PDA

View Full Version : Snap Arabic Auction Sales Report $$

bwhhisc
9th September 2007, 08:13 PM
Of the auctions I watched...not sure who any of the buyers were.

SOLD AT SNAPNAMES AUCTIONS TODAY:
طب.com xn--ngb3a.com Medicine/Drugs $ 1161
العقارات.com xn--mgbaam7a8b9co.com Real Estates $ 630
الاستثمار.com xn--mgbaalf1bk8kna.com The investment $ 255
الشعر.com xn--mgbuiu7c.com The hair $ 775
صحة.com xn--ogbhx.com Health- closed at $ 630

Fka200
9th September 2007, 08:15 PM
الرياصي.com - theathlete.com - $600 according to another member

dice336
9th September 2007, 08:15 PM
التكنولوجيا (xn--mgbaii8iecpsbx.com) technology $114

jacksonm
9th September 2007, 08:17 PM
i've got a bunch of them to post, just wait a few minutes for the last one to finish.

One person has dropped over 7k from what I've seen, but I was only in 8 auctions.

bwhhisc
9th September 2007, 08:24 PM
i've got a bunch of them to post, just wait a few minutes for the last one to finish. Moofasa has dropped over 7k from what I've seen, but I was only in 8 auctions. .

If things turn out roses for Arabic idns he will probably turn his 7k into 7 figures.

jacksonm
9th September 2007, 08:34 PM
If things turn out roses for Arabic idns he will probably turn his 7k into 7 figures.

7k wasn't quite right, just off the top of my head. Here are the accurate figures:

health - 630
the shares - 430
economy - 253
the investment - 255
medicine - 1161
the real estates - 630
real estate - 581
the ringtones - 250

Someone clearly had determination... The game is ON for arabic!

jose
9th September 2007, 09:22 PM
I was after horses and wines... but missed them. Any1?

Now this is funny, IDN Arabic on .info and .org. Nice one SnapNames!

xn--mgbo9db3a.info — — $59.00
xn--mgbo9db3a.org — — $59.00

bwhhisc
9th September 2007, 10:24 PM
I was after horses and wines... but missed them. Any1?

If you were signed up for auction you can check "My Account", then "Order History" for final auction results on those 2.

IDNCowboy
10th September 2007, 12:21 AM
الشعر.com xn--mgbuiu7c.com The hair

I get varying answers

hair or poetry?

Muhammad Mustafa
10th September 2007, 12:46 AM
I get varying answers

hair or poetry?

it's both dude :)
there is an accent in Arabic looks like the hyphen (-), is this accent is over the 3rd char. like this الشَعر it will be the hair, and if under the 3rd letter like this الشِعر it will be the poetry .. but as we all register names without accent, and as we all Arabs used to use such words without accents, this is a pretty good name.
hope this helps you :)

IDNCowboy
10th September 2007, 01:03 AM
it's both dude :)
there is an accent in Arabic looks like the hyphen (-), is this accent is over the 3rd char. like this الشَعر it will be the hair, and if under the 3rd letter like this الشِعر it will be the poetry .. but as we all register names without accent, and as we all Arabs used to use such words without accents, this is a pretty good name.
hope this helps you :)
darn darn darn ;-) "hair" went cheappp

jose
10th September 2007, 02:11 AM
If you were signed up for auction you can check "My Account", then "Order History" for final auction results on those 2.

I missed the date...

Rubber Duck
10th September 2007, 06:18 AM
These were an absolute give away.

The doppy morons that backed out on the back of Dabsis advice will feel pretty silly next year.

7k wasn't quite right, just off the top of my head. Here are the accurate figures:

health - 630
the shares - 430
economy - 253
the investment - 255
medicine - 1161
the real estates - 630
real estate - 581
the ringtones - 250

g
10th September 2007, 08:27 AM
all went cheap and nothing was able to kick off information.com sale which is still the top reported arabic idn sale :)

http://www.xn--mgb5a8an.com/idnsales.htm

touchring
10th September 2007, 08:48 AM
Nothing really beats قوقل.com

1,111$
google.com

4 figures for a big trademark. :o

btw, what does sportive means?

g
10th September 2007, 09:28 AM
Nothing really beats قوقل.com

1,111$
google.com

4 figures for a big trademark. :o

btw, what does sportive means?

