PDA

View Full Version : getting a lot of domains indexed at once

rkae
19th September 2007, 11:29 AM
so I started with the IDN thing about 2-3 weeks ago and now I have a 100+ domains portfolio
and I'm wondering what to do now:

1. try to index all the domains at once so they can gather more google "age" and then start working on developing them. downside is missing the revenue from the google initial boost because only few sites would be already developed

2. develop domains one by one and index the site after you finish working on it so you can have the sweet initial 1-2 months boost and thus more PPC revenue. downside is the development process takes time and the domains won't be gaining google "age" in the mean time.

also
would I get penalized / banned if I try to index them at once by posting blog posts with 100's links to newly bought IDNs or with links and some content, multiple times, pinging a lot of ping services in order to attract bot attention. I guess yes?

Thanks.

touchring
19th September 2007, 01:29 PM
so I started with the IDN thing about 2-3 weeks ago and now I have a 100+ domains portfolio
and I'm wondering what to do now:

1. try to index all the domains at once so they can gather more google "age" and then start working on developing them. downside is missing the revenue from the google initial boost because only few sites would be already developed

2. develop domains one by one and index the site after you finish working on it so you can have the sweet initial 1-2 months boost and thus more PPC revenue. downside is the development process takes time and the domains won't be gaining google "age" in the mean time.

also
would I get penalized / banned if I try to index them at once by posting blog posts with 100's links to newly bought IDNs or with links and some content, multiple times, pinging a lot of ping services in order to attract bot attention. I guess yes?

Thanks.

I don't think you will get penalized by 1-way links, unless the site is blacklisted or spamy. What is pinging to get attention btw?

rkae
19th September 2007, 01:34 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_%28blogging%29

yeah makes sense but for example if I'm making posts with 100's of new domains registered less than a week ago and sending pings to a lot of ping services in googlebot's eyes it might look like a spammer who bought domains and is trying to get them indexed, who knows.

Drewbert
19th September 2007, 02:44 PM
>it might look like a spammer who bought domains and is trying to get them indexed

Which is exactly what you're trying to achieve?

rkae
19th September 2007, 03:01 PM
yeah but,

I'm no spammer although I'll be matching the spammer's patterns of "behaviour" - posting posts with hundreths of links on a blog, pinging lots of ping services and domains being freshly registered. no way to prove that to google's bot if there is such algorithm.

Drewbert
19th September 2007, 03:04 PM
So why take the risk?

You may not be a mail spammer, but pinging with those name lists would be blog spamming?

rkae
20th September 2007, 06:14 AM
well because I only have one established site I can use for linking/indexing and it's actually a forum and while it's quite popular putting so much links in the footer will look very ugly. also the links to the IDNs I already put there take forever to index for some odd reason. also I guess there aren't much if any link directories who will accept IDNs. also the sites must be developed in order to be accepted by the directory editor. so I guess I wanted to take the short route by slapping some blog with links to my IDNs.
I was just wondering if someone could share experience with that.
anyways now when I think of it I probably won't do it. too risky.

btw that behaviour resembles more some kind of a blackhat-MFA sites spamming, not sure if a mail spammer needs his site indexed.

mgrohan
20th September 2007, 07:52 AM
Sound very spammy what you want to do to get sites listed.
You say they are not developed, so what is the SE going to index at the moment?

I think if the IDNs are decent and you plan to sell them in future, maybe there is no need to develop, just park them.
If the URLs you plan to develop them all, i would imagine you have a company/business with a fair few staff. I imagine developing 100 sites that are meaningful and good websites, will take alot of manpower to develop and maintain.
If you plan to just develop minisites to add adsense etc to i guess this is possible. To get listed on SE's you do not need backlinks, although of course they help get your site crawled more regulary. You can just submit to search engines with something like IBP if this is all you want to achieve, or just google http://www.google.com/addurl/

Although, You have outlined the difficulty with this many idns yourself. Limited directories that accept IDNs. Difficulty getting backlinks etc is a problem in the long term, especially if you can't speak the target language etc. Therefore without backlinks being so easy to get, it is also difficult to do SEO and climb SERPS.

I think your best bet is to get a ASCII domain, make a directory - can use a free script link phplinkdirectory. List all your domains in the directory, and promote the directory.
This way, the directory can help to pass PR onto all your other sites, and having a directory you can promote all your websites from one.

This is probably the best idea if you just want to get sites listed and a tiny bit of SEO for each domain. Of course if like in your original post you wish to spam blogs with the links to gain SEO through spam. maybe not. Although be careful as comment spam can lead to a google ban - kind of the opposite of what you are looking at achieving..

goidn
20th September 2007, 05:58 PM
Hey Drewbert ,

are you the guy behind the PremiumDomains?

Drewbert
20th September 2007, 06:07 PM
Every 2nd rate domainer labels their domains "premium" when they try to sell them.

That's a word I steer well clear of, together with "rare".

rkae
21st September 2007, 09:44 AM
mgrohan - that's a great idea. I'll do that. thank you! downloading directory scripts as I type :)

otherwise I don't plan to spam _other_ people's blogs.

I'm a native speaker of the language of my IDNs and I'll be making minisites so I guess I won't have problems developing 100 and hell even 200-300 minisites.