PDA

View Full Version : Here's a google SEO tip

Pete
22nd September 2007, 09:43 PM
I recently got an adsense account and found that moving certain things around had an instant effect on what ads were displayed; this leads me to theorize that how Google sees my page for ads is probably the same as how it sees it for indexation.
If this is correct, then it's a lot faster than trying changes over time and see how ranking is affected.

Title and description metas were obvious, but other changes had surprising instant effect. for instance, I listed eight keywords in the meta and found that if I moved the last one to the beginning, a few ads were referring to that keyword instead, even if my limited text content was different.

One can play around with this and see how the weight of certain elements is calculated.

Cheers.

mee2k7
24th October 2007, 04:56 AM
hi Goatish,

VEry good information. Thanks

jose
24th October 2007, 05:02 AM
mee2k7: building post number?!

Anyway, I found moving a complete site as is to another domain, Adsense started showing ad acording to the domain name instantly!

How about that for a change?!

chineseidn
24th October 2007, 08:40 AM
I'm not sure whether meta keywords are still the way to go, well I'm sure actually it isn't. But for adsense targeting, why not.

IDNCowboy
24th October 2007, 12:37 PM
mee2k7: building post number?!

Anyway, I found moving a complete site as is to another domain, Adsense started showing ad acording to the domain name instantly!

How about that for a change?!
meek = spammer

touchring
24th October 2007, 12:45 PM
The bots improved, now posing as hot chick!

IDNCowboy
24th October 2007, 12:48 PM
The bots improved, now posing as hot chick!
and calling people names!

called pete a goatish? isn't that like the goatse guy?

jose
24th October 2007, 04:52 PM
It's a classic one. Bots now don't link on posts. They post 2 or 3 messages saying great post / good info and them 3 or 4 days later they spam they're own signature. That's why most of the forums only allow signature change after 30 or 40 posts.