PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo.co.jp search results

rhys
27th September 2007, 05:51 PM
Anyone have any more major shifting of their developed sites on yahoo.co.jp? One of my major ones slipped from Top of First Page to Middle of Second Page.

Olney
28th September 2007, 01:40 AM
Yeah there seems to be an entire Yahoo update this week. My parked domains that crept in the SERPS dropped.
Don't know if it's settled yet.
I got one developed domain that went back to #3 (unfortunately it was at number 1 before)
Number 3 is not bad still more than 50 unique targeted users a day.

rhys
3rd October 2007, 06:22 AM
OK today the hammer dropped on everything. No sign of my domains in the top 20 pages with one exception. Stuff that has been in top 3 for a year, suddenly gone without a trace. Anyone else feel like there is now a yahoo penalty on IDN?

jacksonm
3rd October 2007, 06:57 AM
OK today the hammer dropped on everything. No sign of my domains in the top 20 pages with one exception. Stuff that has been in top 3 for a year, suddenly gone without a trace. Anyone else feel like there is now a yahoo penalty on IDN?

Yes. They have also dropped some of my domains. Not to worry, though, one they dropped is now making $15 a day just from google. See my post from yesterday about CTR observation - I seen double the CTR and PPC from Google originated traffic as compared to Yahoo (and that is not a conspiracy theory). Screw Yahoo!

Neptune
3rd October 2007, 07:02 AM
Rhys we are seeing similar things.

jacksonm - You have a Japanese IDN earning $15 from google traffic?

jacksonm
3rd October 2007, 07:05 AM
jacksonm - You have a Japanese IDN earning $15 from google traffic?

Well, the traffic breakdown is something like 85% google, 12% referrals, and 3% direct. It made $13.37 yesterday. Other days more, other days less, on the average about $15 a day.