PDA

View Full Version : thoughts of first german name

alibuba
20th September 2007, 01:25 AM
hello everyone just registered my first german idn. A language i really have no understanding of. I noticed how well these german names are doing sales wise and my attention grew towards this language which is why i regged it.

werkzeüge.com

pretty sure it means tools

thanks again blast for helping me with my sig.

tee1
20th September 2007, 01:56 AM
ali
I am not a native speaker but looking at the google numbers it doesn't look like the main spelling. for tools in german
werkzeüge 7 pages http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=%22werkze%C3%BCge%22&btnG=Suche&meta=

where as
werkzeuge has 32,000,000.
could be used as a typo but unless someone had a better explanation I would consider dropping it. sorry
http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=%22werkzeuge%22&btnG=Suche&meta=

tee1

mark07
20th September 2007, 10:43 AM
Hey Ali, german domain names might be doing good in the domain market for the moment but i would suggest you to invest in them only if you have some amount of knowledge regarding what you are investing in or else your investments could go haywire.

You may also want to refer to an English-German dictionary to make things easier for you by knowing the meaning of the particular domain word you are interested in.

Cheers.

alibuba
22nd September 2007, 12:28 AM
thanks for the help. going to drop this one.

jacksonm
22nd September 2007, 07:40 AM
Hey Ali, german domain names might be doing good in the domain market for the moment but i would suggest you to invest in them only if you have some amount of knowledge regarding what you are investing in or else your investments could go haywire.

You may also want to refer to an English-German dictionary to make things easier for you by knowing the meaning of the particular domain word you are interested in.

Cheers.

German is my second language and I can speak "Hoch Deutsch" (textbook German) very well, though I never really got a good grasp on a lot of the slang - and it's very local, each city has it's own slang. I can help with any German language related questions. Dabsi is a native German speaker, but don't expect too much objective help from her.