PDA

View Full Version : Ebay - the new thread

GranttheKiwi
8th March 2006, 01:57 AM
copy of post by GranttheKiwi

I have been thinking about an ebay shopfront for IDN's all week and would be interested in working with Olney to set up an ebay store for the forum to sell the IDNFORUM'S members IDN's at fixed prices.

I am thinking:

A membership fee - a few dollars from interested parties to assist with development costs

Brokerage fees for the sale would be payable at a small % of the sale (given ebay listing and commission fees) - success fees only?

I could also draw up an appropriate contract for listers (being a lawyer does come in handy every now and again) - no obligation to list, fees payable up front, agent only...

...and buyers - i.e All efforts have been made to verify the accuracy of the IDN translation, buyer buys at own risk, payment terms, IDNForums as agent only, no representations, no warranties etc...

Minimise listings - more of a great domains than a SEDO feel - it's important not to flog off crap for the reputation of IDN's - otherwise we'll all have worthless portfolio's.

We list, members sell. Good advertising for the forum and buyers would no doubt directly come to IDNFORUM's second time around

Verified listing data would be important, i.e exact translations for liability purposes.

I would be happy to go this alone, but Olney if you would be interested in partnering with me on this with the support of the forum members that would be better.

Olney, would you be interested in working with me on this?

I'm personally of the view that this idea should be kept open rather than PM'd between members so everyone can comment. Let me know what you think.

copy of post by Giant

A very good idea!