16th September 2007, 01:56 PM
Hi

Can somebody confirm what it means.

雇佣 mean Employment or not

Cheers

ChinaInvest

Asiaplay
16th September 2007, 06:30 PM
Yes (this is one Simplified Chinese option to mean employment) - it is the simplified Chinese characters which mean "to hire" or "to employ".

However there are others terms used as well, to mean Job Placements in the English usage sense ("就业' to get a job, start a career) - therefore perhaps for China "就业机会" (employment opportunity) I understand is the more common term used in Simplified Chinese.
Note that "工作" (job), occupation (职业) and utilizing (利用... employment of resources in Taiwan usage more so it seems) and sometimes industry "工业" (employment in an industrial sense only) are also used to mean employment.

Cheers - Asiaplay

PS: if you are seriously investing in this area for development... then feel free to PM me and I will check if my understanding on the most common term is 100% correct or not.

chinainvest
16th September 2007, 08:17 PM
Yes (this is one Simplified Chinese option to mean employment) - it is the simplified Chinese characters which mean "to hire" or "to employ".

However there are others terms used as well, to mean Job Placements in the English usage sense ("就业' to get a job, start a career) - therefore perhaps for China "就业机会" (employment opportunity) I understand is the more common term used in Simplified Chinese.
Note that "工作" (job), occupation (职业) and utilizing (利用... employment of resources in Taiwan usage more so it seems) and sometimes industry "工业" (employment in an industrial sense only) are also used to mean employment.

Cheers - Asiaplay

PS: if you are seriously investing in this area for development... then feel free to PM me and I will check if my understanding on the most common term is 100% correct or not.

Thanks AsiaPlay

So there is more ways of saying the same thing. Basically as you mentioned you need to capture what is commonly used.

Well , I would'nt mine starting up a monster.com in a Chinese version with

雇佣.CN

So yes I am open to development. The market would be bigger than monster.com you cannot argue with that.

Asiaplay
16th September 2007, 08:21 PM
True :)... get the IDNs first (as bet they are gone) and then think of the best business model you can use to do this and really earn from it.

Cheers - Asiaplay

chinainvest
16th September 2007, 08:39 PM
True :)... get the IDNs first (as bet they are gone) and then think of the best business model you can use to do this and really earn from it.

Cheers - Asiaplay

Yes I have the IDN 雇佣.cn

mgrohan
17th September 2007, 12:01 AM
Yes, it means employment. But i don't think it is used often by itself more as a compound. Also it is not really the best choice for a domain for a jobs site, but can be used i guess.

As for a jobs site in China it is a very tight market, many many sites doing this already so it is difficult to get in. I have been developing such a site for the past few months, but without thorough knowledge of baidu and chinese site linking, looks to be difficult to gain the numbers a job site needs.

As you say monster.com already have a huge site: chinahr.com, and also zhaopin.com are the biggest. (both have big advertising budgets in China, billboards etc)

Asiaplay
17th September 2007, 05:57 AM
Chinainvest... this I know :)

But I agree with Mgrohan, that it is not the "best" IDN for that use... it is a nice additional one to have.
I would also personally like to own a few of the options and the best IDN if I was going to put the time, effort and investment into a site like monster for China.

Mgrohan is correct - this takes a lot of understanding and connections with companies & job agencies on the ground to achieve in China (great to hear that he has been looking at doing one himself though).

Cheers - Asiaplay

touchring
17th September 2007, 08:32 AM
Hi

Can somebody confirm what it means.

雇佣 mean Employment or not

Cheers

ChinaInvest

If you're not sure if the word is popular, you can check using Baidu's OVT - http://index.baidu.com/

e.g.

http://index.baidu.com/main/word.php?word=%BE%CD%D2%B5 -> 就业/employment gives 1326 searches a day

http://index.baidu.com/main/word.php?word=%D5%D0%C6%B8++ -> 招聘/job gives 10518 searches a day

I hate to say it, but i do notice a recent trend of trying to sell lesser used versions of more popular chinese words on this forum, and these guys are very smart, painting them to make them look like they are primary terms by using large fonts, google counts, and pictures.

So you must really do your own study or check with the forum.

chinainvest
19th September 2007, 01:01 AM
Asiaplay and Mgrohan thank you for your valuable insight. I really appreciate people taking time out of their day to help others. Thank you guys.

Touchring thank you for pointing out the version aspect and hyping. I think Chinese IDN's are more of a challenge and you need all versions to be satisfied of a solid investment. You can present all versions with confidence when selling them as well.

I am thinking of taking some classes to learn Chinese here in Sydney.

Cheers

ChinaInvest

touchring
19th September 2007, 01:17 AM
Touchring thank you for pointing out the version aspect and hyping. I think Chinese IDN's are more of a challenge and you need all versions to be satisfied of a solid investment. You can present all versions with confidence when selling them as well.

I won't say it's hyping, just that chinese, like all languages, there maybe more than one word with the same meaning, so the buyer has to do his due diligence. Unlike the stock market, which has the protection of the Feds which bails out if necessary, the domain buyer is 100% on his own. :o

fierne
19th September 2007, 05:01 PM
true,but it is not a widely used word