sports is noun and sportive is adjective

it will be a nightmare for google to go after all languages IDN versions of google

until then we will continue to report this sale :)

idn
10th September 2007, 09:42 AM

Barely. I actually feel these prices are very low. Good for the winners, I guess.

ala101
10th September 2007, 11:26 AM
Congratulations to the winners :)
These prices were really cheap !
The best 2 idns of these mentioned above were :

The Real Estates العقارات.com xn--mgbaam7a8b9co.com $ 630
Real Estate عقار.com $581

These r the best 2 idns that dropped this week :D

Rubber Duck
10th September 2007, 11:53 AM
all went cheap and nothing was able to kick off information.com sale which is still the top reported arabic idn sale :)

http://www.xn--mgb5a8an.com/idnsales.htm

Snapnames fucked up big time. I doubt whether the seller will be back with another instalment anytime soon.

markits
10th September 2007, 03:05 PM
Of the auctions I watched...not sure who any of the buyers were.

SOLD AT SNAPNAMES AUCTIONS TODAY:
طب.com xn--ngb3a.com Medicine/Drugs $ 1161

I thought I own Medicine/Drugs com -- الدواء.com. Wonder what the difference between mine and the snapped one.

Fka200
10th September 2007, 03:22 PM
Coulda swore طب was another form of saying doctor. الدواء does mean "the medicine."

Muhammad Mustafa
10th September 2007, 03:27 PM
I thought I own Medicine/Drugs com -- الدواء.com. Wonder what the difference between mine and the snapped one.
they almost the same, what you have is "The medicine" and the snapped one is 'Drug' and the difference that snapped one also used as 'Realestate' as well.

ala101
10th September 2007, 04:07 PM
1 : "medicine college"
2 : "medicine from pharmacy"

in 1 , the snapped idn (طب)
in 2 , the one u have , (الدواء) or (دواء)

dabsi
10th September 2007, 04:48 PM
This is what we would call, the funerals of Arabic IDNs.
This is unfortunately a confirmation of the decision taken by ICANN.

(non latin)IDN.ASCII= penny stocks of the domain market? Every stock exchange has it's own screaming duck and loosers. Or would you accept dialing with your mobile in both eastern Arabic and western Arabic numbers?

Good Night

DABSI

Fka200
10th September 2007, 04:53 PM

(non latin)IDN.ASCII= penny stocks of the domain market? Every stock exchange has it's own screaming duck and loosers. Or would you accept dialing with your mobile in both eastern Arabic and western Arabic numbers?

Good Night

DABSI

If you're willing to liquidate, PM me.

Rubber Duck
10th September 2007, 04:54 PM
OK Dabsi, so put your domains where your mouth is and auction off your holdings her e and now or be recognised for the poisonous little scum bag you really are!

jacksonm
10th September 2007, 05:36 PM

Good Night

DABSI

Good lord, woman, make up your mind. First you say that arabic IDNs are dying, dying, dead, then when I offer you $50 each for some of yours you call me crazy. They're not worth a penny, but they're worth hundreds of times $50. This defies any logic.

Split personality, chemical imbalance, perpetual PMS, what is it? Whatever it is, I bet the good doctors in Germany have a treatment; you should go and see one.

burnsinternet
10th September 2007, 05:54 PM
I hope that, some day, we will all be in the same convention hall or hotel. I really want to meet all of you in the same place some day. *sigh*

I do know that Dabsi holds a few REALLY GOOD Arabic dot coms. Regardless of what happens to idn.ascii vs idn.idn, she knows that they are worth money in any event. She won't let saudi.com go for less than xx,xxx.

I have heard the same opinion on Arabics from Arabic sources. We see Arabic ascii domains as twentieth century and out of touch. They feel that Arabic IDNs (currently idn.ascii) are history. Can someone tell me what they are talking about? Why the controversy?

This is an IDN forum, but I have not heard these opinions on this forum. I have heard it on other forums. I would love to hear the whole story if anyone can share it. No one seems to be willing to give the whole story. They just tell me to stay away from Arabics now. These people are not anti-IDN.

bwhhisc
10th September 2007, 06:08 PM
Good Night DABSI

The biggest Snap bidders were Arabic domainers.
And also, how about backing up your statements with a link to an article, ICANN meeting, or anything credible.

