PDA

View Full Version : Shanghai IDC Co., Ltd said domian is money!

WebGuru8
20th September 2007, 08:52 AM
Shanghai IDC Co., Ltd said domian is money!

Domain names are prime virtual “Real Estate”. They are considered valuable property nowadays. To get an idea of what kind of “Real Estate” we are talking about, check out some of this decade’s Domain Name Sales:
? Business.com – $7.5 million
? AsSeenOnTV.com - $5.1 million
? Altavista.com – $3.3 million, then sold to Overture Services for $107 million!
? Wine.com - $2.9 million
? Autos.com - $2.2 million
? Commerce.com - $180,000
and the list goes on…

As you can see, we are talking big money here. Lets see how we can make money selling domains.

To sell a domain, obviously you need to advertise it somewhere. Sedo is a great way of marketing your domain name. Not only do they offer free parking for your domain, but they also offer to list your domain for sale for free! You will be able to input your own asking price for each domain your park, and also a short description of the domain. It is a fantastic tool to sell your domain fast and at the same time earn revenue from clicks while you wait for the perfect offer. Remember to always sell to an end-user, which is always a company or corporation that will use the domain to establish their business.

Sometimes you will be faced in a situation where some guy will make an offer for a domain you own; what they’ll do is buy your domain for some nice amount in order to make you happy, then sell it to an end-user in a gazillion 46 times more than the amount you sold it for.

So my advice is, if you don’t really and desperately need the money, don’t sell it until you find the right buyer. But don’t let this fool you, sometimes you know you will not find any end-user for your ridiculous domain name and a wise decision will be selling it to the guy who made you the first offer.
- Always ask for an appraisal before making a sale. You can ask for appraisals in domain name-related forums like NamePros. You can open a new thread and ask around about your domain. But if you want to know an exact price of the name, simply look for a company whose business is domain appraisal. They will charge you X amount of cash and you will receive a professional domain name appraisal.

- If you consider your domain name to be a ridiculously important one. I recommend you add it to Sedo’s featured domain names, (of course this is not free), but for sure it will get the attention and the offer you want for your domain.

- Always make your final sale transaction through a domain escrow company like Sedo to ensure safety of the transaction.

And the next article offered by Shanghai IDC Co., Ltd:

As a business, your mindset is to promote your name and brand as much as possible. But, when it comes to domain registration, businesses register only one domain name, say, a .com domain name to host their business website to feature products and services they offer. At the same time, they give enough room for their competitors to register a domain name similar to the original one with a different TLD, say, with .net domain name.

Now, the risk arises when your competitors may use that second domain name to either show-case their own products and services or they may use it in such a way that ultimately will give your brand or business name a bad reputation among the customers. In either case you will be loosing valuable customers.

You may ask the question:- Why should I register more than one domain name?

If you're thinking about registering more than one domain name, you've got the right idea. Registering and using multiple domains names is great for building your business and can help you create a dynamic online identity.

When you register multiple domain names, you can:-

Keep your competition from registering a domain name that draws customers to them instead of you.

Promote the different products and services you offer.

Drive more traffic to your Web site.

Enjoy more opportunities to market to--and be listed in--search engines.

Create distinct advertising strategies that reach different target markets.

Provide customers more ways to find you when searching the Internet.

Capture common misspellings of your domain name, instead of sending visitors to an error page.

Protect your brand and online identity from those who may have unsavory purposes.

Registering multiple domain names with .com, .net, .org, .info, .name and .mobi TLD's is always must. It's also cheap. Many domain name registrar’s like NxtDomains.com provides on-spot discount when you register multiple domain names. You may save up to 23% on domain prices per year.

Thus registering multiple domain names is always an advantage to your business and will always secure your brand name.

Wot
20th September 2007, 09:44 AM
Wot's a domian?

And should I be investing my retirement income in this new venture ?

:p

mark07
20th September 2007, 10:16 AM
Good article there WebGuru, I'm new to this domaining world and getting a lot of interest in it and so I find your article interesting.
Reputation added.

Cheers.

sunsei21
20th September 2007, 12:16 PM
the best place to start is in ascii .coms nothing good will ever come from idns :o

mark07
21st September 2007, 10:37 AM
the best place to start is in ascii .coms nothing good will ever come from idns :o

Is ascii.com related to domains as I couldn't figure anything related to domains on the home page of that site and what makes you think in that manner regarding idn?

Cheers.

yanni
21st September 2007, 10:55 AM
Is ascii.com related to domains as I couldn't figure anything related to domains on the home page of that site and what makes you think in that manner regarding idn?

Cheers.

He's pulling your leg...
(ASCII are domains other than IDN, btw)

mark07
25th September 2007, 09:54 AM
He's pulling your leg...
(ASCII are domains other than IDN, btw)

Oh is it? Well I didn't judge it like that as it didn't sound like that to me.

blastfromthepast
26th September 2007, 01:00 AM
With a face that wide...

mark07
26th September 2007, 07:48 AM
yeah right.

sunsei21
26th September 2007, 11:36 AM

yes its true I own at least one idn ;)

mark07
27th September 2007, 10:14 AM
That's good to know now :)