages idns.

web navigation for idn?

burnsinternet
3rd September 2007, 04:05 AM
It is the IDN plugin for IE6. Sounds cool to me!

Drewbert
3rd September 2007, 05:01 AM
Too late to get excited....

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=idn.verisign-grs.com

I'd love to know what happened that caused the increase before it got switched out again!

touchring
3rd September 2007, 05:05 AM
It is the IDN plugin for IE6. Sounds cool to me!

I dun think, it's not the plugin, it's known as web navi - or web navigation. Some sort of ISP-verisign redirect. Can't confirm though, as i have not experienced it myself. :)

burnsinternet
3rd September 2007, 05:17 AM
When I got my current PDA over a year ago, it had a nice screen and 3G connection. Of course, IE7 had just been released, so I tried to navigate to one of my IDNs. It immediately told me that this was an IDN and asked if I wanted to install the Verisign plugin. It shoved me to that address.

The reason I think that is cool is because this means people are still visiting IDNs without IE7. Grassroots. Power to the people! Maybe the drop is due to IE7?

touchring
3rd September 2007, 05:42 AM
When I got my current PDA over a year ago, it had a nice screen and 3G connection. Of course, IE7 had just been released, so I tried to navigate to one of my IDNs. It immediately told me that this was an IDN and asked if I wanted to install the Verisign plugin. It shoved me to that address.

The reason I think that is cool is because this means people are still visiting IDNs without IE7. Grassroots. Power to the people! Maybe the drop is due to IE7?

Interesting,,have you experienced this on your PC?

burnsinternet
3rd September 2007, 05:55 AM
Nope. Never wanted a computer that couldn't see IDNs.