So, when is your Arabic IDN auction Dabsi? Time to put up or shut up seems to be the concensus.

thegenius1
10th September 2007, 06:27 PM
Put up or shut up its that simple !

burnsinternet
10th September 2007, 06:43 PM
I would like to see something from someone on this. Again, I had heard this long before Dabsi brought it up. She hears about it from sources in a country other than the countries/sources I hear about it. No hard facts from anyone yet, though.

Could it have something to do with the June meeting in Dubai?

http://www.icann.org/topics/idn/meetings.htm

October 2007 ICANN meeting: http://losangeles2007.icann.org/

The meeting should prove particular important for the future of the network thanks to the main topics under discussion (http://losangeles2007.icann.org/agenda). Internationalised domain names will make the Internet more intuitive for billions of non-English speakers around the world. Likewise, new generic top-level domains may change the whole way we approach the Internet in the future.

Fka200
10th September 2007, 07:06 PM
Jerry, just let me know what you need. Any questions that you have PM them over.

jacksonm
10th September 2007, 08:09 PM
Jerry, just let me know what you need. Any questions that you have PM them over.

Why not have it in public? Why is Nassar starting to drop his portfolio? Why is G listing it all for sale? When there is very little official news, actions like this make us all sort of skittish.

bwhhisc
10th September 2007, 08:33 PM
Why not have it in public? Why is Nassar starting to drop his portfolio? Why is G listing it all for sale? When there is very little official news, actions like this make us all sort of skittish.
Sammy has been gunning away for Arabic names at Snapnames, no doubt where he thinks they are heading. :)
G isn't selling out cheap, he just said that his portfolio is for sale but I think the number was $250k. And if he sold,
he would probably turn around and fill his boots with plenty more good ones at reg fee. Edwins Japanese portfolio
was also up for sale over the last year, but not sure if that is still an option.

burnsinternet
10th September 2007, 09:34 PM
I am not skittish, so to speak. I am just being realistic and, mostly, curious. I have only heard these stories about Arabic IDNs and not Japanese, Korean, etc.

You would think that the .kr and .jp type language-specific ccTLDs would pose more of a threat. That is why I wonder: Why Arabic? Spanish is multi-ccTLD but Latin. Arabic is probably the best example of a multi-ccTLD non-Latin script. Am I wrong?

Either way, my portfolio is heavily Latin and Cyrillic. Maybe 25% Asian and Arabic. I do love my Japanese and Arabic IDNs, so I really want to know what is going on.

g
10th September 2007, 09:56 PM
G isn't selling out cheap, he just said that his portfolio is for sale but I think the number was $250k. And if he sold,
he would probably turn around and fill his boots with plenty more good ones at reg fee.

what is the cheap asking price for my portfolio in your eyes :) feel free to appraise in public

check the current listing price of one my domains
http://www.xn--mgb5a8an.com/idnsforsale.htm

الاهلى.com 2,000$ alahli.com

overture is 8659 الاهلى

can you get any arabic name with that overture for that price nowadays ?!!!

movies.com alone is worth the asking price and people have eyes but they don't see.

jose
10th September 2007, 10:36 PM
ICANN Blog:

مجلس إدارة الآيكان يقر خطة تقييم أسماء النطاقات الدولية

"Board Approves Plan Alaikan assess international domain names"

http://blog.icann.org/?p=187

bwhhisc
10th September 2007, 11:00 PM
what is the cheap asking price for my portfolio in your eyes :) feel free to appraise in public
Gee, I was repeating that you offered up an "Asking Price" on your portfolio , but now seems you have retracted it.
My memory was the price of $250k = $250,000.00. But maybe it was $ 500,000.00 :)
Either way, seems you have withdrawn your sales offer. And you are right movies/cinema is worth that alone (someday soon).

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/12844-arabic-idn-blog-for-sale.html

burnsinternet
11th September 2007, 01:14 AM
ICANN Blog:

مجلس إدارة الآيكان يقر خطة تقييم أسماء النطاقات الدولية

"Board Approves Plan Alaikan assess international domain names"

http://blog.icann.org/?p=187

Isn't this just the .test test?

Drewbert
11th September 2007, 01:46 AM
Yes.