PDA

View Full Version : Osama spotted at Sydney APEC Summit - Funny Video

touchring
12th September 2007, 04:43 PM
Osama spotted at Sydney APEC Summit - Funny Video

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/video/program.htm?program=chaser

Asiaplay
14th September 2007, 08:47 AM
Funny really... note that this video even made Hong Kong TV Main News broadcast last night - haha... ;)

Cheers - Asiaplay

terminator69
14th September 2007, 09:00 AM
Another great performance by the chaser.

touchring
14th September 2007, 09:20 AM
I can't believe the Australians are so laxed.

Three months before the previous APEC summit in Singapore, i had to submit an application form with photos for the police to process a permit, just to visit a company that was located within the restricted zone.

The place was already out of bounds 3 mths b4 the actual meeting!

Rubber Duck
14th September 2007, 09:32 AM

Three months before the previous APEC summit in Singapore, i had to submit an application form with photos for the police to process a permit, just to visit a company that was located within the restricted zone.

Western style security. It is very important to make people feel they are safe in a democracy. This involves a lot of clever media presentation.

Asiaplay
14th September 2007, 09:52 AM

In every other way it seems they were not LAX... however, it just shows what looking "formal" can achieve - haha :)

Also love the bit about - and they arrested me and let the long bearded guy walk around like nothing has happened... and asking why that long bearded guy was not asked to join discussions... funny lol

Classic what these guys will do for humour - dear say in good old Singapore no one would have dared test the system for humour (and a lot of locals would not have found doing so as funny) - there is not even an opposition party in politics there really... opps, but you know what I mean ;)

Cheers - Asiaplay

touchring
14th September 2007, 10:35 AM
I correct, it should be the IMF last year. They created controversy by fencing up the whole place, and prevented anyone but pre-registered people from entering.